Feb 24, 2019, 01:01 AM
Yes, about five years after vhe last post, and my memory cells fire off. Somewhere along the lines, I'm sure that I had questions about the morot mount but couldn't find those.

Any updates on the design or the kits, Bob and Otto?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2019, 07:19 AM
Retired CAD guy
Updates, Updates ???

How can we improve on perfection ;^}
Feb 24, 2019, 11:34 AM
So, the posted drawings are accurate, and the kit is still available? I believe that I was thinking that doing a version of the Avro Arrow would be workable.

This past week was a massive anniversary week for Canadian Aviation -- the 110th anniversary of the first powered flight in Canada, and the 60th anniversary of Black Friday when the Avro Arrow project was officially cancelled and all aircraft, engines, design documentation was ordered destroyed.

The real laugh is that there is a Canadian company being refused admission to the replacement fighter competition (F-18 Super Hornet, F-35, Eurofighter and Gripen are the leading contenders) which is a supposedly open competition. Boudreau Enterprises is submitting a made-in-Canada solution, an upgraded Avro Arrow Mk II design.
Feb 24, 2019, 06:08 PM
Retired CAD guy
I believe so, though, I haven't had an order in years.

Either guys are too busy to build or they've purchased a 3DPrinter and NOW have
no free time left whatsoever.

Would YOUR Avro arrow have the motor as a Pusher, EDF(s) ,
or in a slot somewhere ahead of the Large Fin ?

Twin rudders like those in F15 or F22 make that an easier choice.
Central Fins ... not so much.

Pardon the comparison, but , as I recall there are a couple of relatively current Vulcan threads on RCG.

Checked my Directorys and had this 3view in there.

Mar 10, 2019, 07:39 PM
Thinking of the F-15 or F-22, and looking at the plansets heer as well as what I've downloaded for taking over to a local printing service.

Have there been any alternatives to the Scorpion 3026-990 motor mentioned on the drawing that spring to mind?

Speaking of kits, I rememb er you using large pizza boxes. If I ordered a kit, would there being any problems with sending one to Aurora Ontario Canada via parcel post?
Mar 11, 2019, 05:02 PM
Retired CAD guy
Just got my internet back in working order after lightning on Sat PM.

I have sent things to CA but there seems to be some Tax collected on receipt.
I have to state actual value or the insurance is no good.
If you are printing plans , not to worry as these are fairly easy to cut out

I have a big HK motor on mine but I can't recall what it is.
are you sure I didn't post a pic in that thread ?
I had to use a 3 blade prop for ground clearance as well as power loading.

At this size It flys more scale like and majestic - but about the same speed as the little ones.
Due to size it just LOOKS slower !

Quick Reply