Old Oct 23, 2001, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by V-Raptor

Lightest ESC that can handle 3 servos

Any suggestions for an ESC that will handle 6 amps continuous AND 3 HS-55 servos? The lighter the better of course. Do I need to go to a 10+ amp, 5/8 oz controller to accomplish this? (like a Jeti 110). This is for a sp280 geared motor.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2001, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by CoClimber
Mountain Models Wannabe
Hi V-Raptor,

Did I sell you a Pixie 7P when you bought that UrbanFlyer? The 7P is rated for 3 servos when you keep the cell count below 7 cells. I assume that is for Nicads so you might get away with 3 servos on eight NiMH cells, especially because the HS-55s draw less current than some other micro servos. I can't guarantee that though. It's a $32 gamble.

More specifically, the 7P's BEC is rated for 1.2 amps.

Hope that helps.

Doug Binder
Mountain Models
Old Oct 23, 2001, 12:59 PM
Doug, as a matter of fact, this question is for outfitting my next UF, after my first met it's untimely demise during a high-speed low inverted pass / dumbthumb incident. My next one will get the rudder mod I spoke to you about. And no, you didn't sell me a Pixie 'cause I had an electrifly 5. Now I need a kit, the pixie, and a B motor.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by CoClimber
Mountain Models Wannabe
The B motor is a problem that I am working on. I have no date on when I can get them so I'm looking for alternatives. Can your current motor be used?

Doug
Old Oct 23, 2001, 01:15 PM
Think it's smoked...how about an A?