Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:29 AM
IronHorse442 is offline
Find More Posts by IronHorse442
Conductor
IronHorse442's Avatar
Ordered some 1550's!!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:58 PM
IronHorse442 is offline
Find More Posts by IronHorse442
Conductor
IronHorse442's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
No but do you guys want a larger brighter system for your big Slicks, we can.

Don't know about you guys but I vote "yes"
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:28 AM
Dan5.0 is offline
Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Suspended Account
Dan5.0's Avatar
I vote yes, wait I need to build one of these first
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:34 PM
sk8rob is offline
Find More Posts by sk8rob
3D Wanna Be
sk8rob's Avatar
Going through the build pics and noticed a dubro arm being used for the elevator, is this necessary? Or was it used to get more elevator throw? It also looks as if it's sitting on the elevator.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:00 PM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Yep, I wanted the maximum amount of throw possible. Try it without first and see how it goes.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:09 PM
sk8rob is offline
Find More Posts by sk8rob
3D Wanna Be
sk8rob's Avatar
the one I flew felt like it needed a little more elevator for my liking too. I'll be doing the same mod as you, just wasn't sure if the arm was needed to get more throw.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:50 PM
Aviefly is offline
Find More Posts by Aviefly
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
Just had a look back thru the build pics myself too. Looking forward to getting on with ours but the vote has gone with the 3D Buster first.

Herc of all the things to notice in your pics it is nothing to do with the Slick lol. How thick is all that ply on your bench? Been sorting out my workshop/shed for a while now so I've noticed myself checking out everybody workshops in their pics.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:19 PM
stickybeatz is offline
Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Registered User
stickybeatz's Avatar
subscribed
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:25 PM
cbriggs11 is offline
Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Team Twisted!
cbriggs11's Avatar
Just got mine in today. Ordered it Sunday and its already here. Should have this built by the weekend.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:23 PM
jetinteriorguy is offline
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
the one I flew felt like it needed a little more elevator for my liking too. I'll be doing the same mod as you, just wasn't sure if the arm was needed to get more throw.
I have my elevator maxed out with a longer arm I made from some fiberglass sheet that I have and I'm thinking of moving the servo down to get a longer arm on and then carving out the fuse to allow more elevator deflection yet. The main reason I'm considering this is so I can do elevators more easily. Anybody tried this, and if so did it help? It might make it tumble even better too, this is the way my EF Exp planes are and I really like the 70 degree elevator deflection.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:57 AM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Just had a look back thru the build pics myself too. Looking forward to getting on with ours but the vote has gone with the 3D Buster first.

Herc of all the things to notice in your pics it is nothing to do with the Slick lol. How thick is all that ply on your bench? Been sorting out my workshop/shed for a while now so I've noticed myself checking out everybody workshops in their pics.
Lol. I bought that bench from a guy who built it and decided to immediately build another and make a few changes. I thought it was too short. I hate bending over to build. So, I added about 3" to the height and quite a bit to the size with layering ply. Stiff as heck too!
Last edited by hercdriver7777; Sep 22, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:27 PM
stevelmaa is offline
Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I have my elevator maxed out with a longer arm I made from some fiberglass sheet that I have and I'm thinking of moving the servo down to get a longer arm on and then carving out the fuse to allow more elevator deflection yet. The main reason I'm considering this is so I can do elevators more easily. Anybody tried this, and if so did it help? It might make it tumble even better too, this is the way my EF Exp planes are and I really like the 70 degree elevator deflection.
I actually reversed the servo locations and put the elevator servo right underneath the elevator stabilizer with the arm pointing down. No problem getting max throws. I am also using an elongated servo arm but its not maxed out. Don't know exactly the amount of throw but it stops dead in a wall and does tight KE Spins.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
sk8rob is offline
Find More Posts by sk8rob
3D Wanna Be
sk8rob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I have my elevator maxed out with a longer arm I made from some fiberglass sheet that I have and I'm thinking of moving the servo down to get a longer arm on and then carving out the fuse to allow more elevator deflection yet. The main reason I'm considering this is so I can do elevators more easily. Anybody tried this, and if so did it help? It might make it tumble even better too, this is the way my EF Exp planes are and I really like the 70 degree elevator deflection.
I plan on doing the mod in the build pics....carve out the fuse and possibly a longer servo arm if I can't the deflection I want with the stock arm. I want more throw so I can do tighter rolling loops.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
stevelmaa is offline
Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Registered User
You could also cut the stabilizer to make counterbalances on the elevator. Then add stout carbon rods to reinforce it. I did that to a different full fuselage foamie and it did great. Just a thought. I've thought about doing it to this but I'm getting all the throw I need.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:19 PM
2006rfarmer is offline
Find More Posts by 2006rfarmer
Registered User
Sorry was thinking something else


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" SU 29 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 634 Nov 16, 2014 10:06 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - 32" Xtra Slick - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 3018 Jul 03, 2014 01:53 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 78 May 28, 2014 06:40 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys Big Slick Build Thread garyholland 3D Foamies 165 Mar 08, 2012 12:45 PM
Discussion Telink/ Twisted Hobbys Xtra Slick (big) maineflyer1 3D Foamies 21 Nov 07, 2011 07:04 AM