Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 31, 2013, 09:34 PM
Multirotor Promotor
RaymondM's Avatar
Just wanted to say thank you all for the head setup advice will get to try it out with a new CO5 bl this spring!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2013, 06:22 PM
Registered User
tominjax's Avatar
I am looking at a ad on Craigslist for a Blitz RC Works Ghost CP Flybarless Helicopter and Ghost 7 Transmitter. Is this a rebranded GCP?
Feb 08, 2013, 10:35 AM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
I converted to brushless for like $30.



Running BLHeli too which is awesome (programmable, governor mode, etc). I use an Arduino (OlliW) and some bent wires pushed on to the programming plug to program and flash it from the PC.

Only problem is tail blowouts now. Clockwise nose-in funnels are completely impossible because the tail is too weak to hold. I'm going to install a 0.5" longer boom to see if that helps enough.
Feb 08, 2013, 11:10 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax
I am looking at a ad on Craigslist for a Blitz RC Works Ghost CP Flybarless Helicopter and Ghost 7 Transmitter. Is this a rebranded GCP?
Yes this is a rebranded GCP. Bananahobby sells them, take a look at the spare parts list there and you will see that from the receiver on, everything has the same numbers as the GCP. The Tx is a Devo 7

Jim
Feb 08, 2013, 12:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo
I converted to brushless for like $30.



Running BLHeli too which is awesome (programmable, governor mode, etc). I use an Arduino (OlliW) and some bent wires pushed on to the programming plug to program and flash it from the PC.

Only problem is tail blowouts now. Clockwise nose-in funnels are completely impossible because the tail is too weak to hold. I'm going to install a 0.5" longer boom to see if that helps enough.
Try the 7mm tail-motor from the turnigy 100 fbl, cheap and much stronger and cooler than walkera stock tail
Feb 08, 2013, 01:04 PM
Registered User
...or the astroid 7mm tail motor mount / oversky 7mm tail motor, quite cheap, and much stronger and way cooler than walkera stock tail.
Feb 08, 2013, 01:19 PM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
I actually have a bunch of 7mm motors left over from building my micro-quads. I guess I could try to come up with a mount. The Astroid one is nice but is way more expensive than I'm willing to pay.
Feb 09, 2013, 07:46 AM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
Welp, 7mm extended boom, 7mm motor, and giant UDI quadcopter prop does not work. Holds worse than stock, lol. I was going to use my KBDD blade but I didn't realize the 6mm motors have a much smaller shaft (0.8mm?). I made the motor mount out of polyurethane coated paper, it's super light (dave1993's tried and true method from the micro-quads).

Of course it's impossible to get anything from China for 6+ weeks so



Edit:
Tried with an old V911 blade (drilled out to 1mm) and it behaved exactly the same.

It could be the motor, probably not enough RPM. It's a pretty crappy $0.90 motor after all.
Last edited by LittleMo; Feb 09, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
Feb 09, 2013, 09:23 AM
Registered User
I bought my party at hobbyking, motor holder boom tailblades and fin together for about 10Dollars. Works pretty fine
Feb 09, 2013, 10:28 AM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
Tried one last time with a stock Genius "pitch enhanced" blade and got the same result. It must be the motor. I guess I'm stuck until China reopens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany
I bought my party at hobbyking, motor holder boom tailblades and fin together for about 10Dollars. Works pretty fine
Do you know if the FBL100 motor shaft is 1mm or 0.8mm?
Last edited by LittleMo; Feb 09, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Feb 09, 2013, 10:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo
Tried one last time with a stock Genius "pitch enhanced" blade and got the same result. It must be the motor. I guess I'm stuck until China reopens.



Do you know if the FBL100 motor shaft is 1mm or 0.8mm?
0.8mm
Feb 09, 2013, 05:34 PM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany
0.8mm
Thanks! I'll give the FBL100 stuff a go when I can.
Feb 10, 2013, 10:13 PM
Micro Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo
Welp, 7mm extended boom, 7mm motor, and giant UDI quadcopter prop does not work. Holds worse than stock, lol. I was going to use my KBDD blade but I didn't realize the 6mm motors have a much smaller shaft (0.8mm?). I made the motor mount out of polyurethane coated paper, it's super light (dave1993's tried and true method from the micro-quads).

Of course it's impossible to get anything from China for 6+ weeks so
.
When I want to get back in the air quickly I use rchelistore.com . You'll have you're stuff in 2 days and he's a great guy to deal with.
Feb 12, 2013, 03:56 PM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
When I want to get back in the air quickly I use rchelistore.com . You'll have you're stuff in 2 days and he's a great guy to deal with.
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
Feb 12, 2013, 04:15 PM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
I have been playing with some different batteries lately.

I tried a few discarded puffed batteries from a Mini-CP and wow, especially with the brushless they have way more punch than the cheap 300 mAh nano-tech's I have been using (which I'm discovering must not be very good; at least not for brushless). I get about 7 minutes of high power fun with those. Even the tail holds better (far from perfect but better). I had to tape it under the canopy because they won't fit in the GCP battery tray. They are close to the same weight as my nano-tech's and are also 300 mAh. So I guess I need to buy some better batteries.

The nano-tech's give me 6 minutes of flight time but it's weak and I can tell the motor is not even hitting the governor target speed.

Another test I did was to hook up two of my cheap batteries in parallel. Look at this mess:

The rigging and batteries were pretty heavy at 19g for everything but it was just a test. I don't know how much is due to the extra weight but even with two in parallel they still did not seem to deliver much power, it felt just like one of them does. I got a flight time of 10 minutes though.

I'm going to try to find some cheap-ish but better quality 300-400 mAh batteries.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion smallest lightest 10-12mp camera? cdi3d Aerial Photography 16 Apr 27, 2011 09:36 PM
Article Think Geek's MX-1 RTF Helicopter Review: Is it the World's smallest R/C helicopter? Michael Heer Coaxial Helicopters 27 Oct 29, 2008 08:43 AM
The lightest 3D belt driven micro electric helicopter in the world--------ELE Firefox ELE kiki Product Announcements 42 Aug 27, 2007 11:49 PM
Discussion ELE firefox-100, flying weight 180g-the lightest 3D helicopter in the world. ELERC Mini Helis 11 Jun 21, 2007 08:17 AM