This thread is privately moderated by mopar_man, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 06, 2011, 10:43 PM
Terry Dunn
Thread OP
Yippee!

Awesome visit to the New England Air Museum today!

I flew in to Hartford, CT today for a business trip. Before leaving Houston, several folks told me that I should visit the New England Air Museum that is located not far from the passenger terminal. Boy am I glad that I heeded their advice.

I arrived at about 1:30pm and pretty much had the whole place to myself. Lots of cool airplanes and artifacts here. After a while, I made my way to the B-29 hangar where one of the volunteers asked if I'd like to get up on the balcony for a better camera angle. "Uhh, sure".

The next thing you know, "Tom the volunteer" became my personal NEAM guide and we spent another 2 hours roaming the place. Thanks to his guidance, I was able to see and do way more than I ever expected. I think I can safely say that this was my best airplane museum visit...ever. Thanks Tom!

If you're ever anywhere hear Hartford, check out NEAM. It's a great museum...even if you dont have Tom showing you around.

Terry
Last edited by mopar_man; Sep 24, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2011, 01:27 AM
Grumpa Tom
Awesome photos, and what a great museum!

Is the plane a DC3?
Sep 07, 2011, 06:28 AM
Terry Dunn
Thread OP
Thanks.
DC-3 is correct! Nicely done.
Sep 07, 2011, 08:29 AM
Matt Mabry
Great photos!
I think NEAM just moved to the top of my short list.

Thanks
Matt
Sep 07, 2011, 10:21 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
I knew it was a DC-3/C-47. What is the prize for 2nd place?

Nice pics Terry! Looked like fun. You lucky dog.

-Lee

PS - What did you bring home??
Sep 07, 2011, 11:26 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
I live about 15 miles from the NEAM, and must shamefully admit I went for a visit for the first time several months ago. It really is worth the visit and price of admission if you are in the area. I'll add a few more pictures of some of the other planes, etc. they have on hand.

Mark
Sep 07, 2011, 11:45 PM
Terry Dunn
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr
What is the prize for 2nd place?
My undying respect and gratitude

Quote:
Nice pics Terry! Looked like fun. You lucky dog.
Thanks...still getting used to the new D3100 and all that tiny lightweight plastic. And yes I was very lucky. I must be living right.

Quote:
PS - What did you bring home??
You sound like my kids...gah.
I'm still planning for Rhinebeck this weekend...weather permitting.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm rather impressed with the response to my 1st blog post. I'm still not sure how most of y'all knew it was even here.

Terry
Sep 08, 2011, 08:08 AM
the Ford man
Great pics thanks for posting them!!

ford f47

Quick Reply