This thread is privately moderated by subsinker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 13, 2011, 01:26 PM
Trader Rating: 20
Thread OP
Sold

MV Maersk Alabama

Hi,

You are looking at Graupners Sydney Star. It is a 1/200th scale container ship. I painted and lettered it for MV Maersk Alabama. You may remember this ship as the one that those Somali idiots tried to hijack and were shot and killed by Navy Seals. (Go USA!) Anyway, it comes complete with bow and stern thrusters and a Speed 500 motor already installed. All you will have to do is wire them up and install your radio gear and batteries (not included) I have made this easy as the entire superstructure is still not installed permanently, it just lifts out. You will then have to glue it in when you have all your radio gear installed. It also comes with a display stand and all blueprints. In addition, I have a few small detail items I am adding as time goes by (life rings, extra railings, life raft containers etc.) I will include any spare parts to go with it.

Anyway, I will take $600.00 not including shipping. I will not know what shipping is but expect it to be in the $50.00 range. Cash (pickup only!), money order, personal check Paypal all good. If paying via Paypal add 3% for their greediness. Pickup is the best way to go but it can be shipped.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you are a Somali pirate looking to hijack this ship....you are an idiot, it's a toy.

Thanks for looking!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2011, 01:53 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Hello,

Great looking boat! Do you have any photos which show the access areas into the hull for rc installation? Is there access into the center and forward areas of the hull to install batteries and service the bow thruster?

Thanks,

John
Sep 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
Trader Rating: 20
Thread OP
John,

The entire superstructure/deck comes out right now in one piece. I did not mount it as I wanted to make it as easy to finish the rc gear as possible. Once installed and glued in, all the hatches as well as the containers lift out for access.

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschneider
Hello,

Great looking boat! Do you have any photos which show the access areas into the hull for rc installation? Is there access into the center and forward areas of the hull to install batteries and service the bow thruster?

Thanks,

John

Quick Reply