1/200 Scale U-boat - RC Groups
Sep 10, 2003, 10:17 AM
Idea

1/200 Scale U-boat

Hi There!!!

I'm planning to "convert" one 1/200(35cm long & 3cm wide on the larger section...) scale U-boat from Nichimo on a R/C Sub.
I've found the micro R/C receiver on the website:www.mikroantriebe.de(receivers with 4 & 5 channels with 21x12x10mm(approx.) but I'll try to build a micro ballast system for it. I'm trying to find plans for a micro pneumatic cilinder...
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Daniel
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2003, 01:37 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Look for Clippard Air Components.
They specialize in micro-air fittings, valves, and cylinders.
Sep 12, 2003, 12:38 PM
36 Russky jets
umm, how about small hypodermic srynges? you could try modifying some or you could make your own system from brass tubing and a bit of rubber
Sep 15, 2003, 10:08 AM
I'm gathering ideas on wich one will be the safest method to build, since the size will be very reduced.
A friend from mikroantriebe gave me other idea, use a Lego pneumatic cilinder. I've found it but unfortunatelly it's too big...
I'll take some photos of the unbuilted sub ASAP.
Daniel
Sep 19, 2003, 01:05 PM
Hi There,

here goes a pic of the ballast tank ill try to build.
This is the first time I try to attached a pic... if it doens't work, please forgive me.

Take care you all!

Daniel
Oct 05, 2003, 09:05 PM
Registered Useless
Cleverest thing in The SubCommittee Report was a pump ballast tank that had the pump FILLING the sealed tank with water to go negative. The tank emptied when a relief valve was opened, the trapped air under pressure blew the water back out! It would fit a small boat better than a gas system, and it is a fail-safe design.
Oct 06, 2003, 12:11 PM
I'll check the Subcommittee for it! Is it a open report or members only?
Thanks a lot for the help!

Daniel
Oct 24, 2003, 10:06 PM
Registered Useless
The article was in the "SubCommittee Report" magazine, for subscribers. Don't know if an article was posted on the website.
Nov 10, 2003, 11:31 AM
Registered Useless
Check out the review of the soon-to-be-released 1/72 Type 7c in another thread here. May be better for conversion!