New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:10 PM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
LOL you guys are really good at confusing me ... So the best, easiest, and simplest way to do is wiring thing is to just remove the red wire from the ESC to the RX?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:18 PM
dmyers0403 is offline
Find More Posts by dmyers0403
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
LOL you guys are really good at confusing me ... So the best, easiest, and simplest way to do is wiring thing is to just remove the red wire from the ESC to the RX?
Yes, as the other guys said. I was incorrect. Just now clipped my red wire from ESC but did so using an extension lead, again as one of the guys diagramed.
I have flown mine unclipped but was probably lucky to get by with it.
FMS ESC manual clearly shows to clip red wire unless you have a OPTO ESC which we do not.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:55 PM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Ohhhh. So I should attach a servo extention to the motor and clip the EXTENTIONS red wire? So the red wire can stay in the motor's wire to the RX?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:59 AM
Austang is offline
Find More Posts by Austang
Been There, Crashed That!
Austang's Avatar
I wouldnt clip it anyway, just pull it from the plug and tape it back.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:35 AM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Ok thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mikey 68 is online now
Find More Posts by Mikey 68
Registered User
Thought I share this pic from Flying Heritage Collection
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:57 PM
DavidHarrison is offline
Find More Posts by DavidHarrison
Sound System Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
I'm actually putting a "Real sound" sound module from Model sounds inc. in my next one. the quality of the sound puts the Benedini to shame
Just a correction, We do not use the brand name "Real Sound". Our sound module is marketed as the ShockWave sound module. A "Real Sound" system was described briefly on YouTube but has never made it to the market place as you cannot find any web site for it.

We also publish a competitive comparison showing the differences between our system and the Bendini system here :

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/competitve_comparison.htm

Regards,
David Harrison
CEO
Model Sounds Inc.
www.modelsoundsinc.com
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
cmk-2 is offline
Find More Posts by cmk-2
Registered User
Wow! is that a true FW-190 or a repo?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:07 PM
Weed89 is offline
Find More Posts by Weed89
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHarrison View Post
Just a correction, We do not use the brand name "Real Sound". Our sound module is marketed as the ShockWave sound module. A "Real Sound" system was described briefly on YouTube but has never made it to the market place as you cannot find any web site for it.

We also publish a competitive comparison showing the differences between our system and the Bendini system here :

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/competitve_comparison.htm

Regards,
David Harrison
CEO
Model Sounds Inc.
www.modelsoundsinc.com
I love the ability to download different set ups/sounds for your "Shockwave sound card"....but sure wish your site let me play demos of the sounds...not the youtube video clips.

is there a way I can download the sound files <.sfx5 or .sfx7 > and play them back on my PC? so I can hear what they sound like?

Also, Is there any chance you will make a smaller version? right now seems the smaller version is still a 5s lippo...any chance a 3s version for aircraft will ever be made? for those slightly smaller planes that run 3s lippos.

Again Thanks in advance...a VERY cool looking system you have, Pat
Last edited by Weed89; Dec 27, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Weed89 is offline
Find More Posts by Weed89
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Thought I share this pic from Flying Heritage Collection
they are nice....but anyone can tell they are styrofoam models..not quite as detailed as FMS versions

Lol....very nice warbird collection...would love to hear them all fired up at once.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
DavidHarrison is offline
Find More Posts by DavidHarrison
Sound System Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
I love the ability to download different set ups/sounds for your "Shockwave sound card"....but sure wish your site let me play demos of the sounds...not the youtube video clips.

is there a way I can download the sound files <.sfx5 or .sfx7 > and play them back on my PC? so I can hear what they sound like?
Thanks Pat
Yes there is - you can download and install the SFXPC4.0.7 Windows program installer. Then you can open any .sfx7 file in that program and hear the various sounds.

Download the SFXPC4.0.7 Windows program installer from here :

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/downlo...7Setup.exe.zip

You download the ZIPPED .sfx7 files from here :

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/soundclips_planes.htm

Given our ShockWave sound module contains its own on-board 40Watt power amp., I don't think there is much chance of it getting much smaller physically. If the 3S battery is the issue, then simply add a 1S LiPo in series with it to give a 4S combo battery for the sound module - it will run nicely on a 4S.

Regards,
David Harrison
CEO
Model Sounds Inc.
www.modelsoundsinc.com
Last edited by DavidHarrison; Dec 27, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:49 PM
DavidHarrison is offline
Find More Posts by DavidHarrison
Sound System Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
...
Also, Is there any chance you will make a smaller version? right now seems the smaller version is still a 5s lippo...any chance a 3s version for aircraft will ever be made? for those slightly smaller planes that run 3s lippos.

Again Thanks in advance...a VERY cool looking system you have, Pat
The issue with putting sound systems in smaller planes is the size and weight of the loudspeaker, not the electronics. There are some people who build a sound system around 2" speakers but these tiny speakers give well - "tinny" sound -you simply can't get a quart out of a pint pot. We have also published a comparison between 4inch and 2 inch speakers here :

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/loudspeaker_sizes.htm

Regards,
David Harrison
Model Sounds Inc.
www.modelsoundsinc.com
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:03 PM
brandonmoon is offline
Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHarrison View Post
Just a correction, We do not use the brand name "Real Sound". Our sound module is marketed as the ShockWave sound module. A "Real Sound" system was described briefly on YouTube but has never made it to the market place as you cannot find any web site for it.

We also publish a competitive comparison showing the differences between our system and the Bendini system here :

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/competitve_comparison.htm

Regards,
David Harrison
CEO
Model Sounds Inc.
www.modelsoundsinc.com
Thanks for pointing that out David, I also made corrections to my earlier post on that as well for better clarification....I love the shock wave module and loking to get another Thanks for the help
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:15 PM
Kev71H is offline
Find More Posts by Kev71H
Registered User
Kev71H's Avatar
Question for you 1700mm mustang owners.....When I put my flaps down the bottom "vent" closes, when I put my flaps "up" the bottom vent OPENS..... is this correct??? If not, how do I change it?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:19 PM
dambit is offline
Find More Posts by dambit
Most people are stupid!
dambit's Avatar
Yes it is correct.

...well sort of


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Sep 14, 2011 03:55 PM
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 04, 2011 02:41 PM
Sold FMS/Airfield P-51 Mustang V6 - Newest Version w/ tail retract, nav lights, more: BNF Roswalt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 May 25, 2011 12:08 PM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 10:38 PM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 10:07 PM