Mar 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi, Edwards Rc do you need the Blitz or the FMS reprogramming directions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards Rc
Hello CSR,

I just received and built up my new SU25 EDF today.. before I power up this model, I checked to see about the ESC programming, but there were no instruction for this process.. If you could reference a web site, or just explain the process here,. it would be appreciated.Looking forward to getting in the air soon.

regards,

Edwards RC
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR
Hi, Edwards Rc do you need the Blitz or the FMS reprogramming directions?
Its your freewing model SU35..thanks
Mar 30, 2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Hi houstonderk, which plane are you referring to?
I have an order for parts from last month for items saying late march. bh18-206930

Mainly parts like the prop and backplate for the p51
Mar 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
1. Make sure you can have the aircraft held in place just in case the motor kicks and it wants to take off on you.
2. Make sure everything is Powered OFF. Transmitter Off and battery not plugged into the aircraft.
3. Have all trim settings in the middle position except for the vertical left tab, that should be at the lowest position.
4. Have the Throttle stick up at the highest position.
5. Power ON the Transmitter. (Controller)
6. Power ON the aircraft. (Plug in the Battery)
7. Pull the Throttle down then slowly back up.
The unit should start throttling up now, you can stop and throttle back down.
Unplug the battery from the aircraft and power down the Transmitter.
Start up the Transmitter and then the aircraft and you should be all set now.

Quote:
Its your freewing model SU35..thanks
Mar 30, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hi houstonderek, I was finally able to reach the manufacturer and unfortunately they have delayed the parts until Late April, would you like to wait for the parts or would you like me to cancel the order for you?

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk
I have an order for parts from last month for items saying late march. bh18-206930

Mainly parts like the prop and backplate for the p51
Mar 31, 2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Hi houstonderek, I was finally able to reach the manufacturer and unfortunately they have delayed the parts until Late April, would you like to wait for the parts or would you like me to cancel the order for you?

\
Cancel the order.... Not waiting 2-3 months for a prop. Thanks

Derek
Mar 31, 2012, 01:40 AM
Speaking of parts availability............alot of us here have the SU35.. I noticed that there is not parts listed like many of the LX models... for reference, does Banana Hobby have replacements for this airplane??

Thanks Ed for the help on the ESC as well..
Mar 31, 2012, 01:45 AM
Have you looked through the other planes? For instance the prop and backplate for the big doll p51 is listed in the dago red one and some other parts are listed in other planes....
Apr 01, 2012, 02:11 AM
Hi Guys...

I ordered a $390. FMS 1700mm P-51D Mustang a few weeks ago on Order Number: bh18-210902...

I received the plane and within 30 minutes of opening the box one of the main retractable landing gear caught fire and burned up as has happened to many other guys who have bought this plane...

After many attempts I was finally able to talk to a BH tech and he ordered a new replacement landing gear for me on 03-23-12 which also shows up on the same original Order Number: bh18-210902...

He sent me a confirmation email showing:

**Replacement Left STOCK 1 0.00
Retract for Item 2252-BJ 3.23.12

I have received no other info or anything telling me the replacement landing gear is in the mail... I've had this $390. plane for a couple weeks now and have still never been able to fly it with it's failed landing gear...

I've written 4 very nice and polite emails and left voice mail requests and not one email or call has been answered...

This was my very first purchase with Banana Hobby and I was hoping I would have a good experience... Please help me with this problem...

This is way too expensive a plane to have a failed retractable landing gear right out of the box and not hear anything about when it will be replaced...

Thank You
bnick
Apr 01, 2012, 02:56 AM
There is a pretty checkered past with BH on the customer support side of things, however in their defence, the only satisfaction I have seen has been by their customer support person that comes here on RC forums during the week..

So hopefully they will respond to you here and get you an answer... I can tell you that my personal experience has been worse with Nitro planes... Now that BH has moved to a bigger place and settled in, we all hope their support gets better, as many of us have alot of their airplanes and large investments like you do in your 51...

Good luck and keep the pressure on, we all will be watching for their responce..
Apr 01, 2012, 08:22 AM
The thing about it is that the customer service issues have been going on and on. And they always have some bogus excuse for the problems.

How hard is it to have someone there to answer the phones? Do they not have enough people to answer them?

Why is an online forum the place to get customer service? Sometimes they only reply once a week. So its ok to just leave the customers hanging.

Long time ago they said they were getting a new computer system and 22 new phone lines to better serve...lol yea like that worked..

