Jan 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666
Been having some fun with my GCP outside recently.
Followed the Tom z beginner settings, where normal mode is zero pitch at 0 throttle, and st1 and 2 have a good amount of negative pitch.
At first I flew it in normal mode which is great in no wind although a bit FP like, and switched to st1 in a breeze or windy conditions.
Last week I thought I would never get to grips with it, but i'm now doing FFF and the full monty.
I like this a lot, but wish I could get a little more than the 5 minute flight times per cell.
I got some 350mah batteries in there, it gives me good time. I don't do 3d and barely notice the extra weight hovering at home.

I took it outside today for the first time, it was windy. It went ok, I was flying on my gravel driveway, so first crash I figured that's enough I don't want to break it so I can fly it another day.

Let me know if you want a link to those batteries, they fit in the tray without mod and clear the gears, on 1 pack I have to leave it out just a notch, still in there snug. I think I want 3 more of them when I get my brushless kit, then I can probably fly for an hour, If I had 6 more, I can run non stop!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2012, 11:05 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortionist
I got some 350mah batteries in there, it gives me good time. I don't do 3d and barely notice the extra weight hovering at home.

I took it outside today for the first time, it was windy. It went ok, I was flying on my gravel driveway, so first crash I figured that's enough I don't want to break it so I can fly it another day.

Let me know if you want a link to those batteries, they fit in the tray without mod and clear the gears, on 1 pack I have to leave it out just a notch, still in there snug. I think I want 3 more of them when I get my brushless kit, then I can probably fly for an hour, If I had 6 more, I can run non stop!
That sounds like just the ticket. The short flights on the Hyperions are the only downfall imo.

I'd love the link if you would please mate.
Jan 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
Just fly it!

Devo 6 upload?

Does anyone know how to save the Devo 6 models on the PC?

I managed to update the Devo 6 succesfully, but I didn't figure out how to get my models backed up on the pc.
Jan 30, 2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666
That sounds like just the ticket. The short flights on the Hyperions are the only downfall imo.

I'd love the link if you would please mate.
http://www.rc711.com/shop/raiden-37v...ry-p-5005.html

It says 20C there, but the ones I got here when I ordered those are 25C.
Jan 30, 2012, 12:03 PM
On the co5 bl motor if you push up on pinion my whole outer caseing lifts up? Is that normal. Out of no where my heli is out of control and trying to figure out why
Jan 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebettertwin
On the co5 bl motor if you push up on pinion my whole outer caseing lifts up? Is that normal. Out of no where my heli is out of control and trying to figure out why
Yes, that is normal. I always felt better with an E clip on the shaft to limit the movement. You can get E clips from Losi for the Micro Desert Truck (LOSB1043 E-Clip). Others just leave it without the clip and don't seem to have issues.

Good Luck, Don
Jan 30, 2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the response. I dont know what's going on then. It acts like the blades are out of balence. Replaced those main shaft feathering shaft tail motor ..tail mount boom and like its going everywhere..weird thing is that it worked fine didnt crash or anything and it started acting all weird...
Thanks Kevin
Jan 30, 2012, 03:50 PM
astroX, Warpquad,Geprc,Diatone
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I dont know what's going on then. It acts like the blades are out of balence. Replaced those main shaft feathering shaft tail motor ..tail mount boom and like its going everywhere..weird thing is that it worked fine didnt crash or anything and it started acting all weird...
Thanks Kevin
check your head and grips closely all over...I had a problem with mine wanting to wobble badly when it started picking up a little speed and turned out to be my head was cracked on the underside just under one of the feathering shaft orings.
Jan 30, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Thanks Kevin
Also remove the rotor blades and retighten the end screws holding the blade grips to the feathering shaft. Check also to see if your o-rings in the main head are torn or missing.
Jan 30, 2012, 05:17 PM
Head is fine just changed it a week ago and checked again ...tried my old motor...orings ...I wonder if it's the rx ...but would it just stop out of nowhere? Even put a new frame. I'm so lost lol
Jan 30, 2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Head is fine just changed it a week ago and checked again ...tried my old motor...orings ...I wonder if it's the rx ...but would it just stop out of nowhere? Even put a new frame. I'm so lost lol
what exactly is it doing ?
Jan 30, 2012, 06:39 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortionist
http://www.rc711.com/shop/raiden-37v...ry-p-5005.html

It says 20C there, but the ones I got here when I ordered those are 25C.
Ahh yeah, I noticed those at rc711 a couple of weeks ago.

Will get myself some when I place another order with them soon.

Cheers
Jan 30, 2012, 06:41 PM
Wobbling all over and then some times
The tail will come loose...it's uncontrollably
Jan 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Multirotor Promotor
Going to have to remove the PCB from the Genius for some work and was wondering what anybody uses in place of the original mounting tape that comes with the Genius when putting the PCB back on the mounting tray.
Jan 30, 2012, 09:38 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM
Going to have to remove the PCB from the Genius for some work and was wondering what anybody uses in place of the original mounting tape that comes with the Genius when putting the PCB back on the mounting tray.
I have just been reusing the one on it so far.. And I think the spare parts bag comes with a spare one..

Quick Reply