Sep 11, 2011, 10:31 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel

Walkera has just released a branded Mini 3D helicopter with world's first 6-Axis Gyro - Walkera Genius CP
With combined 6-Axis Gyro, it's suitable for both beginners and 3D experts.
They made it flybarless which saves energy and allows you to fly 20 to 30 percent longer.
Multi-functional receiver adopts newest 6-axis gyro technology, integrated with Walkera`s latest flybarless control system, greatly guarantee the stabilization and highly decrease the flying stress for pilots.
They are designed to be the most stable heli ever l0l
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2011, 12:23 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP

The Walkera factory has released the Walkera Genius CP Spare Parts . In stock !!!
Sep 22, 2011, 05:25 PM
<Marty>
how come my order still says processing then? please ship the parts out ....i might need them soon.....
Sep 23, 2011, 08:23 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty
how come my order still says processing then? please ship the parts out ....i might need them soon.....
hi,Marty, all the orders for Genius CP parts have been shipped(excludes orders made today), you may check the tracking number into your email?
Sep 26, 2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oomodel.com
Walkera has just released a branded Mini 3D helicopter with world's first 6-Axis Gyro

World's first 6-axis gyro? Wasn't the Skookum SK-720 the world's first 6-axis gyro (in this application)?
Oct 04, 2011, 06:44 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprz
World's first 6-axis gyro? Wasn't the Skookum SK-720 the world's first 6-axis gyro (in this application)?
Hello John, You are right, a little mistake with that, Just checked on Walkera offical web site, It's the first inner 6-Axis gyro micro 3D flybarless helicopter.
Oct 09, 2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oomodel.com
Hello John, You are right, a little mistake with that, Just checked on Walkera offical web site, It's the first inner 6-Axis gyro micro 3D flybarless helicopter.
What does that mean? What's the difference between that and a blade MCPX?
Oct 09, 2011, 07:37 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncostes
What does that mean? What's the difference between that and a blade MCPX?
need someone who is more expertised to clarify
Oct 13, 2011, 12:07 AM
Suspended Account
Brushed motor? no thanks
Oct 15, 2011, 10:10 AM
who has a brushless Heli in the 35g range for ~$150? I thought the MCPX was brushed too.
Oct 16, 2011, 08:30 PM
Suspended Account
I guess you could get that towerhobbies brushless kit for $30
Oct 16, 2011, 08:46 PM
Ok read a little more in the Genius CP threads on this site, seems the Genius CP has a "6-axis" mode that is intended to make it very stable such that it behaves like a coax. I imagine it would have to be tuned just right to behave that way.

It also seems everyone who's flown a FP or CP heli before leaves it in 3 axis mode which is comparable to any flybarless electronically stabilized heli.

Still, an interesting little heli, if Heli-Max OEM's a version of it like the did the 4g6, so you can get parts at the LHS, I'd probably get one.
Oct 16, 2011, 08:52 PM
Suspended Account
that one guy on youtube with the weird voice did a review and it looked pretty good. Leave it in 6-axis mode while you're a noob and then once you work on 3D in a sim you can switch it to 3axis and do 3D stuff. He crashed it a bunch of times and nothing ever broke. It hit pavement.
Mar 09, 2014, 01:36 PM

Genius c/p Rocks !!

Thread is pretty old. I have two Genius c/p Devo version ones. Both taught me to fly c/p. They still are going and seen more than a few rough landings. Yes some broken parts but nothing major. Once you mod l/gear it takes its bumps pretty good. Now it has two Mini c/p's to fly with and two Master c/p's.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:24 PM
This heli was given bad rap by some. Yes the frame can be a problem for Norman noobie. Mods to frame have been covered. My #2 Genius had mods from start and still on original frame. Both helis are close to two yeras old. Since last year have been flown 4-5 times a week. Thats over 200+ flights each. i bet closer to 250 each. I learned to fly c/p on these plaus two Mcp-x's. They are still flying also.
In my book both Walkera and Blade get a big A+ . Sad to see both brands get short end of stick with rip-off clones.

Quick Reply