3DHS 47" Extra 300 Shp - Page 52 - RC Groups
May 23, 2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
That's why i order from rob at ADC he picks up every time and is very helpful. Not to mention he ships out of CA.
I was going to, but I had points with 3DHS and needed a little more for a gift card. I will order from Rob next time.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2012, 03:09 PM
StevieT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azlodaiel
I tried Calling them with no answer. So i sent another email to them.
https://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/
May 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
Just received an email from Noll, a new airframe is on its way.
May 24, 2012, 02:33 AM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Well, its warming up quite a bit here in Vegas, and i already fly at about 3000' MSL. This means my density altitute SUCKS! So after my last few flights, I decided I needed more power for the summer, and so I mounted the SunnySky 2820-950 and a 14x7 prop onto the SHP.
Amps/Watts should be at about 50a/600w. I'll post results after my next flight.

-Gary
May 24, 2012, 03:58 AM
Finished mine up tonight. Maiden tomorrow evening. I'll post up a video of the first flight!
May 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
Stick banger
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz
Finished mine up tonight. Maiden tomorrow evening. I'll post up a video of the first flight!
Sometime I'll make the trek up there so we can do some back to back flight comparison of V3 and V4.
May 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz
how does it look, Sticky?
May 24, 2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
Sometime I'll make the trek up there so we can do some back to back flight comparison of V3 and V4.
let's do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
how does it look, Sticky?
It looks pretty good! I haven't had a plane with wheel pants on it in a while so it looks extra fancy to me
May 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
I got a 47" Extra V4 on it's way from ADC but have a quick question after looking at the manual. Is this a push/pull rudder setup as some of the pics in thread show or is it a tail mounted design like the manual show ?
May 24, 2012, 09:25 PM
♫ Learning to fly ♫
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3
I got a 47" Extra V4 on it's way from ADC but have a quick question after looking at the manual. Is this a push/pull rudder setup as some of the pics in thread show or is it a tail mounted design like the manual show ?
The new version is pull/pull. They haven't updated the manual however. You could use the build video for the 48 Edge for the Rudder setup for a reference.
May 24, 2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataylor57
The new version is pull/pull. They haven't updated the manual however. You could use the build video for the 48 Edge for the Rudder setup for a reference.
Thanks you
May 24, 2012, 09:57 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataylor57
Quote:
Thanks you
it includes hardware for you to build it either way. If you're going with a bigger motor than the 103g Omega, and/or LiPos bigger than 3s2200, you might consider putting the servo in the back.
May 24, 2012, 10:51 PM
Mine and a few others didn't have all the hardware for the pull/pull setup - missing 2 cable attachment ends that go into the servo horn quick connects.
May 24, 2012, 11:20 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277
Mine and a few others didn't have all the hardware for the pull/pull setup - missing 2 cable attachment ends that go into the servo horn quick connects.
Not sure if mine was missing the extra quick disconnects or not, but I did ball links on both ends of my cables for the rudder. I had some leftover parts from a 48" Vyper that I had that wasnt built pull-pull, so I might have used those... I honestly can't remember.
May 24, 2012, 11:21 PM
mine were missing also , Rob got em to me pretty quick .
i watt checked mine with the motrolfly 2820-950 , with a 14x7 falcon wood was around 950 watts 80 ish amps ...lets just say it has plenty of power ...... my 71 & 59 slicks & 60 xf 300 havnt flown since i got it ...