Jul 10, 2012, 04:54 PM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
get some hiyin batteries they are great and only $21 for a 3-cell 2200 mah 30c battery.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict
get some hiyin batteries they are great and only $21 for a 3-cell 2200 mah 30c battery.
I have dealt with Dale at EP Buddy for a long time and he is a very stand up guy. He stands completely behind what he sells. He sells a 3-cell 2200 35C that is lighter than the hiyin for $22.95, I am just trying to see if anyone has tried them out yet as he just started carrying them.
Jul 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
I have dealt with Dale at EP Buddy for a long time and he is a very stand up guy. He stands completely behind what he sells. He sells a 3-cell 2200 35C that is lighter than the hiyin for $22.95, I am just trying to see if anyone has tried them out yet as he just started carrying them.
I looked at those, but the prices for the 6S5300 batteries are fairly high!
Jul 11, 2012, 11:50 AM
Team Twisted!
I'd get some just to try them out. Maybe not the big 6s packs but maybe some 3s for the SHP. I mean he sells good product and at least it comes with deans already AND the AB clip. If he had some 4s 2500s for my 51 and EF EXPs i'd buy a bunch. So far i haven't heard anything bad, but you can't really go on that because even nanos are good at first, it's the longevity that matters so it will be a while before real results can be rendered
Jul 11, 2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
I'd get some just to try them out. Maybe not the big 6s packs but maybe some 3s for the SHP. I mean he sells good product and at least it comes with deans already AND the AB clip. If he had some 4s 2500s for my 51 and EF EXPs i'd buy a bunch. So far i haven't heard anything bad, but you can't really go on that because even nanos are good at first, it's the longevity that matters so it will be a while before real results can be rendered
Those batteries look very similar to the GensAce and the Value Hobby 40C batteries that I have...perhaps they come from the same factory?

EPBuddy does appear to have decent prices on some of these batteries, and I've had good experience with other items from EPBuddy in the past, so I'd agree with you and say they might be worth giving a try. Who will be the first to try them and report back?!
Jul 11, 2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
EPBuddy does appear to have decent prices on some of these batteries, and I've had good experience with other items from EPBuddy in the past, so I'd agree with you and say they might be worth giving a try. Who will be the first to try them and report back?!
Well I ordered 4 of the 35C Glacier 3S 2200's so I will let you know. I have not yet received shipping notice on my plane yet though so it will be a while. The batteries have shipped. Dale has been very good to him over the years and for sure is a good guy in the industry. I have used many a Gens Ace with no problems but HP is such a pain to deal with. I was going to try the 40C Sky lipos like Joe's uses but they are out of stock.
Jul 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
Well I ordered 4 of the 35C Glacier 3S 2200's so I will let you know. I have not yet received shipping notice on my plane yet though so it will be a while. The batteries have shipped. Dale has been very good to him over the years and for sure is a good guy in the industry. I have used many a Gens Ace with no problems but HP is such a pain to deal with. I was going to try the 40C Sky lipos like Joe's uses but they are out of stock.
I have 2 of the Glacier 30c 3S 2200's, and so far they have been really good. But I only have about 6 flights on them.
Jul 12, 2012, 01:06 AM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
Well had a good day at the field flying this bird, however when I went to unplug my aileron wire to take off the wing I hit the side and snapped off a piece of wood accidentally, nothing serious. I had it fixes in two seconds with a little CA and you can not eben tell where it was cracked, it was a clean break and vary small.
Jul 12, 2012, 10:58 AM
Stick banger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict
Well had a good day at the field flying this bird, however when I went to unplug my aileron wire to take off the wing I hit the side and snapped off a piece of wood accidentally, nothing serious. I had it fixes in two seconds with a little CA and you can not eben tell where it was cracked, it was a clean break and vary small.
I lost count of how many times I've broken balsa in my SHP while unplugging batteries or aileron servos.
Jul 12, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
I lost count of how many times I've broken balsa in my SHP while unplugging batteries or aileron servos.
Same with my 42" Slick. Maybe a little triangle balsa stock under that thin balsa on top where you put your hands in to change the battery's will help.
Jul 12, 2012, 12:47 PM
Did the same thing on my first battery swap. Now I press down on the top of the frame instead of the battery tray. Last weekend, I lost my cowl mid flight because the balsa buckled. Now that has all been drenched in CA, see how that holds.
Jul 12, 2012, 03:31 PM
Fly low or fly home.
I always pull my battery out first the npoint the battery tarwds my face and pull back that way so when my hand goes flying it goes away from the plane and not hitting it.
Jul 12, 2012, 06:37 PM

??? Help please - first 47" SHP build

I need help please

I keep finding what I believe are old manuals and old build videos. I have scanned all post, googled, downloaded and either viewed or read each and all seem to have both rudder and elevator servos at the back of the plane.

Yet mine came with push pull cables for rudder. The only reason I think these are push pull cables is because that is what they were on my 57" 3DHS plane. But on that one the manual told me what to do with them and did not tell me to cut a servo hole on both sides of the fuselage for servos.

Is there a current manual or build video and I am just not finding it yet? I'm not very experienced...yet. And would rather not screw something up by using obsolete instructions.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Jul 12, 2012, 07:02 PM
It's mentioned earlier in the thread. The online manual is outdated, so you should refer to the directions for the 48" Edge or Slick or something. There are also a series of build videos which I think are liked through 3DHS's website that are really good, and the 48" Edge series shows how to install the pull-pull.

Still waiting to order this one. Got some other financial obligations and promises to take care of first!
Jul 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
ADC Vinyl
the rudder is a pull-pull cable system with the servo up on the tray in the fuse.

the old style was servo in the tail, push-pull direct linkage.

Yes, you can reference the 48" EDGE manual for the pull pull assembly. CG should be around the leading edge of the wingtube and adjust from there to your liking.

Quick Reply