Sep 06, 2011, 04:19 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Thread OP
Question

what plane should i get to perpare for the umx beast?

i have the t-28 and the corsair and im going to get a dx6i when i get my dx6i and i can do every thing on the corsair and the t-28 what should be my inbetween plane before the beast to perpare i only want to buy one more um before i get the beast im asking what should that next um be?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2011, 05:39 PM
Flyin Acehole
Just go for it! Seems like ur ready. Use dual rates and expo, shoot i went from a t28 to the stryker um without any problems....hope you have the faith....i think ur ready imo...best of luck!!!! Also just take it slow for a while and get used to the power differnce. Its such a blast....actually i just got an edf and i havent maiden it yet ....so im there with ya. Hahahha im sure my knees will be a knockin. Hahahahah
Sep 06, 2011, 06:35 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
Just go for it! Seems like ur ready. Use dual rates and expo, shoot i went from a t28 to the stryker um without any problems....hope you have the faith....i think ur ready imo...best of luck!!!! Also just take it slow for a while and get used to the power differnce. Its such a blast....actually i just got an edf and i havent maiden it yet ....so im there with ya. Hahahha im sure my knees will be a knockin. Hahahahah
Ok haha yea i will take it slow till i get used to it and thanks i will just go for it im not gonna do any tricks for at least 5 days of fly im going to be so temped lol
Sep 06, 2011, 06:52 PM
I started with Helis and Phoenix SIM. Ultra Micros were attractive to me since I can fly in a small space so I bought a Corsair. I've replaced the wing on that a few times and it still flies. I went from Corsair to Beast. I've replaced the wings (upper/lower) on the Beast as well as the prop. Ive probably flown it about 20 times and I still fly in low rate.
Sep 06, 2011, 07:34 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Thread OP
Ok well i you have to be able to do evey trick i put as much throw on my arilons on my corsair
Sep 06, 2011, 07:35 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Thread OP
O and i can hover my corsair for about 2 or 3 seconds it pretty cool
Sep 09, 2011, 11:00 AM
i went from flying a 3ch parkflyer which i crashed to pieces on the miaden flight to flying the beast, just set your duel rates and expo, maybe some sim time and go for it, 11 flights in and i got it set in 100/40 now and aerobatics are coming along nicely, everyones different, i picked it up easy, you'll love the dx6i, that was my first serious transmitter, granted i crashed it first flight, but nothing a bit of glue didnt fix, just make sure no wind, and they are a bit flimsy meaning that when they crash something always breaks, i lost my wheel mid flight and are unknown where they are, now i just have buttons on my wheels just to assist landing and hand launch it every time
Sep 09, 2011, 01:31 PM
3d addict
Yeah if you have gotten good with your T-28 then you should be ready to tame a Beast. Just go easy and keep it high so when ya make a mistake you have time to recover before it smacks into the ground.
Sep 09, 2011, 02:35 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien
Yeah if you have gotten good with your T-28 then you should be ready to tame a Beast. Just go easy and keep it high so when ya make a mistake you have time to recover before it smacks into the ground.
yea ok thanks guys was good at my corsair until i was doing a manouver and bug bit my arm i looked down and look back up smack nose first into the ground broke the wing off just cuz of the g forces it had i went full speed into the ground and now i need all new foam parts and a long throw servo landing gear and prop thats 75$ and i got the corair brand new for 80$ so im just gonna save my money for the beast and dx6i and im waiting for my t-28 fusalog im going to put the 8.5mm corless brushed moter from the corsair in my t-28 and then try to put floats on and lights and i have a 4 blade prop for it also. and also i have a long throw servo from the corsair that im goingto put in the t-28 for arilons.
Sep 09, 2011, 02:47 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie
yea ok thanks guys was good at my corsair until i was doing a manouver and bug bit my arm i looked down and look back up smack nose first into the ground broke the wing off just cuz of the g forces it had i went full speed into the ground and now i need all new foam parts and a long throw servo landing gear and prop thats 75$ and i got the corair brand new for 80$ so im just gonna save my money for the beast and dx6i and im waiting for my t-28 fusalog im going to put the 8.5mm corless brushed moter from the corsair in my t-28 and then try to put floats on and lights and i have a 4 blade prop for it also. and also i have a long throw servo from the corsair that im goingto put in the t-28 for arilons.
shoot nvm i had my servo sitting in rice for 2 days now and it started working again i was about to throw it out so there is gonna be no long throw servo in the t-28 but that would be cool
Sep 09, 2011, 11:55 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Thread OP
sorry dident mean to post on this tread

Quick Reply