Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by Joe Malinchak
Discussion

3 ch- 5.5 inch span Cartoon Scale DR-1 triplane!

The is my new 3 channel version of Gordon's great cartoon scale triplane design with my graphics. The model features a powerful 2 magnet single phase motor that Dan Baird (Shagrug) made for me, a Rabbit receiver from Nick Leichty, and two 100 mg actuators that Robert Guillot sent me. I guess you could say it is a model built from parts from my friends!

The model weighs only 2.9 grams RTF with a 20 mAh cell. It will also fly with a 10, but I am getting great performance and real slow indoor flying with the 20 cell. Come see it fly at NEAT!

Joe.

MVI_0875.AVI (0 min 34 sec)
Last edited by Joe Malinchak; Sep 21, 2011 at 01:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by customminatures
foamanologist
Wow! You always do amazing work Joe! Cant wait to see a video of it in action!

Matt
RC-Microconcepts
Old Sep 12, 2011, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by micro_builder
Yet another reason to be upset about not making it to NEAT (again)!

Great craftsmanship as usual Joe, nice work

Nick
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:18 AM
Find More Posts by Joe Malinchak
This is short video and a great flight shot that Thayer Syme shot of my new 3 channel Cartoon scale Dr-1 triplane at the Indoor Night at NEAT.

Joe.

MVI_0994.AVI (0 min 23 sec)
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by fabersum
I NEED a micro seaplane lrf!!!
Fantastic model (as usual!) and great room flying..

I am planning to build a model around that size and weight - although I am afraid I won't be able to build it that light.. I am now studying the actuators to use: could you please be so kind to give some more info about the actuators and about how you made the hinges for the tailplans? If I am not trying to steal your and Guillot's secrets, of course..

Hope to see more and more small & slow actuators models like this here on RCG!

Andrea