Sep 12, 2003, 07:46 PM
Thread OP

Re: RX Xtals

Hello, I have a quick question. I bought a few Hitec Xtals from a guy and really dont understand what the numbers and letters mean on them......the first is a brand new in the package ch 19: 72.170 RF the second is a new no package ch18: 72.150RA
I would like to know the diffrence between the RF and the RA ? Is there a web page or a list that tells what the letters mean and what use the xtals are for? Thanks Tim
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2003, 10:22 AM
Right Honorable Member
What color are the tags?
Sep 13, 2003, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
The color of the channel 19 is purple or light blue......the color of the channel 18 is green........what is the diffrence of the RF and RA ? is the channel 18 an AM xtal? what do the colors mean ?
Sep 13, 2003, 11:22 AM
Green is AM blue is FM.
Sep 13, 2003, 11:26 AM
Right Honorable Member
Green is NOT AM.

Green is single conversion. Blue is dual conversion.

If you look on the Hitec page, you will see that the single conv AM and FM crystals have exactly the same part number.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Accesories/CrystalChart.htm
Sep 13, 2003, 11:29 AM
Thread OP
ok so can I use a single conversion xtal in my plane? what is the diffrence? will it affect anything?
Sep 13, 2003, 11:38 AM
Right Honorable Member
What is the exact Hitec model # of your receiver?

If you look back at the Hitec chart, It indicated what receivers need what crystals
Sep 13, 2003, 11:42 AM
Thread OP
GREAT I got the wrong one.....I planned to use it in a Hitec 555 receiver but the chart says the green one I have is for feather receiver and small park flyers......grrrr I hate getting burned. I guess I will head out to the garage and un plug the plane and radio as I wont be flying today. Servo city has duel for the same price I paid for this one.....I guess I will have to post it for sale or see if someone wants to trade for it. Thanks for your help Tim
Sep 13, 2003, 12:05 PM
Right Honorable Member
Yes, 555 takes blue crystals
Sep 13, 2003, 07:50 PM
Thread OP
OK so where do I post this xtal? is there a special forum to trade it or sell it outright? Thanks for all your help

Quick Reply