SG Talon... Super Genius.
Cool

Buck Rogers Starfighter - Plans Available

Oh Yeah!

40" Long - 24" Span.

2408-21 Motor.

Going to be AWESOME!

Plans Are UP!

RC Buck Rogers Starfighter.wmv (5 min 17 sec)
Last edited by SGTalon; Mar 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
AWESOME

can't wait to see final
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:58 PM
gpw
Find More Posts by gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
GEE !!! I just gotta' build one of these !!!

can't wait to see it land ...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by chara
registered foam addict
Cool! when I was a kid I had that as a little metal toy. Loved it!
The ventral fins look vulnerable during landing ...unless you're going to land upside down Good luck! waiting for more!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
but razor blade on it and make it take off from ice lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw View Post
GEE !!! I just gotta' build one of these !!!

can't wait to see it land ...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:28 PM
Find More Posts by SGTalon
I don't know about you guys but i never do running landings with my planes. I always bring them in slow and stall them just above the ground so they drop vertically.

I am thinking that i am going to add a retractable nose gear to this guy just like the real one had! Be my first plane ever with retracts.

I have always loved this ship. I remember watching every episode hated the stupid bidi bidi bidi robot guy.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:45 AM
Find More Posts by dz1sfb
Ken's CAD Models
Ditto on the "bidi bidi bidi".

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:18 AM
gpw
Find More Posts by gpw
gpw
Just for flying , forsaking the scale , look , bidi bidi appearance ... How about putting the wing on the top ??.. Heresy , I know to the true BR fans ....
Although it may be Wonderful landing on a gym floor ... (indoor season approaches) But on our grassy field , even pancake -ing the plane in , those "hooks" on the wingtip would lead to mischief ... OK, what if you just eliminated the "hooks" ???
Is there nothing sacred here ?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by larryross
Registered FFF Addict
Could put clear plastic wheels on the wing tips to go along with your retract nose wheel. Or if you are a fisherman you could use thin piano wire in front of your hooks much like the no snag fishing fooks.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:32 AM
The hooks will probably eliminate themselves on the first landing!

Probably what i will do is change it so there is no hook and put wheels on that lower skid.

There is no way that i will put the skids on top! It wouldn't even be a Starfighter then!!!

Pretty cool looking though huh?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:50 AM
gpw
Find More Posts by gpw
gpw
It would look Cool , but not Exactly BR .... I'm just famous for "First Flight Damage" and know those hooks would be quickly ripped off , with perhaps a good deal of the wing too .... my Luck .. Maybe you could flip it and call it something else ... sportsterize' it ??? Maybe FSW ??? The overall Delta + wings makes an interesting visual , and you know it will probably fly like a Delta , being the largest surface ... your call Dude!!!! ... or both ...
OTOH , indoor it would be really COOL as is , built lightly and using Larry's fish hook idea that would be easy and Fun really zipping around in a big gas bag (space, the indoor frontier) hahahaha
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by JettaManDan
Crazy Foamie Builder
god you SUCK lol!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:36 PM
Dan, why don't you just hold an open blanket order for every kit i make? It will be a lot easier on your mental state to just accept that everything i do you "NEED".
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by Bare
hmmm a wee bit of: "Duck Dodgers in the 21st Century"
So where's Daffy gonna sit??
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by Rasterize
The world in foam & tissue
After looking at pics online, the starfighter has very little in the terms of details. It looks mostly white-ish from 99% of the various pics out there. The only thing skins would do for it is panel lines.
Maybe a nice decal sheet. One you could just print a page with a few key details (emblems, engine, cockpit etc) and cut n glue on after a shot of white paint? Or I could get fancy, print it on a self adhesive vinyl stock and use the wifes Pazzel Inspiriaton cutting machine to make them pre-cut. Hmmm
Cool stuff like a full color decal of the Earth Defense Directorate logo like this one here! It will look wonderful on my engine pylons...and yours too!
Last edited by Rasterize; Aug 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM.