Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:20 PM
Mr B.... is offline
Find More Posts by Mr B....
Mfg of the Marauder & Oculus!
Mr B....'s Avatar
The HOT ROD RED lay up is going well.

Merrill
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:04 AM
onethermal is offline
Find More Posts by onethermal
LSF # 7390 IV
onethermal's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B.... View Post
The HOT ROD RED lay up is going well.

Merrill
That is going to be a sweet looking fuse.

Clarence
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:58 PM
Keith Kindrick is offline
Find More Posts by Keith Kindrick
Registered User

Nice Red


That looks like a very nice Red. Do you have a picture of the e-fuse to post?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
ak79 is offline
Find More Posts by ak79
ak79's Avatar
Mr.s B as always I am impressed by your work!

A bit off topic, is Kevlar allowed in the fuse for woodies??
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
onethermal is offline
Find More Posts by onethermal
LSF # 7390 IV
onethermal's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post
Mr.s B as always I am impressed by your work!

A bit off topic, is Kevlar allowed in the fuse for woodies??

No it is not off topic, we talk about wood airplanes and everything that goes with them. flying, contests, beer...I think you get the point.

Now as for kevlar it is fine in fact look back at posts # 618 and 620 those are the basic rules for the wood class.

Clarence
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
Mr B.... is offline
Find More Posts by Mr B....
Mfg of the Marauder & Oculus!
Mr B....'s Avatar
Kevlar make it 2.4 friendly!

Merrill
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
jcstalls is offline
Find More Posts by jcstalls
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
jcstalls's Avatar
"Beer" to most of us is like saying "Squirrel" to a dog.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:33 PM
ak79 is offline
Find More Posts by ak79
ak79's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by onethermal View Post
No it is not off topic, we talk about wood airplanes and everything that goes with them. flying, contests, beer...I think you get the point.

Now as for kevlar it is fine in fact look back at posts # 618 and 620 those are the basic rules for the wood class.

Clarence
Yup I read those, nothing mentioned about Kevlar, so I am going to assume it is Kosher.

B, your molds look awesome!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:00 PM
Mr B.... is offline
Find More Posts by Mr B....
Mfg of the Marauder & Oculus!
Mr B....'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post
Yup I read those, nothing mentioned about Kevlar, so I am going to assume it is Kosher.

B, your molds look awesome!

Thanks that's years and years of training and working with the good stuff in Aerospace. Plus PTM&W is on my way home from work.

Merrill

>Out of the mold untrimmed at 11.88 oz
Last edited by Mr B....; Aug 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
kzimmerm is offline
Find More Posts by kzimmerm
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
kzimmerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B.... View Post
Thanks that's years and years of training and working with the good stuff in Aerospace. Plus PTM&W is on my way home from work.

Merrill
You do nice work!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:19 PM
Mr B.... is offline
Find More Posts by Mr B....
Mfg of the Marauder & Oculus!
Mr B....'s Avatar
So the Red fuse looks fast. Just painted one for ALES lay up. Going to proto this one for the E-fuse.

Merrill
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:55 AM
NZ7C is offline
Find More Posts by NZ7C
Registered User
NZ7C's Avatar

ALES Oculus


Those few of you may have already built a competitive ALES ship I would like to hear what motor/prop.battery combos you have used that will get this ship to 650' in less than 30 seconds. I was going to go with a Hacker A30-12L or 14L but am starting to wonder about the A30-14M or 18M with the 6.7:1 gearbox (huge jump in price). Can anyone share your performance results and motor combos? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
jcstalls is offline
Find More Posts by jcstalls
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
jcstalls's Avatar
Oculus, ALES, E-fuse and Red to boot. Got be a winner.

Merrill, have you considered flap version on your center panels as it seems ALES is not RES restricted?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:05 PM
Jim 17112 is offline
Find More Posts by Jim 17112
Registered User

E-Oculus


Ordered an E version of the Oculus last week. Looking forward to a winter build. I'm currently using an E-Flite Power 15 , 40-Amp Lite Pro ESC, 1300 ma battery with a 12/9 prop in a Big Bird. It's more than enough to get it up fast. I'm considering a similar set-up in my Oculus
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:18 PM
skye8070 is offline
Find More Posts by skye8070
Skye Malcolm, LSF Secretary
skye8070's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B.... View Post
So the Red fuse looks fast. Just painted one for ALES lay up. Going to proto this one for the E-fuse.

Merrill
Red planes always fly the best. Plus you can see them waaaay out there which is handy!


Thread Tools