Dec 09, 2016, 04:08 PM
It took a few days, but I did get a reply and an explanation. Some sort of computer error taking my order on an out of stock item.

....anyway, I appreciate the issue being looked at and getting a reply from Alex. At least it shows an effort at customer service. In the end I got my order cancelled.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2016, 08:01 PM
Banana Hobby Service Agent
Hey Hugo Flynow,

Sorry about the troubles, but I'm glad we could get it worked out for you. I remember that weekly deal. After we sent out the message with the deal, that particular item listing got overloaded with orders in a short amount of time. Our website then began to take backorders since they sold out, but were automatically cancelled afterwards due to a lack of arrival date.

Once again, I am really sorry about that - but I 110% appreciate your understanding with this.

-Alex
Dec 13, 2016, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHCSR ALEX
Hey Hugo Flynow,

Sorry about the troubles, but I'm glad we could get it worked out for you. I remember that weekly deal. After we sent out the message with the deal, that particular item listing got overloaded with orders in a short amount of time. Our website then began to take backorders since they sold out, but were automatically cancelled afterwards due to a lack of arrival date.

Once again, I am really sorry about that - but I 110% appreciate your understanding with this.

-Alex
Your attention to the matter was appreciated. I'm bummed I didn't get the batteries at that great price though...Since you cancelled the order, Paypal took the transaction out of pending, so your efforts cleared up my Paypal account. So that's a plus.

Also on the plus side.....Two months ago I bought the BlitzworksRC P38 Lighting with invasion stripes, and was extremely happy with it! It looks beautiful and flies great! That was a LOT of plane for just $169! So I take the good with the bad.
Dec 18, 2016, 01:57 AM
GPJ
GPJ
Hello Alex, I have a friend who just received an F-4 yesterday from your store and it arrived with damage to the fuselage. He is disappointed but said he wasn't going to contact you. I told him he should bring it up with you. How should I tell hime to proceed? Thank you....

Greg
Dec 27, 2016, 08:51 PM
GPJ,

Sorry about the damaged fuselage your friend received. The best contact method would be by either sending a message to the phone number listed here: http://www.bananahobby.com/support.htm, or sending an e-mail. He can even snap a few photos with a cell phone and send them via text to the number on our support page. Afterwards, we can go from there with the best possible solution.

-Alex
May 22, 2017, 05:11 PM
Bayou_City_Boy

Mixer slide switch

How can I get a replacement slider switch for the mixer function on my topfire radio?
It is an easy replacement if I can get the switch.

This radio did not wok out of the box so I have been flying with my Spectrum radio.
When I opened the radio to see what was wrong I found this switch was corroded.
(I am an electronics system engineer so qualified to trouble shoot a simple radio)

I would like to get this fixed so I can donate it to our Boy Scout troop.
Last edited by bayou_city_boy; May 25, 2017 at 08:31 AM.
May 25, 2017, 08:29 AM
Bayou_City_Boy
Hmmm, no answer when you call, no response from my email and no response here.

I heard a lot of bad about customer service from Banana Hobbies.

I was hoping it wasn't true.

Three days later and no responses from them.
May 25, 2017, 10:39 AM
AMA 424553
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou_city_boy
Hmmm, no answer when you call, no response from my email and no response here.

I heard a lot of bad about customer service from Banana Hobbies.

I was hoping it wasn't true.

Three days later and no responses from them.
Welcome to the BH fold, wish there was a better avenue to get LX product that's reliable. Hey Alex.............
May 25, 2017, 12:13 PM
bayou_city_boy,

I apologize for the troubles, but we have no records of your request via e-mail or phone call. Based off the information you provided, it seems like you are being assisted now through the text you sent in earlier today. Sorry about the delays, but it seems like one of our representatives is working on a solution for you. Keep in mind that we don't usually carry specific parts for radio systems like the one you mentioned. We may be able to obtain a separate radio, but it may depend on whether or not we have it available. It seems like you have a system that was discontinued sometime ago. We'll be sure to keep you updated via text.

-Alex
May 25, 2017, 12:15 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
They got back to me! Hurray!
May 25, 2017, 12:22 PM
Hopefully we can find something for you.

We're always inclined to help, as long as we get an inquiry and we know about it. People gave us a really bad wrap a few years ago, but much has changed. I would consider a lot of the bad reviews to be dated at this point. Most are from 4-6 years ago, and they don't really reflect how we operate and take care of our pilots now. We had a change about 2-3 years ago, and we're really trying to make it right for everyone. Can't fix the bad rep from before, but it won't stop us from changing for the better.

Anyways, I'll be sure to monitor your texts - hopefully we still have something comparable for you to obtain.

-Alex
May 25, 2017, 01:35 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
I did get pretty quick response today.
Jun 21, 2017, 12:39 AM
Bayou_City_Boy
Texting Banana Hobbies is the way to go!
Apparently they never received my online request.
But once I contacted them via text I got a quick response and they worked hard to help me.
I appreciate the hard work from the folks at Banana Hobbies!
Thanks!
Don
Oct 06, 2017, 03:29 PM
Curse you, Red Baron!
What about for those of us who don't have the option of text or long distance calling? I don't have a cell phone, I have a tablet, and the house phone is for emergency use only and doesn't have long distance service. I can't use the company phone for personal stuff, either.

All my communications are done via email/internet, in writing where necessary, through broadband at work or home, and mobile net access when I'm on the go. Or I'm speaking to you in person or maybe from my house phone if you're local.

The order I received last week Thursday 28 Sep 2017 did not have all what I ordered in it, but did have some wrong parts in it. I promptly filed a trouble ticket seeking an RMA. I filed another on 3 Oct 2017 since I had no response from the first. On 5 Oct 2017 I sent an email to help@ (per the website) and still no response. Three contact attempts on my part in a week is more than enough.

So I'm wondering, Alex: is my opening a dispute through PayPal enough to get your attention? Because that's what I've already done.

I do not want to hear about how you never received anything from me. If that's the case, your end is broken and you need to fix it.

So when you get to the PayPal dispute I already filed, we will be doing everything in writing. And not here.
Oct 06, 2017, 04:47 PM
You get more done if you bring the dispute directly with your CC. They will immediatley cancel payment, and all what you disputed will be in writing.

Quick Reply