Extreme RC's build of the HET ME163 Komet EDF - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 03, 2012, 05:52 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Just epoxy them in, I am doing one now and used some 1.5mm ply sheet in the wing then epoxied the servos to it with some blocks either side to increase support. Then use the supplied film to cover over the holes, looks neat.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2012, 10:11 PM
Registered User
SMCLEODVT's Avatar
thank you - exactly what i did and it came out good - to the point of making a template for the motor - maybe tomorrow - doesnt look too fun
Mar 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
Registered User
SMCLEODVT's Avatar
should there be any thrust angle in the motor? i guess the plywood mount was put in completely crooked and when i put the spinner on it looks horrible so im gonna sand it down flat - should i leave some down and right or is it not needed?
Apr 04, 2012, 11:13 PM
Registered User
stanordave's Avatar
I just started to build mine and saw it has a similar problem to Arnold's except my motor mount is in crooked. Very crooked
Apr 05, 2012, 08:19 AM
Registered User
SMCLEODVT's Avatar
i built the prop jet - you will definitely have to straighten that one out... i thought about the ducted fan version - may have to get one
Apr 05, 2012, 11:33 AM
Registered User
stanordave's Avatar
Well Tony at HET said to try to fix it myself and if I screw it up, he'll replace the fuselage. Can't ask for any better than that. He also said epoxy was OK. Just was confirming that as one thread mentioned something about it not sticking, etc...

Think it will be a straightforward, quick affair. Was hoping to fly it this weekend (Wx permitting as always)

cheers,
Mike
Apr 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
Registered User
hello, what would be the fastest setup for this jet? i was wondering if it would be faster than the prop version? thanks for the help
Apr 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Registered User
SMCLEODVT's Avatar
i have seen both and i think the prop version is faster
Apr 11, 2012, 08:40 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Depends how its set up, our mild EDF version does 200kmh with an 800w 4s fan in it. Easy to fit a lot more power into it.
Apr 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
RA-TA-MA-HAT-TA
munce31's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
Depends how its set up, our mild EDF version does 200kmh with an 800w 4s fan in it. Easy to fit a lot more power into it.
How's the second build going Mark? Moving a long at a pace I hope
Apr 21, 2012, 11:08 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
D.B. Hooper's Avatar

ME 163 Komet on the way!


My ME 163 Komet EDF is on the way!
Haven't decided on the power system. Was thinking of the 2w -20 with the HET 6904, ICE 75. Would like to get 130mph or so. Any recommendations before I order the fan unit this weekend?

D.B.
Apr 22, 2012, 02:37 AM
Registered User
p901P901's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Hooper
My ME 163 Komet EDF is on the way!
Haven't decided on the power system. Was thinking of the 2w -20 with the HET 6904, ICE 75. Would like to get 130mph or so. Any recommendations before I order the fan unit this weekend?

D.B.
My setup is with the HET 6904 and 2w-20 with a 4000mA 4 cell battery and a 100 amp ESC. Its plenty fast and thinking of placing 2 x 3 cells near the wing roots inside the fuselage. 6 cells should bring the speed up.
You could also try the WM400 mkII Fan/Motor Combo, 6s
Specs:
Thrust...2500g (5.5lb)
efflux....345kph (214mph)
Watts...1900-2000 (burst)
Amps....105-110
RPM......54K
Lipo......6s
Motor....2900kv, 28-56mm, 4mm shaft

With this setup you will need to place this EDF further back into the fuselage for proper CG.

All these combos will bring the weight up and hand launching would be difficult.
Last edited by p901P901; Apr 22, 2012 at 02:52 AM.
Apr 22, 2012, 10:33 AM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
D.B. Hooper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by p901P901
My setup is with the HET 6904 and 2w-20 with a 4000mA 4 cell battery and a 100 amp ESC. Its plenty fast and thinking of placing 2 x 3 cells near the wing roots inside the fuselage. 6 cells should bring the speed up.
You could also try the WM400 mkII Fan/Motor Combo, 6s
Specs:
Thrust...2500g (5.5lb)
efflux....345kph (214mph)
Watts...1900-2000 (burst)
Amps....105-110
RPM......54K
Lipo......6s
Motor....2900kv, 28-56mm, 4mm shaft

With this setup you will need to place this EDF further back into the fuselage for proper CG.

All these combos will bring the weight up and hand launching would be difficult.
Thanks for that info! I'm thinking of sticking with the 2W-20 Like you said to keep the weight down and make it easyer to launch. I do own a Jetapult bungee launcher.
Apr 22, 2012, 10:55 AM
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by p901P901
My setup is with the HET 6904 and 2w-20 with a 4000mA 4 cell battery and a 100 amp ESC. Its plenty fast and thinking of placing 2 x 3 cells near the wing roots inside the fuselage. 6 cells should bring the speed up.
You could also try the WM400 mkII Fan/Motor Combo, 6s
Specs:
Thrust...2500g (5.5lb)
efflux....345kph (214mph)
Watts...1900-2000 (burst)
Amps....105-110
RPM......54K
Lipo......6s
Motor....2900kv, 28-56mm, 4mm shaft

With this setup you will need to place this EDF further back into the fuselage for proper CG.

All these combos will bring the weight up and hand launching would be difficult.
so hand launch is ok w/ the 4000? i will most likely bungee but not until its sorted out.
have u used the 2w20 and 6904 on more than 4's? seems like a smoke test to me , pretty high kv for 6's

chuck
Apr 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
Registered User
SMCLEODVT's Avatar
i hand launch mine with a 3300mah - but its the prop jet and has more torque. just set your neutral flaperons at 4-5mm up to be safe - its a little high but helps when tossing - but the crappy part is that high speed passed you have to hold down elevator to keep at level -


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Don's Wicked EDF Extreme Motor 5400KV skyracer068 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Sep 07, 2011 01:30 PM
Sold KOMET ME163 by Dave's Aircraft Works NIB KIT unclegeorge Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 29, 2011 09:00 AM
ACT Me163 Komet Build n Flite Report with Pics bolkow Foamies (Kits) 13 Jan 16, 2011 07:09 PM
For Sale S&B ME163 Komet docphi Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 17 Oct 02, 2005 02:47 PM
S&B Me163 Komet movie Peter Young Foamies (Kits) 0 Jul 03, 2005 05:54 PM