Thread Tools
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
godofthunder77 is offline
Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Registered User
godofthunder77's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
My most anticipated 1700 yet arrives today, complete with Benedini sound thanks to GodofThunder! I cannot wait! And yes Brandon, the pilot arrived safe and sound...You did a fantastic job! Thank you again! Photos soon...
I sure hope UPS treated it nicely
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:21 PM
kydawg1 is offline
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
kydawg1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
My most anticipated 1700 yet arrives today, complete with Benedini sound thanks to GodofThunder! I cannot wait! And yes Brandon, the pilot arrived safe and sound...You did a fantastic job! Thank you again! Photos soon...
Can't wait to hear/see - picts/vids of your new bird "LOADED".
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:52 PM
Aros.MotionRC is online now
Find More Posts by Aros.MotionRC
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
I sure hope UPS treated it nicely
ME TOO!!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:05 PM
brandonmoon is online now
Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
removed
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 12, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:38 PM
BRAND X is offline
Find More Posts by BRAND X
Name brands compare me...Why?
BRAND X's Avatar
Show us! Tell us!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:46 PM
cmk-2 is offline
Find More Posts by cmk-2
Registered User
BM Great response to what seems to me as a rude post.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:34 PM
Aros.MotionRC is online now
Find More Posts by Aros.MotionRC
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Sorry for the quick post but it's been a long day. I finally had the chance to unbox her just a bit ago. Our UPS guy delivers late in the day in our neighborhood so I didn't get a chance to unpack until I got back from dinner...

Brandon's awesome paint job for the Tuskegee pilot just looks terrific. Here's some cell phone pics (I'll take better day shots when she's all put together and the weather improves...Friday)...

I work tomorrow so I won't be able to get to her to build until tomorrow night. In the meantime, I quickly plugged the battery in to hear the Benedini...

HOLY CRAP!!

I don't have the throttle points adjusted yet so as soon as I plugged it in she started right up. I think my cat lost three lives! LOL! Sounds so sweet!! I can't wait to fine tune the throttle points and get her outside and taxi with that sweet Merlin Music. Thanks again GodOfThunder77!!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:45 PM
brandonmoon is online now
Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
looks good and I know Brian did an awsome job on the Benedini mod.
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:11 PM
Weed89 is offline
Find More Posts by Weed89
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Brandon Moon did a much nicer job on the Tuskegee pilot's face then I did that's for sure.!!
Hey..he's not airsick anymore ...Looks great..and glad you scared the cat
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:40 PM
Aros.MotionRC is online now
Find More Posts by Aros.MotionRC
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Hey guys, I have her all put together for the most part. There was a couple quality control issues (the spinner and backplate came in yellow, not red, and the stock pilot was loose and lots of black flecks from the cockpit paint came loose and created smudges on the canopy...Not all of it came off with Windex), but what is bugging me the most is this gap between the backplate and the front of the nose where the motor is. It looks like it's bent downward. But when I rotate or throttle up, the backplate and spinner does not wobble.

Is this gap normal? I don't think so. It's worth noting I'm using an old backplate and spinner from one of my 1700 Mustangs from last year. I compared size to the ones that came with this plane and they were the same size.

Confused?

PS...The Benedini sounds AWESOME! Especially at the idle setting. When I throttle beyond that into the higher RPMs it seems to switch to a different quality and level/frequency. Still cool but I think it needs to be tweaked or something. Brandon may know what I am referring to.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:06 PM
brandonmoon is online now
Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Hey guys, I have her all put together for the most part. There was a couple quality control issues (the spinner and backplate came in yellow, not red, and the stock pilot was loose and lots of black flecks from the cockpit paint came loose and created smudges on the canopy...Not all of it came off with Windex), but what is bugging me the most is this gap between the backplate and the front of the nose where the motor is. It looks like it's bent downward. But when I rotate or throttle up, the backplate and spinner does not wobble.

Is this gap normal? I don't think so. It's worth noting I'm using an old backplate and spinner from one of my 1700 Mustangs from last year. I compared size to the ones that came with this plane and they were the same size.

Confused?

PS...The Benedini sounds AWESOME! Especially at the idle setting. When I throttle beyond that into the higher RPMs it seems to switch to a different quality and level/frequency. Still cool but I think it needs to be tweaked or something. Brandon may know what I am referring to.
Yes I do, and Brian does too, both him and I talked about this a while back when he did his origionaly. there is something you can do and try, but like I said earlier you need the programing dongle and software and ability to get it next to your computer or a laptop. It's a bit involved, and complicated, but nothing you can't handle and is in the instructions I sent you Call me on friday...I'm off all day
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:11 AM
Aros.MotionRC is online now
Find More Posts by Aros.MotionRC
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Thanks Brandon...Nothing I can't handle, eh? Man, you have too much faith in me.

For the maiden on Friday, I'm going to keep it as is...When I have the patience and time, I will dig into it with your kind assistance. Thanks buddy.

As for the gap between the nose and the backplate, I put the backplate on that it shipped with and it has the same gap. Closer inspection shows that the entire motor and shaft is out further than it should be. It's like the firewall moved a quarter inch out from older versions, or maybe they have doubled up on the motor mount? I'll have to take a look. That still doesn't explain the down angle though. Maybe they have extra washers on the top of the mount?

I'll dig into it tomorrow night.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:11 AM
dambit is online now
Find More Posts by dambit
Most people are stupid!
dambit's Avatar
Or maybe you just got one with a dud mount. Hope it's an easy fix.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:29 AM
godofthunder77 is offline
Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Registered User
godofthunder77's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Yes I do, and Brian does too, both him and I talked about this a while back when he did his origionaly. there is something you can do and try, but like I said earlier you need the programing dongle and software and ability to get it next to your computer or a laptop. It's a bit involved, and complicated, but nothing you can't handle and is in the instructions I sent you Call me on friday...I'm off all day
The throttle up is normal Todd. That is the motor moving from idle to more of a accelerating sound. That is the spitfire sound. Like Brandon said, it's a little more involved but you would need the USB program cable to change the sound to a different level. I knocked the level down from 255 to 175. To where the highend doesn't sound so high pitched. 255 sounds weird. My goal was to make sound more like an engine at high speed. Not a turbo prop at high speed. That's messed up on the spinner and firewall.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:30 AM
godofthunder77 is offline
Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Registered User
godofthunder77's Avatar
Get her in the air and it will sound better trust me


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Sep 14, 2011 03:55 PM
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 04, 2011 02:41 PM
Sold FMS/Airfield P-51 Mustang V6 - Newest Version w/ tail retract, nav lights, more: BNF Roswalt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 May 25, 2011 12:08 PM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 10:38 PM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 10:07 PM