Thread Tools
Oct 18, 2012, 03:02 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Holy cow!!!!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 04:07 AM
Registered User
Aaron Wallace's Avatar
Wow! That is a cool sound!

Aaron
Oct 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
Registered User
Mitchie's Avatar
Very cool. I was wondering if that was stock.....guess not I was getting an itchy mouse finger
Oct 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
Registered User

New Red tail


I received a new red tail from BH today and right out of the box the tail retract and one of the main gear retracts are dead. I connected each one directly to the receiver as a test and they are dead. The pilot came unglued and was bouncing around in the cockpit, looks like I drew the short straw on this one. I contacted BH and now I have to wait and see what they do about it.

Found the issue with the tail retract, the servo connection pulled out back at the retract and I could not see it until I forced open the retract doors
Last edited by glegee; Oct 19, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Oct 19, 2012, 03:28 PM
Name brands compare me...Why?
BRAND X's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by glegee
I received a new red tail from BH today and right out of the box the tail retract and one of the main gear retracts are dead. I connected each one directly to the receiver as a test and they are dead. The pilot came unglued and was bouncing around in the cockpit, looks like I drew the short straw on this one. I contacted BH and now I have to wait and see what they do about it.

Found the issue with the tail retract, the servo connection pulled out back at the retract and I could not see it until I forced open the retract doors
I had the exact same problems...They gave me some money back on my card.
Seems the glue on the pilots suck!
Oct 19, 2012, 03:41 PM
Name brands compare me...Why?
BRAND X's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
Well now than I'm finished with V8's pilot I finally had some time to work on my cockpit for my new "Obsession" Mustang. Inspired by BrandX and the Outstanding work he did with his... I Had to follow in his footsteps.

Here are pictures of the re-done cockpit. The inside surface is 1/64 styrene so that the sun won't turn the EPO to lizard bumps, and the railing is Styrene I-Beams. The rest is gadgets, gizmos, and wire found in my "Stuff"
Thanks for the tip of the hat Brandon. That looks fantastic! Been working 12-14 hour days the last 2 weeks and I just finished mine. Thanks again for the pilot. Gotta love that "stuff".
Last edited by BRAND X; Oct 19, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Oct 19, 2012, 10:59 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAND X
Thanks for the tip of the hat Brandon. That looks fantastic! Been working 12-14 hour days the last 2 weeks and I just finished mine. Thanks again for the pilot. Gotta love that "stuff".
You're welcome, You inspired me with your creativeness and gave me new ideas ..... Another reason I love the forums here
Oct 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
I now have the Benedini Sound system on this bird.

Currently only 2 x (3 inch speakers on the bottom) (one in the chin and one in the scoop, but will be adding two other 2 inch speakers later on both sides of the cowl behind the exhaust stacks later when they arrive)

Sounds AWSOME!!!!
Oct 20, 2012, 01:02 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Aaaaaccccckkk!!! I want Benedini so bad!!!

Lucky man!
Oct 20, 2012, 01:03 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
(PS...Good Lord that's a beauty!)
Oct 20, 2012, 01:19 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
Aaaaaccccckkk!!! I want Benedini so bad!!!

Lucky man!

LOL..I'm also installing one in the P-47 and V7 1400mm BBD Mustang as we speak...same as "GOT".... been working on it for a few days

Working on different grill protective cover layouts now to get the best hidden and disguised exposure
Oct 20, 2012, 01:25 AM
Registered User
Aaron Wallace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAND X
I had the exact same problems...They gave me some money back on my card.
Seems the glue on the pilots suck!
Wow. When I went to remove the stock pilot from my FF I thought that I was going to destroy the cockpit trying to get him out! He had glue on his back to the seat back with two screws and glue and two more screws on his posterior to the seat bottom! I had to use an exacto knife to cut a hole in his back to get to the screws there and then cut his torso open to get to the screws on the seat bottom and then pull him out with pliers!! I really did think that I was going to damage the plane. I think that the pilot needs to be replaced anyway because it is the wrong scale, so if the stock one is loose that is an advantage. And a perfect opportunity to get one of Brandon's excellent pilots!

AAron
Oct 20, 2012, 01:35 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Thanks for the sales pitch Aaron. I'm glad every one realy likes the ones I've done for them
Oct 20, 2012, 01:47 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace
Wow. When I went to remove the stock pilot from my FF I thought that I was going to destroy the cockpit trying to get him out! He had glue on his back to the seat back with two screws and glue and two more screws on his posterior to the seat bottom! I had to use an exacto knife to cut a hole in his back to get to the screws there and then cut his torso open to get to the screws on the seat bottom and then pull him out with pliers!! I really did think that I was going to damage the plane. I think that the pilot needs to be replaced anyway because it is the wrong scale, so if the stock one is loose that is an advantage. And a perfect opportunity to get one of Brandon's excellent pilots!

AAron
Amen!! I agree with the stock pilots...Same experience here too! Shocked to hear stock pilots bouncing around!
Oct 20, 2012, 01:58 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Yeah, when I recieved my red-tails bird and the last FF Mustang both pilots were loose and rolling around in the cockpit....I relaced them any way


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Sep 14, 2011 02:55 PM
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 04, 2011 01:41 PM
Sold FMS/Airfield P-51 Mustang V6 - Newest Version w/ tail retract, nav lights, more: BNF Roswalt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 May 25, 2011 11:08 AM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 09:38 PM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 09:07 PM