New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:22 AM
rodisnow is offline
Find More Posts by rodisnow
QuadCopters

T580 HELP On Throttle LIFT!!!!


Hello,

I Just got the replacement from BEVRC for my Defective T580.
I have set everything and I was About to FLy it. All the Motors are running, BUT..... here is the issue, I cant make it throttle UP... It seems the Motor Propellers are like in reverse. Itstead it Pushes AIR downwards, It Is being PUSHED UPward.. So the T580 will not lift UP.

The Propellers are Properly balanced and fixed correctly on the Motor Shafts. The Receivers are on Correct SYNC.

Is there a Way to fix this. I tried to do a reverse on My radio transmitter. But it seems not doing it right.

Here Are my Specs:

Unit: T580
Radio: Spectrum Dx6i
Batt: 3s 3300MaH

Please help and Advise whats best to have this Fixed.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:53 AM
L.Moonstone is offline
Find More Posts by L.Moonstone
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodisnow View Post
Hello,

I Just got the replacement from BEVRC for my Defective T580.
I have set everything and I was About to FLy it. All the Motors are running, BUT..... here is the issue, I cant make it throttle UP... It seems the Motor Propellers are like in reverse. Itstead it Pushes AIR downwards, It Is being PUSHED UPward.. So the T580 will not lift UP.

The Propellers are Properly balanced and fixed correctly on the Motor Shafts. The Receivers are on Correct SYNC.

Is there a Way to fix this. I tried to do a reverse on My radio transmitter. But it seems not doing it right.

Here Are my Specs:

Unit: T580
Radio: Spectrum Dx6i
Batt: 3s 3300MaH

Please help and Advise whats best to have this Fixed.
Motor Propellers are like in reverse: Please check your manual version whether ur T580 propellers were installed in a correct direction.there should have a picture signed rotating direction in your manual
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:06 AM
Rc Heli Halle is offline
Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Registered User
Rc Heli Halle's Avatar

Last Video from alishanmao


Hi all,
yes and Bad the Flipping issue is not over. See Video....
LotusRC T580P Last Good Flight (3 min 18 sec)

but more importend is what he write:
----------------This is the last good flight recorded for LotusRC T580P. Every time we came out with a new T580P and every time it crashed with either a fall like stone out of nowhere or a well known flip of death. In this video we flew is slow for 2 or 3 minutes only and landed it earlier. This quad crashed on the 2nd flight with a great Flip of death. On board Go pro HD video coming next. This concludes my testing of LotusRC Quads. LotusRC has to improve their product and get rid of this Flip of Death for their quads else it will really be bad for their reputation and future sales. Well I think I will not be testing T580s anymore until the issue has been fully resolved. Comments and feedback welcome at alishanmao@gmail.com , info@onlyflyingmachines.com or ----------------------------

And I think he got the new FC in his Testing T580P ?? for sure , but Flipps also. Dear Lotus RC , Let us Help you. Software and Cables.............
We have some great People out there they can do HEX coding,
Mike
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:28 AM
n3m1s1s is offline
Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Suspended Account
FY-X4 Quad copter Aerial Video with GoPro Onboard (3 min 41 sec)


his lotusrc stuff seemed to start flipping in earnest after he had some perfect flights with the above quad?
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:28 AM
L.Moonstone is offline
Find More Posts by L.Moonstone
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbZnK6pTRGY

his lotusrc stuff seemed to start flipping in earnest after he had some perfect flights with the above quad?

don't think so, it's a process some companies must experience
Old Oct 05, 2011, 08:00 AM
malcr001 is offline
Find More Posts by malcr001
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
A good video if you want to see the T580P+ up close:

How to assemble T580P Plus (6 min 53 sec)
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:33 PM
malcr001 is offline
Find More Posts by malcr001
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
Finally got my T580P+ today. It was poorly packaged but I got it straight from the factory and I dont really mind so much as long as nothing is damaged and it doesnt look like it. First thought when I saw it I was thinking these motors are HUGE! so are the props. The motors look real nice and well made including the mounts.

Whats better low rpm and large propellers or high rpm and small propellers?

I will soon be putting the electronics up for sale and maybe motors and propellers once I work out whats better.
Last edited by malcr001; Oct 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:46 PM
malcr001 is offline
Find More Posts by malcr001
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
Photos of electronics:
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:05 AM
n3m1s1s is offline
Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcr001 View Post
Finally got my T580P+ today. It was poorly packaged but I got it straight from the factory and I dont really mind so much as long as nothing is damaged and it doesnt look like it. First thought when I saw it I was thinking these motors are HUGE! so are the props. The motors look real nice and well made including the mounts.

Whats better low rpm and large propellers or high rpm and small propellers?

I will soon be putting the electronics up for sale and maybe motors and propellers once I work out whats better.
great stuff get the multiwii in ! I WOULD LEAVE MOTORS AND PROPS they already been made for that frame size shame to just dump them also lotusrc is actually a motor company not quadcopter company i think they pilfered staff to make the flight controller then sacked once job was done hence no new hardware flight controller wise

i got a free new fl;ight controller in the post from lotusrc but no esc so could do with them esc's and connecting wires
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:21 AM
malcr001 is offline
Find More Posts by malcr001
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
great stuff get the multiwii in ! I WOULD LEAVE MOTORS AND PROPS they already been made for that frame size shame to just dump them also lotusrc is actually a motor company not quadcopter company i think they pilfered staff to make the flight controller then sacked once job was done hence no new hardware flight controller wise

i got a free new fl;ight controller in the post from lotusrc but no esc so could do with them esc's and connecting wires
Already have mikrokopter electronics . By connecting wires are you reffering to the wires and connectors fed through the CF tubing?

With regards to the esc's send me a PM with what you think is a fair offer.
cheers
Malcr001
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:20 PM
malcr001 is offline
Find More Posts by malcr001
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
Good luck to anyone who wants to remove the metal pillars or motor mounts. The mounts are very tight on the arms. Its so tight that it required me to bend it slightly to remove it. Also the hex bolts are a nightmare. Many are way too tight and as a result you end up wearing out the head. They should be using phillip screws.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:51 AM
haidar is offline
Find More Posts by haidar
Haidar
haidar's Avatar
Hello guys. anybody know where i can get parts for the T580P besides ordering from LotusRC? Their shipping cost is steep (EMS) compared others shippers.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:02 PM
malcr001 is offline
Find More Posts by malcr001
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by haidar View Post
Hello guys. anybody know where i can get parts for the T580P besides ordering from LotusRC? Their shipping cost is steep (EMS) compared others shippers.
What are you looking for because I still have stuff I'm never going to use.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:37 AM
Rc Heli Halle is offline
Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Registered User
Rc Heli Halle's Avatar
Hi all, so good so long. But where to buy ?? I am in BRD and Geoff has no.

So is there a Dealer near EU ?

Mike
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:35 AM
haidar is offline
Find More Posts by haidar
Haidar
haidar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcr001 View Post
What are you looking for because I still have stuff I'm never going to use.
Hi malcr001. I need the motor holder. Lotus doesnt sell them seperately from the arm.

I finally got my T580P working well..thanks to Masam54, see video:


LotusrcT580P.avi (0 min 23 sec)
Last edited by haidar; Dec 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spacing


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product ARF LotusRC T580 quadcopter LotusRC Multirotor Talk 3741 Jan 09, 2012 12:23 PM
Question XAircraft X650 vs. LotusRC T580 ~>Miha<~ Multirotor Talk 8 Sep 08, 2011 03:19 PM
Discussion Our stories-developers and pilots,started with the LotusRC T580 flips yiny0730 Multirotor Talk 3 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM