Jul 07, 2001, 03:33 PM
Thread OP
Welcome the the E-zone Dauntae. I'm from North East Mass, not really your neck of the woods I'm afraid. There are a couple of others here from Mass, one from Carver and another from Somerville. There might be someone from RI that would be closer to you. Not many folks into RC in the North East it seems.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2001, 03:52 PM
Mr Mootsie
that's not good to hear! After I retire from the Marine Corps, I should be heading up to Tyngsboro/Dunstable way. I will be working out of Hanscom.

cheers,
Tim
Jul 07, 2001, 05:13 PM
Lifetime Member
Welcome to the E-Zone,
I fly at the Lazy Loopers club in Wrentham, MA. I am one of the few electic flyers. http://www.ultranet.com/~llfc/
I usually fly on Sunday mornings. Let me know if you are interested in checking out the club. There is not a lot of electric flyers, but it is a nice group of people.
If the weather cooperates, I will be flying there early tomorrow morning.

I believe there is also a club in Bridgewater, MA.

Charles River Radio Controllers is in the Boston (Cambridge) area. They have indoor meets in the Winter too. http://www.charlesriverrc.org/

John
Jul 07, 2001, 05:14 PM
There's a club in Dartmouth, just off exit 3 on 195. They're mostly (if not all) glow flyers though.
Jul 07, 2001, 06:15 PM
Old Guy
I probably see more electrics at CRRC (Davis fielld in Sudbury) than any other club I've been around. A normal Sunday session will have 2 or 3 electrics show up to share the field during a sailplane session. The group is primarily glider drivers at that field (with an ocassional electric assist glider). Have yet to see any "heavy duty" electrics show up or hotliers. The club is involved in indoor electric RC and does manage the use of various indoor sites during the year. Check their website. Nice group, and the only really serious glider group around. I consider it worth the 150 mile round trip to fly with the group each week.
Ron
Jul 08, 2001, 12:04 AM

Looking for E-flyers in Eastern Mass.

I'm in New Bedford but I'm still a bit of a newbie into R/C used to fly C/L when I was a kid and always was fascinated with R/C and now that I have my own family and a more settled down life My brother and I decided to give it a try and we love it. I'm 31 and totally blame my father for this addiction due to the fact he used to compete in C/L years ago. He still has his 2 Noblers and a Ringmaster with a ton of trophies in the attic. Anyhow enough of my babbling, I'm looking for E-flyers in this area and possibly a club if there are any. Some help and tips from experience would be of great help when things go crazy in the air.

Keep em Hummin...
Dauntae

Quick Reply