Aug 25, 2011, 09:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Looking for Amature DIY Drone Pilots in Fl!

Hello,

I am looking to gather all of the DIY Drone enthusiast in FL. In to a community of local amature UAV pilots; This way we can fly together and learn form each other! =D
If you are currenly researching, building, or flying a amature UAV drone please join in on the post!
Make sure to list:
  • City
  • UAV System of Choice
  • Experiance

I am also forming a UAV club for my college at National Aviation Academy, Club memebers will form teams and build their own drones powered by APM, We will have UAV Fly-In Day Open to the Public, so join us!
We are still in the process of forming the club so our first fly in day probly wont be till after this christmas.
Last edited by Beeler19; Aug 26, 2011 at 05:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2011, 09:28 PM
Thread OP
Anthony Beeler

City: Largo

UAV System: Ardu-Pilot Mega

Experiance: I research the APM system for my senior year of high school and designed and built my own drone. Since then I have flown 3 total drones and am now currently flying a Geobatt in Stabilization mode, next is FBW!
Aug 26, 2011, 08:20 AM
BirdsEyeView Aero
Last edited by ErichF; Aug 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Aug 26, 2011, 10:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeler19
Anthony Beeler

City: Largo

UAV System: Ardu-Pilot Mega

Experiance: I research the APM system for my senior year of high school and designed and built my own drone. Since then I have flown 3 total drones and am now currently flying a Geobatt in Stabilization mode, next is FBW!
This is my information? Im not asking for your house address or phone number, im not here to sell anything, I just want to fly my Uav, with other Uav enthusiast in my area?
Aug 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
BirdsEyeView Aero
Ahh...nevermind, I'm an idiot for not noticing that you actually wrote the second post.

Apologies all around
Aug 26, 2011, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF
Ahh...nevermind, I'm an idiot for not noticing that you actually wrote the second post.

Apologies all around
Thanks for he appologie, im just a college student who what's to fly his Uav with other ppl who have uavs in the area haha
Sep 12, 2011, 08:01 AM
I live in Orlando, I'm designing a UAV now using mostly off the shelf stuff. Trying to learn as much as possible. There is a lot of valuable info out there.
Dec 19, 2011, 02:35 PM
K4UAV
Contact me via email pm if serious.
-dave
miami ,fl
Dec 21, 2011, 04:31 PM
Anyone in MD. I'm looking for systems that really work. The FY-91Q may be my next one to try or I'll give up and build my own or add to one that doesn't work like the KK Board.
Anyone using picbasic pro building one?
Dec 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by htsystems
Anyone in MD. I'm looking for systems that really work. The FY-91Q may be my next one to try or I'll give up and build my own or add to one that doesn't work like the KK Board.
Anyone using picbasic pro building one?
Buy an Atto... No more fussing around.
Jan 02, 2012, 10:07 PM
Just fly,its just money.
I live in daytona beach and go to Embry riddle! Worked on a few uav's including one for nasa and am in UAV class right now.

Glad to see others in florida doing the uav thing....

My new project is a UAV helicopter
Jan 03, 2012, 05:23 AM
Resistance is Futile
It's actually "Amateur". And I really like my ArduPilot.

I like that I'm not stuck with something someone else thought I needed and can change it. But I also don't mind taking the time to learn how to use it correctly so there isn't any "fussing around" when it comes time to fly.

I don't know if the AttoPilot does this but with the ArduPilot you can do actual "in the loop" hardware testing with a few Flight Simulators including FAA certified ones. Fly your mission or test your settings before you even go out the door. That is a big money and time saver right there.

Have a Great Day,

Rob
Feb 15, 2012, 02:42 AM
My name is Rafael Guerra and I am on the embryo stages of the UAV fever. I currently live in Orlando, and soon will be practicing on a glider. My main goal is to develop the skills for a higher autonomy aerial photography hobby, FPV and some remote video capture.

Please contact me (anyone interested) in discussing possible project to unfold in 2012-
Jan 17, 2016, 08:51 PM

Drone hobbyist

My name is james and am new to quadcopter drones. I gor one for my son but he hasn't used it yet because i want to learn it and teach him so ii bought me one. I am currently using a Mjx 101 quadcopter. I believe it's a great beginner. I am totally looking to upgrade soon. I love the Arial photography aspect of these drones. I am searching for a club in Florida I can learn and talk shop. I live in Gainesville Florida . Thanks ..

Quick Reply