Oct 24, 2001, 01:07 AM
Thread OP

Getting into electrics

Howdy. I've been an r/c flyer for just over a year. I have to say that I love the power of the engines but I've become very interested in electric planes. I'm looking for a good place to start, and also some plans for a nice, quick, sporty foam unit. A buddy of mine and I have been experimenting with hot wire cutting foam wings and such and we're getting pretty good at it. Anyone have any advice about motor/battery combos? I've been looking at a Zagi kit, and a Pico Combat 400. Something this size would be a good place to start, I think. Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2001, 07:47 AM
Hi Joe, welcome to ezone!

If you're looking for a foam kit I would recommend the Zagi 400X or the Twinjet (though the TJ can be hard to find right now in the US). Coming from glow you may be dissapointed in the lack of power in an affordable package with foam models. But if you like your first electric you can always go to a brushless motor on your bird or electrify a glow kit like the Magic.

Have fun,
Chad

Quick Reply