Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by Yort69
Suggestion

Triple jeopardy ? How to appeal ?

I received 3 points for 1 post and 3 more for another so that's 6 points total for 2 infractions. Each point given for the same post has the same warning. SO basically i got 3 points at 3 separate times for the same posts and this happened with 2 different posts i made. Could someone tell me why or how i got 3 points for the same single infraction Also how would i appeal this if i can only appeal one at a time when i have 3 points and 3 different warnings for the same post when i should only have 1 point for that post?
Man, what a mess.....Could somebody help me here on how to appeal this or at least explain what happened so i don't feel so ripped off ? After all, this mess started with one point and after coming in here for help i ended up with 14 points . That's fair i guess Not trying to stir the pot or (boost my post count) as i was accused of doing and which i don't understand that either as i go weeks sometimes without posting at all?? I have no idea what my post count has to do with anything. HELP !
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Quote:
Could someone tell me why or how i got 3 points for the same single infraction
Did you repost the post you were warned for? If so the moderator would have warned the other post/posts as well. Don't repost things that you were warned for.

Quote:
Also how would i appeal this if i can only appeal one at a time when i have 3 points and 3 different warnings for the same post when i should only have 1 point for that post?
You could request an appeal in this thread. You can only appeal one post at a time. Please provide a direct link to the warned post. Do not repost the post here.
Administrator
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:40 AM
No i never went back and repost anything. I did get multiple points for my complaint/Appeal that i posted in here but i posted the same message in each appeal because i thought i had to do all 6 individually as you had told me to do. I posted all 6 appeals at the same time before i was ever warned and given a point for any of them. I even edited them down as you were pointing out to me the possible infractions in them but i wound up getting slammed anyway. I also didn't know i wasn't supposed to copy and paste the warning in the appeals i made and received points for that as well. Not saying its anybody's fault but i just didn't know what to do and if you go back and read its painfully obvious i didn't know how to make an appeal. Had i known you can get multiple points for the same post i would not have done it but i was confused obviously on what you were instructing me to do when you had told me to appeal 1 at a time instead of all 6 in one post like i had originally tried to do.
Ive never done this appeal thing before so i really didn't know what exactly to do. Cant you guys give me a break on that? I just did not know at the time but i know now.
The other post i got 2 or 3 infractions for was a single post in the forum. Its been a couple of days sense i looked at them i'll have to go look and refresh my memory on exactly which post it was but i'm pretty sure its the same exact post with 2 or 3 separate warnings and points and i never posted anything.
If all i can appeal is one at a time how will they know i was given multiple warnings for the same posts and that's what the appeal is for and not the content in the post?
I was also not given any option of editing any of the post i was getting infractions for. When i received the first point for the post in the forum that started this mess i went to try and edit it and it would not let me do it? That's when i came here and the mess went from 1 point to 14.
You guys should cut me a little slack on that, Its very clear i simply didn't know what i was doing in regards to making an appeal and i certainly don't have any idea on how to present this multiple infraction thing if all i can show them is one at a time? I'm not appealing the content in the post, i broke the rules and that's fine but i really did not know what i was doing and was only doing what i thought i was being instructed to do when i posted the same message in all 6 appeals .
I also received a point for copyright infringement for pasting an article in the forum but i provided a link with it. I was under the impression that a Copy and Paste is fine as long as you provide a link with the article or atleast thats how it works in other forums i'm a member in.
Come on fellas cut me some slack here...
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:50 PM
Administrator
Quote:
No i never went back and repost anything. I did get multiple points for my complaint/Appeal that i posted in here but i posted the same message in each appeal because i thought i had to do all 6 individually as you had told me to do.
By posting your warned posts here you did repost exactly what you were warned for. A link is the best method for an appeal.

Quote:
If all i can appeal is one at a time how will they know i was given multiple warnings for the same posts and that's what the appeal is for and not the content in the post?
By providing a link to the post you were warned for we should be able to tell what the issue was.

Quote:
I'm not appealing the content in the post, i broke the rules and that's fine but i really did not know what i was doing and was only doing what i thought i was being instructed to do when i posted the same message in all 6 appeals .
You make a great point. So you want to appeal getting points for pasting your warned posts here in SS/C correct?

Quote:
I also received a point for copyright infringement for pasting an article in the forum but i provided a link with it. I was under the impression that a Copy and Paste is fine as long as you provide a link with the article or atleast thats how it works in other forums i'm a member in.
The moderators are very strict on the copyright infringement rule. Please only use URLs.
Administrator
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:52 PM
Administrator
You can now edit your posts.
Administrator
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:41 PM
Thank You Jim! I'm working right now and will get on this ASAP as soon as i get time this evening. I appreciate your understanding ! I would do it right now but its such a mess it will take a bit to go thru everything...Thanks Again and i will respond here as soon as ive edited everything later this evening. Troy