Jul 06, 2001, 03:00 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP

On E-Zone when I should be working?

I'm amazed at how much discussion and activity goes on here on E-zone during regular business hours.

How many of you are checking out E-zone discussions, ads, articles, etc., while you are at work and should be doing something else? (Like me, right now.)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2001, 03:05 PM
Every chance I get, I do that (about every half hour)
Jul 06, 2001, 03:05 PM
Some days I work at my PC all day, others I may be away from it all day. I check frequently when I am on my PC and not-so-frequently when I am away. Yes, I do find myself browsing through all the latest from time to time when I have better to do.

Jim - If you are reading this thread - can you install a "Boss Key" feature?

Steve
Jul 06, 2001, 03:11 PM
About every half hour as well.

Mike
Jul 06, 2001, 04:27 PM
I'll chime in with the "way too frequently" crowd. Hope my boss isn't reading..
Jul 06, 2001, 04:27 PM
BEC
BEC
Guilty as charged. This is my third look today.
Latest blog entry: Back to full capacity
Jul 06, 2001, 04:50 PM
GUILTY!
I killed Nicole.
Jul 06, 2001, 05:01 PM
characters welcome!
Phooey! I plead the 5th...

mw
Jul 06, 2001, 05:03 PM
Being retired, I'm always at work.....so, guilty, I guess. Tex.
Jul 06, 2001, 05:13 PM
I was fired because of this obsession. But I was glad that job sucked. For everybody always check the history and wipe out all cockies.
Jul 06, 2001, 06:16 PM
Last co. I worked for got bought out, and the first day the new owners had it, they fired 22 people for misuse of the pc.I would have been guilty as well but I was gone the day it was bought, along with the rest of the management.
Be careful, most companies have a strict policy maybe they don't enforce it, but they can.

Sligh
Jul 06, 2001, 08:50 PM
Part of my job is to gather data off of the internet, so I do spend a fair amount of time online at the office. Since I'm a brown bagger and eat lunch at my desk, I usually take that time to visit the E Zone. The company I work for is pretty reasonable about a little personal surfing at lunchtime as long as the sites are non-controversial.
Jul 06, 2001, 09:17 PM
Being an old guy who has gone back to college they gave me a part time job. I'm on the zone quite a bit while at work when I'm on break or lunch of course. God Bless America!!
Don
Jul 06, 2001, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by modest-master:
I was fired because of this obsession. But I was glad that job sucked. For everybody always check the history and wipe out all cockies.
For most decent sized companies this isn't that helpful since they will have a firewall/proxy that can monitor all the web traffic if needed anyways.

Jul 07, 2001, 01:04 AM
Balsa Builder
I check Ezone, and my email, during lunch while my boss goes to eat lunch (small hobby company so we try to have somebody there all the time) But most of my time here is spent in the evening like most people.

Quick Reply