Im just wondering why its so hard to find employees and get things in order, they have had about 3-4 years now...
Apr 01, 2012, 10:55 AM
Well I can't argue any of your points Bass man...I have not seen any improvements in CSR except here... Take note of all the modifications people do on all these models from BH and Nitro.... there is a reason and its the crappy quality of the chinese electrics installed on theese models. The best you can hope for "IF" you get help from A CSR is to get more crappy chinese parts...

I for one am looking for airframes and then add my owe higher quality parts to complete the model.. to include strenghtening the airframes with carbon rods or ribs first..

It's really not for us to worry "the WHY" they can't do this or that..its not our business to run.. If it were mine, this would be a top priority.. but its not.. I have no input, no control, just a customer, like you, that expects to get support... like anything we buy, and when we don't get support then we go somewhere else to get it, or buy it...

If this is your first time HERE asking for help from BH. give it this week to asee if they respond.. this is a big web site with a lot of members and the vendors know it..

were all watching to see..
Apr 01, 2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Well I can't argue any of your points Bass man...I have not seen any improvements in CSR except here... Take note of all the modifications people do on all these models from BH and Nitro.... there is a reason and its the crappy quality of the chinese electrics installed on theese models. The best you can hope for "IF" you get help from A CSR is to get more crappy chinese parts...

I for one am looking for airframes and then add my owe higher quality parts to complete the model.. to include strenghtening the airframes with carbon rods or ribs first..

It's really not for us to worry "the WHY" they can't do this or that..its not our business to run.. If it were mine, this would be a top priority.. but its not.. I have no input, no control, just a customer, like you, that expects to get support... like anything we buy, and when we don't get support then we go somewhere else to get it, or buy it...

If this is your first time HERE asking for help from BH. give it this week to asee if they respond.. this is a big web site with a lot of members and the vendors know it..

were all watching to see..
Good input you guys... We know it's not exactly what we want to hear but I will be watching to see if they even care to answer... $390. is a lot to pay for a plane to have a failed landing gear and not be able to get any response at all after many emails and voice messages... Having a new plane and not even be able to fly it is hard to swallow especially when it's your very first purchase with banana hobby... I really want to believe they are serious about improving their reputation...

Many guys are watching close to see how this will be resolved and have held off their purchases from banana hobby... I read of several just this week alone in the FMS 1700mm P-51D Mustang thread...

bnick
Apr 01, 2012, 05:17 PM
bnick2k8 – Sorry to read your problems with BH – join the swelling crowd.

Everything you need to know before dealing with this poor excuse for a business is summed up by the reply to steve1814's question - I'd like to order this, but would like to know if it is "in-stock". THEY REPLIED WITH AN ANSWER IN UNDER 12 HOURS!!!!!!
Now contrast this with the literally hundreds of posts (like yours) on the web, where customers cannot get a reply in WEEKS or MONTHS!!!!!

A typical rip-off merchant - eager to help before you buy and couldn't give a damn after you have bought it.

Their answering service is bad, their delivery is bad, their products often arrive with missing parts or broken, their after sales service is worse than bad - those parts will probably take months to arrive, and then will likely be the wrong ones. All the foregoing can be read post after post on this forum alone.

When I made a post recently, challenging BH to reply to disgruntled customers , within 24 hours they made 3 separate offers of help to 3 separate people on this forum who had previously been ignored like you. It's a pity they needed to be shamed into action. It seems they didn’t learn any lessons from that, did they.

I will continue shaming them until they stop treating my fellow flyers like dirt.

Every now and again a guy called Pete (who says he’s not the owner) comes on this forum to say he is sorry for the c**p service but he is about to sort things out. He never does and never will, unless the current management ALL go and they get someone to run the place like a proper business.

Do you hear this Pete - Owner?/ Chief excuse maker?/ Non- action manager?

Please, please – if they do FINALLY reply to you, PLEASE don’t anybody post saying their service is improving. It is not and wont be any time soon. Just read bass man’s post – that say’s it all. NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Note to BH- Prove me wrong for 6 straight months and not only will you be doing your customers a favour but your business income should increase. A No Brainer.
Apr 02, 2012, 01:07 PM
Hi Derek, I have canceled the order and submitted a request for a refund, please allow 1-3 business days for the funds to post back to your paypal account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk
Cancel the order.... Not waiting 2-3 months for a prop. Thanks

Derek

Quick Reply