Mar 19, 2013, 09:43 AM
Crazy Foamie Builder
hey SG...did you do this as elevator and then ailerons?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2013, 07:10 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Hey Dan,

No i just did both sets as elevons. I wanted to have some thrust vectoring with a control surface in the prop stream. It works good.

Dave, I never was a big fan of the Marauder i have thought about doing the Hawk ship though. Future stuff for sure. This season if i have time for building i am going to finish up the ones i started last year. Enterprise-A, Firefly Serenity, Klingon D7, and X-Wing.
Mar 20, 2013, 09:07 AM
Crazy Foamie Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
Hey Dan,

No i just did both sets as elevons. I wanted to have some thrust vectoring with a control surface in the prop stream. It works good.

Dave, I never was a big fan of the Marauder i have thought about doing the Hawk ship though. Future stuff for sure. This season if i have time for building i am going to finish up the ones i started last year. Enterprise-A, Firefly Serenity, Klingon D7, and X-Wing.
ok good to know....may build this finally in a few weeks....gotta decide how i will setup the controls...
Mar 20, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
I did it very simply. Set up as Elevon mix and put a servo splitter on each side. The servos on opposite sides of the vertical mean they move opposite to move the control surfaces the same.
Mar 20, 2013, 01:48 PM
Crazy Foamie Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
I did it very simply. Set up as Elevon mix and put a servo splitter on each side. The servos on opposite sides of the vertical mean they move opposite to move the control surfaces the same.
Yeah programming and servo setup is no issue for me....will see how i want to do it when i get it built....
Mar 12, 2016, 11:42 PM
FILE0017 (1 min 46 sec)

Built this a couple days ago. Finally got a chance to maiden it today. This is the second flight.
Mar 13, 2016, 02:57 PM
skumgummi dave
Video is marked private...
Mar 13, 2016, 04:55 PM
Fixed. Thanks
Mar 14, 2016, 08:18 AM
Thread OP
Looks great Russ! I have tons of designs that get little attention. Really nice to see someone else loves the Buck Starfighter like I do!

FILE0017 (1 min 46 sec)
Mar 14, 2016, 08:22 AM
Thanks. Next project is going to be the battelstar galactia viper. I will let you know how it turns out.
Mar 14, 2016, 09:28 AM
Thread OP
I made plans for a Battlestar Galactica way back when that i never built. If you are interested i could post them up here
Mar 15, 2016, 03:26 PM
Tht viper will be first. I saw the bettlestar plans and thought it would be cool then the viper caught my attention. This is shaping up to be the summer of spacecraft for me. I did a star trek voyager a couple months ago. When I get a video I will post it in the voyager thread.
Aug 02, 2017, 01:35 PM

Bucks starfighter servo setup?

I have decided to build Buck's star fighter as i have just downloaded the plans. I think this will be really cool to fly as I use to be a fan of the show.
I noticed there there are 4 servos. One fore each control surface I guess. Are all 4 servos mixed together as elevons? or are the inner 2 just elevators and the outer 2 ailerons ?
Thank you
Paul

Nevermind, found the answers I was looking for in previous posts in this blog.
Last edited by heartinthesky; Aug 08, 2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: found answer in previous posts.
Aug 09, 2017, 07:47 AM
Thread OP
Hi Paul,

Glad to see there is still some interest in the design!

Let me know if you have have any other questions. Please post pictures when you can!
Oct 25, 2020, 08:21 AM
Retired CAD guy
After a nearly 3 yr lul in activity,
it will be nice to ressurrect exciting design again.

SGtalon has recently given me permission to start offering his designs.
The Buck rogerStarship is the 8th in the series.
Family business and uptiks in th eeconomy have made it impossible for SGTalon
to continue to support the designs. Additionally his kit cutter has
become so busy at his profession that he can no longer do cuttings.

I have simply taken his design files and developed my own CNC cutting scheme
which works for my standarad boxing and use of MPF - Model Plane Foam.

All building information and details should be here in this forum.
disclaimer: I have not personally built or flown this design.

I provide the CNC cut Foam parts only plus a set of Plywood control horns.
See pic for my current layout.

Kits can be ordered on my site ...
https://www.Hoosiercutoutservice.com

I've been doing CNC cutting services continuously since 2005.

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service
Last edited by birdofplay; Oct 25, 2020 at 08:29 AM.

Quick Reply