Thread Tools
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:41 PM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Build Log

Genius FP - Xieda GW 9958 mod


Hi,

my last version of the "Walkerized" 9958 project. Can I call it the Genius FP?.

- Walkera RX2605A - Full 2801 TX programming options.
- 2 HK Digital micro servos (1.7g).
- Xtreme parts (head and blades).
- mSR flybar.
- Nano-tech batteries.

Good and resistant trainer for Walkera fans.
Last edited by quique65; Oct 25, 2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Last update
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 12:26 AM
helimaniac8 is offline
Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Registered User
Questions questions questions, what was it originally, fp single rotor? What was the original swashplate? Looks like an interesting project I just don't know what you started with
Old Sep 08, 2011, 02:28 AM
Brosol is offline
Find More Posts by Brosol
Brosol
Brosol's Avatar
Nice! I wanted to try out a similar 9958 mod using Solo Pro or Bravo SX Rx but I found 9958 parts such as rotor blades linkage balls & rotor head to be brittle & easy to break from crashes.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:27 AM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
Questions questions questions, what was it originally, fp single rotor? What was the original swashplate? Looks like an interesting project I just don't know what you started with
Hello,
it's a GW Xieda 9958. Follow the links at "Similar Threads" and you will find a lot of information about this heli.

One note about the HK mini servos. You should swap the ground and signal wires in order to connect it to the Walkera RX's.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:33 AM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Nice! I wanted to try out a similar 9958 mod using Solo Pro or Bravo SX Rx but I found 9958 parts such as rotor blades linkage balls & rotor head to be brittle & easy to break from crashes.
Hi,
I've found it quite crash resistant (36g with battery).
Old Sep 09, 2011, 07:10 PM
FreakFlow is offline
Find More Posts by FreakFlow
MicroHeliPilot III
FreakFlow's Avatar
What is that silver box between the two servos? Would those servos plug into the tiny ar6110 Spektrum RX? this might be fun to make my 9958 bind to my DX6i you use stock battery holder?

what gyro are you using if any? esc for the motor?
Old Sep 09, 2011, 08:13 PM
Daryoon is online now
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
Nice job.

Could you elaborate on how it flies? I know you said it's more responsive ...but I is it "fun" or "funny" ?

Also, could you link to the servos you used?

Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:15 AM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakFlow View Post
What is that silver box between the two servos? Would those servos plug into the tiny ar6110 Spektrum RX? this might be fun to make my 9958 bind to my DX6i you use stock battery holder?

what gyro are you using if any? esc for the motor?
Hello,
it's the support for the servos and the RX. I've made it using the metalic plate of a 3 1/2 floppy disk.

The gyro and the connectors for the motors (brushed main and tail) are on the Walkera RX. To use the DX6i I think that your only option is the Blade MSR receiver.

Yes, is the stock battery holder.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:17 AM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Nice job.

Could you elaborate on how it flies? I know you said it's more responsive ...but I is it "fun" or "funny" ?

Also, could you link to the servos you used?

Thanks.
Hi,
I want to say funny. I will upload a video when I have time to do it.

This is the link for the servos:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...c_0_075kg.html
Old Sep 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
Daryoon is online now
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
Thanks quique65.

Any more news or info on how this thing flies? Did outfitting the 9958 with new electronics fix its' tendency to slide during bank turns?

Did you get a chance to record a video?

Saw that it's about 36g with battery after the mod.

Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:27 PM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Thanks quique65.

Any more news or info on how this thing flies? Did outfitting the 9958 with new electronics fix its' tendency to slide during bank turns?

Did you get a chance to record a video?

Saw that it's about 36g with battery after the mod.

Thanks!
Hello,
I've updated the thread. I'm searching how to upload a video...
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:55 PM
Daryoon is online now
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
Thank you for the update. Can't wait to see the video.

I assume the RX2605A has a gyro built in?
Old Oct 01, 2011, 06:17 AM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Thank you for the update. Can't wait to see the video.

I assume the RX2605A has a gyro built in?
Hello,

the small video is in the video gallery.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1515060

Yes, the 2605A is a six channel rx with gyro. It's the original rx of the Walkera 4G3.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 12:57 AM
Daryoon is online now
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
Thanks for that. When you can, I'd love to see some fast forward flight with banked turns.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 07:26 AM
quique65 is offline
Find More Posts by quique65
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Thanks for that. When you can, I'd love to see some fast forward flight with banked turns.
Hi,

sorry but I'm a beginner flying at home. FFF it's too much for me and for my available flying field as you can see in the video. I have two Walkera helis (CB100 and V120D02) and I've made this mod to continue learning using the Walkera TX but with less breakage. I hope to shoot that video one day...

In my opinion, the pros of this conversion are (if you have a Walkera 2801 TX):
- similar weight
- better servos, more possibilities of reglage
- RX fully programable with pots for mixing (tail motor speed) and servo travel adjust
- Pro TX: access to subtrim, servo travel, curves, dual rates, expo and gyro sens

From my beginner point of view (hovering, basic movements) the heli is more reactive to the sticks and more controlable.

Regards.
Last edited by quique65; Oct 02, 2011 at 08:37 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product GW Xieda 9958 Frank_fjs Micro Helis 7501 Oct 18, 2016 09:39 AM
Mini-Review GW Xieda 9958 - Review Frank_fjs Micro Helis 10 Nov 24, 2011 10:38 AM
Discussion GW Xieda 9958 TX, Use Another BNF? MrC4FF Micro Helis 4 Aug 24, 2011 02:21 AM
GW Extra 330 and Yak Foam Fly by gw-ezone part 2 Martin Hunter 3D Flying 293 Nov 18, 2006 06:27 PM
New receivers GW/R-4PII and GW/R-6NII sheerLuck Radios 0 Oct 22, 2003 06:06 PM