Pecan Patch Fly in, 9/11. Pics and Videos - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 12, 2011, 09:28 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
jiggiba's Avatar
Hey, did i see one of my old planes in there somewhere?? LOL
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2011, 09:37 PM
Registered User
kylewoody's Avatar
Ugh, wish I could have made it!! Looks like fun though, and very nice runways too!

Kyle
Sep 12, 2011, 09:40 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
hey jiggiba!

... actually, we got some catching up to do.

I bought the SD-50 off HoJazz right before SEFF this year and well, this was the outcome below.


The pics Webdr posted above are from the rebuild.... lots of toothpics, Popsicle sticks and mercury adhesives
Sep 12, 2011, 09:45 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
jiggiba's Avatar
Looks like i'm going to make the night fly this weekend at the Rock.
Sep 12, 2011, 10:00 PM
Registered User
kylewoody's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
I bought the SD-50 off HoJazz right before SEFF this year and well, this was the outcome below.


The pics Webdr posted above are from the rebuild.... lots of toothpics, Popsicle sticks and mercury adhesives
Wow, that is epic Bradley... LOL

Kyle
Sep 12, 2011, 10:32 PM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
hey jiggiba!

... actually, we got some catching up to do.

I bought the SD-50 off HoJazz right before SEFF this year and well, this was the outcome below.


The pics Webdr posted above are from the rebuild.... lots of toothpics, Popsicle sticks and mercury adhesives
That was one long walk to get that thing. If I remember correctly, the motor was at least 6" in the ground...
Jiggaba ...how the heck you been?
Sep 12, 2011, 11:46 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
1st couple of flights with no expo... but that did not translate well to video or to my flying. The next group of videos will be uploaded tomorrow were with expo(60%) and smoothed out the vid a noticeable amount:

Windrider Ele-Bee at the Pecan Patch 9.11.2011 Fly-in, GoProHD (2 min 54 sec)


Windrider Ele-Bee at the Pecan Patch 9.11.2011 Fly-in, GoProHD, flight 2 (4 min 14 sec)



Jigs~ hope to see you out at SM

HoHack~ you coming to SM this weekend?
Sep 13, 2011, 07:55 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
jiggiba's Avatar
I've been doing the full scale car thing. Trying to get my cars in shape.
Sep 13, 2011, 09:37 PM
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
Wish I could have made it.....We will be doing the 2nd annual SEFPV Fly in at the Pecan Patch in the spring of 12.
Sep 13, 2011, 10:30 PM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
The most fun Ive had flying FPV to date

Skywalker FPV Fast Low Flying and Crash (2 min 31 sec)
Sep 14, 2011, 09:57 AM
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
Nice WD.....the patch is a great place to fly anything!

You need to get up to the bluffs .....another great sight thats fun to fpv.
Sep 14, 2011, 10:09 AM
Registered User
rpstar's Avatar
Great pictures and what a sweet place pecanpatch has there. Next event I really, really need to come. (Trying to promise myself now)
Sep 14, 2011, 10:11 AM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft
Nice WD.....the patch is a great place to fly anything!

You need to get up to the bluffs .....another great sight thats fun to fpv.
Bluffs is next Im building a 78" Zephyr wing for FPV and I want to fly it there.
Sep 14, 2011, 11:49 AM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Sweet vid there webdr ...I really like the setup on your skywalker. That thing will move!
Sep 14, 2011, 12:00 PM
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
Bluffs is next Im building a 78" Zephyr wing for FPV and I want to fly it there.
Cool...give me a pm when you are going and Ill try to make it .


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Pecan Patch Videos pecanpatch Electric Plane Talk 1 Aug 28, 2012 08:05 AM
Fly-In (NC) Kinston Aero-Modelers BIG BIRD FLY-IN Sat.10/1/11 StarHopper44 Fuel Power Events 0 Sep 07, 2011 04:48 PM
Alert Pecan Patch 911 Fly-In - Night Fly pecanpatch Night Flying 19 Sep 13, 2010 03:54 PM