Thread Tools
Sep 27, 2011, 01:52 PM
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar

Wind handling


How does it handle the wind (3-axis gyro)? Better or same as Mcpx since they're both very light. I would be flying it outdoor alot and I got Mcpx already,
Mcpx is great at handling wind.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2011, 01:59 PM
Registered User
Hellraser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar308
How do you set up th with the devo8? seems like i cannot find how to set it up!

Also when setting up the d/r and expo there is two lines to change for each one. do we change both lines?
The top box on the DR/Expo page is for selecting the function - tap on it and you will get the full list Elevator, aileron and rudder - choose the one you want.

Box below it is for which switch setting you want to change 0, 1, 2

Before and after the 2 lines there is a single arrow if you activate that then it changes both lines together much easier than trying to do each one separately.

Regards David
Sep 27, 2011, 02:05 PM
High Flyer
Thanks for the info on where to get one. Just wondering also, after reading the whole thread, am I right in thinking the devo8 tx has the edge on the 2801 tx, as I was going to go with the devo 8.. thanks.. :-)
Sep 27, 2011, 02:14 PM
Registered User
Hellraser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More
Thanks for the info on where to get one. Just wondering also, after reading the whole thread, am I right in thinking the devo8 tx has the edge on the 2801 tx, as I was going to go with the devo 8.. thanks.. :-)
In my opinion the devo touch screen is a much better interface and easier to use than the 2801 - however there is one drawback - color screens are more difficult to read in strong sunlight - not that that is much of a problem in the UK two sunny days and there talking about hose pipe bans and water shortages.

Regards David
Sep 27, 2011, 02:29 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn
I'm all the way up to -60% expo on my RUDD; I'm just too used to the super-snappy tail on my beefed up V120d01. My MSR feels ridiculously sluggish in comparison.
Yeah, I'm finding the same thing for my taste as well. I'm currently at -30% RUDD expo and need more.

Regards,
John
Sep 27, 2011, 02:39 PM
Registered User

Any Devo 6 owners here?


I like the small format. It has the same power, but a smaller and fixed antenna. I don't think range will be an issue for micro flying.

One drawback would be a lack of TH switch.
Sep 27, 2011, 02:43 PM
Registered User
Hellraser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn
I like the small format. It has the same power, but a smaller and fixed antenna. I don't think range will be an issue for micro flying.

One drawback would be a lack of TH switch.
what have you got linked to the gear switch John ? you could always use that - but I would agree 4 switches is not enough for a modern Tx

Regards David
Sep 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser
The top box on the DR/Expo page is for selecting the function - tap on it and you will get the full list Elevator, aileron and rudder - choose the one you want.

Box below it is for which switch setting you want to change 0, 1, 2

Before and after the 2 lines there is a single arrow if you activate that then it changes both lines together much easier than trying to do each one separately.

Regards David
Thanks man....will be doing that soon.

How to you set throttle hold? I have it set to rudd d/r but nothing happens! So far i dont see any adjustment for TH.
Sep 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
Registered User
Hellraser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar308
Thanks man....will be doing that soon.

How to you set throttle hold? I have it set to rudd d/r but nothing happens! So far i dont see any adjustment for TH.
The icon with the cog on it should lead to the screen with the throttle hold icon on it - As warned by Tom set it to zero not a negative number and have trim centered - then check its working on the monitor screen before a live test same with dual rates you can check they are working from the monitor screen.

Hope this helps....

Regards David
Sep 27, 2011, 03:55 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
I have one

You can assign functions to different switches

Go o device output

Place TH on mix 1.2



QUOTE=jazzjohn;19437356]I like the small format. It has the same power, but a smaller and fixed antenna. I don't think range will be an issue for micro flying.

One drawback would be a lack of TH switch.[/QUOTE]
Sep 27, 2011, 04:26 PM
Registered User
Ho hum waiting on my new tail motor before i can fly it again! GRrr only did about 3 light crashes and its broken. The same thing happened to my V100D03BL only a small crash and the tail motor stops.
Sep 27, 2011, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Hellraser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze
Ho hum waiting on my new tail motor before i can fly it again! GRrr only did about 3 light crashes and its broken. The same thing happened to my V100D03BL only a small crash and the tail motor stops.
I think you have been very unlucky most of us have had a few crashes without damage - did you double check the tail motor shaft is not bent ?

Regards David
Sep 27, 2011, 04:51 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser
I think you have been very unlucky most of us have had a few crashes without damage - did you double check the tail motor shaft is not bent ?

Regards David
Or he didn't push the rotor all the way up the shaft with his fingers while holding the end cap with his thumb.. And now the end cap is loose and the brushes are bent..
Sep 27, 2011, 06:14 PM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze
Ho hum waiting on my new tail motor before i can fly it again! GRrr only did about 3 light crashes and its broken. The same thing happened to my V100D03BL only a small crash and the tail motor stops.
Hey i saw you inverted in the house,she flipped over quite quick there,,what tx settings are you using ?
Sep 27, 2011, 08:54 PM
Registered User
After hearing that the genius will bind and fly with the original 2801tx i am going to go ahead and get back into this hobby with the genius heli. I can't wait to start flying again. It has been almost 3 years since i have actually flown a heli. Up until a couple months ago i was using the 2801tx for my sim on the computer.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion smallest lightest 10-12mp camera? cdi3d Aerial Photography 16 Apr 27, 2011 09:36 PM
Article Think Geek's MX-1 RTF Helicopter Review: Is it the World's smallest R/C helicopter? Michael Heer Coaxial Helicopters 27 Oct 29, 2008 08:43 AM
The lightest 3D belt driven micro electric helicopter in the world--------ELE Firefox ELE kiki Product Announcements 42 Aug 27, 2007 11:49 PM
Discussion ELE firefox-100, flying weight 180g-the lightest 3D helicopter in the world. ELERC Mini Helis 11 Jun 21, 2007 08:17 AM