Sep 03, 2011, 10:06 PM
Thread OP
Cool

Pilot Busts 1/8 Scale and 1/12 Scale

Hey everyone,
I recently started my own line of pilots, and I had been posting them over in the electric warbird section when a slope flyer told me to post over here.

Ok first one is the 1/12 bust. He is based on a WWII USAAF pilot. He is a solid cast but still weighs under an ounce. I get 25g. on my scale. He comes with a separate oxygen mask so there are more options for the modeler. Cost is $12 + $4 S&H

Second one is a 1/8 waist up based off a WWII US Navy pilot. This one is a semi hollow cast and only weighs 26g. also. Cost is 18$ + $4 S&H

If anyone is interested you can PM me or go to my website to order. The website is awful but its just easier to order if I am not around for a couple days to respond to PMs. Thanks for looking!!! Oh I should mention that they come unpainted. Also if you buy more than one in an order shipping and handling is free

Matt

PS There will be more to come!
Last edited by MPS86; Sep 03, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2011, 10:21 PM
How much they look great, how about Luftwaffe pilot. Ian
Sep 03, 2011, 10:28 PM
Thread OP
Whoops sorry Ian forgot to enter that . I edited my first post and added the cost in there.

Matt
Sep 03, 2011, 10:52 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Some of the best I've ever seen!
Where's the blonde with the fishnet top?!!

Matin
Sep 04, 2011, 01:58 AM
Ninja Master
Great looking pilots! I need two 1/10 scale modern fighter pilots, are you gonna have anything like that?
Sep 08, 2011, 09:06 PM

I need a bust of Sully....

Hi Matt,

Your pilots are great. I am looking for a bust of Sully in uniform with his hat. Do you have any plans
for one of him?

Thanks
Joe
Sep 08, 2011, 10:20 PM
Design something new!
Can you tell me the width and height of the 1/12 pilot?
also, what are they cast from?

Thanks,
Carl
Sep 09, 2011, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
Hey Carl,
Width is 44mm, Height is 48mm. They are cast from a lightweight liquid plastic called smooth on 305. They are a solid cast but still very lightweight, on my scale they weigh 25g. or 3/4 oz.

Joe a Sully bust would be cool not gonna lie. Maybe in the future that is something I could do, don't know the legal side of it though so that worry's me a tad bit.

Also here are some pics of the RAF pilot. He will also come with a oxy mask the is detachable.

Cheers,
Matt
Sep 09, 2011, 05:42 AM
Just Toss It !!!
How 'bout a slumped-over pilot?
It will be authentic given the way I fly!

Matin
Sep 09, 2011, 02:28 PM
Dunetop Flyer
I have a couple of these pilots and am in the process of painting the 1/12 scale one right now. Detail on these is amazing - right down to the zipper on the flight suit. You won't be sorry getting one. Jan
Sep 09, 2011, 03:12 PM
3D Toy Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIN

Matin
Hahaha, ... ROFLOL
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Sep 09, 2011, 05:10 PM
Design something new!
Matt,
Thanks for the info. I am building a 1/12 scale Avenger, and these might work really nice.
The pilots look good, and I like the weight too.
I can appreciate you offering these for sale, because good pilots are hard to come by.

I usuallly build in the 1/10 and 1/12 scale PSS planes...
Sep 09, 2011, 07:17 PM
Embrace the suck
If you offer a nice contemporary jet bust I'll size my models to fit them

Seriously, I'd take jet dudes in any common PSS scale, and I would pay a premium if some were twisted around hard and looking over their shoulders.

Nauga,
the contortionist
Sep 09, 2011, 07:21 PM
Embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIN
Maybe skip the pilot and canopy and stick in a piece of AL tube wrapped to look like an extended ejection seat cat gun? Or just an empty cockpit for the vintage stuff.

Nauga,
with one hand on the stick and the other on the handle
Sep 10, 2011, 12:28 AM
Just Toss It !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nauga
Maybe skip the pilot and canopy and stick in a piece of AL tube wrapped to look like an extended ejection seat cat gun? Or just an empty cockpit for the vintage stuff.

Nauga,
with one hand on the stick and the other on the handle
Oh I see what you're sayin'.....like "My seat belt was off, the canopy was open I did a tight outside loop"....???

Matin
never puts the stick between his legs...

Quick Reply