This thread is privately moderated by HyperHelis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 02, 2011, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

Hobbyking Quicksilver

Here is my newest addition the Hobbyking Quicksilver! Honestly I was a little unsure once I started the build. One of the tail to wing plastic pieces were glued on sideways resulting in having to unglue and reglue while trying to not break it and I did No big deal. I re-attached them correctly and wrapped it with kevlar thread, ca'd then painted it black. Now as far as the twin pushrod complaints I just removed one all together. As you can see in the pictures I used basswood carved to fit both sides of the elevator then sanded a basswood filler for the center. Had to notch out the vertical a bit also. I will be using an esky 8g servo for elevator with the rest remaining stock. My packs are turnigy 2s 800mah 20c lipos. The known little chunk of cg weight is no longer needed using this combo. Plane's cg is perfect at a 1/3rd back.

Will get a good video made as soon as this tropical storm moves out!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2020, 09:49 PM
Wow!!!

Quick Reply