Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 03, 2011, 08:19 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzado
Thanks Scott!
Is there any servo 1520us/560Hz ?
Not even sure that is possible, since 560 hz would be 1786 usec. (i.e. if neutral was 1520 then you would only be able to have +-256 usec of pulse width changes)

Or do you mean 760 usec/560 Hz?

mentioned on the Spartan site:
http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/faq/faq.php?topic=1

Pat MacKenzie
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Not even sure that is possible, since 560 hz would be 1786 usec. (i.e. if neutral was 1520 then you would only be able to have +-256 usec of pulse width changes)

Or do you mean 760 usec/560 Hz?

mentioned on the Spartan site:
http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/faq/faq.php?topic=1

Pat MacKenzie
You're right!
I just asked because at the moment this firmware only supports 1520us servos.
Nov 06, 2011, 02:07 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Hey!

I'm using a Align DS420 with it, does anyone is using similar servo?
I wanted to see the delay settings for it as I still have a bit of an "elastic" feeling in the tail.
Nov 06, 2011, 05:21 PM
Today I replaced the Turnigy DS480 by a Henge 922MG on my 450V2 and the wag is gone. Maybe the DS480 is not in good condition.
I have a new version tested and I will post it soon.
Nov 06, 2011, 05:53 PM
New version available!
Nov 06, 2011, 06:03 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Damm!
I just had it flashed yesterday and assembled it today...

Need to get a 2-Nand...
Nov 06, 2011, 06:30 PM
Retired
Quote:
New version available!
woo hoo!! I can't wait to try this one with my ds480
Nov 07, 2011, 04:53 AM
This helicopter smells funny
Have loaded your new version 4 Cruzado, have only managed to get a quick hover in but it looks good, will test tomorrow at work and do some fine tuning , have combined the main hex and bootloader together if anyone is interested, wont go crazy compiling new timings this time unless someone wants a particular speed.

Thanks for all of your hard work cruzado. Scott
Nov 07, 2011, 05:01 AM
For those who will use the hex file from Scott make sure you set the appropriate fuses in order to the bootloader runs before the application! (The red led will blink for a 4 seconds)
Thanks Scott.
Nov 07, 2011, 05:11 AM
This helicopter smells funny
Quote:
For those who will use the hex file from Scott make sure you set the appropriate fuses in order to the bootloader runs before the application! (The red led will blink for a 4 seconds)
Thanks Scott.
OH didn't even think to check, just programed and checked bootlock 11 and gyro booted up ok ,will check it out

cheers Scott
Nov 07, 2011, 04:41 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyvisco
Have loaded your new version 4 Cruzado, have only managed to get a quick hover in but it looks good, will test tomorrow at work and do some fine tuning , have combined the main hex and bootloader together if anyone is interested, wont go crazy compiling new timings this time unless someone wants a particular speed.

Thanks for all of your hard work cruzado. Scott
Thanks for these files, Scott. 280Hz is the frequency used by the LH GY520 gyro for the digital servo setting. It's a good compromise that most digital servos should be able to handle. But a 333Hz would be nice as well, for servos that can handle it.
Nov 07, 2011, 05:32 PM
Looptastic!
Taking a peek at the assembly language of these chips gives me a deep respect for the work you guys are doing. I ordered an ATmega8 chip (same as the ga-250 has?) to see what i can do with it, now i have an programmer. I think i might be able to switch some LEDs on/off with it
Also nice you add bootloader. Can we use the USB AVR programmer to connect to the gain wire, or do we really have to resort back to a modified serial interface?

One question about the USB programmer: when do i use 3V3 VCC and when 5V?
Nov 07, 2011, 05:35 PM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman
Can we use the USB AVR programmer to connect to the gain wire, or do we really have to resort back to a modified serial interface?
+1 I like this idea with the teraterm. I hope it's possible to do
Nov 07, 2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman
Taking a peek at the assembly language of these chips gives me a deep respect for the work you guys are doing. I ordered an ATmega8 chip (same as the ga-250 has?) to see what i can do with it, now i have an programmer. I think i might be able to switch some LEDs on/off with it
Also nice you add bootloader. Can we use the USB AVR programmer to connect to the gain wire, or do we really have to resort back to a modified serial interface?

One question about the USB programmer: when do i use 3V3 VCC and when 5V?
The bootlader allows you to load a new program through the chip serial interface (rx/tx) for that you need a device like a USB-serial(TTL levels) converter. But if you have available the SPI interface (MOSI, MISO, SCLK, RESET, VCC, GND) you can avoid the bootloader and load the program directly with your programmer.
In the case of this gyro it's better to load the program through the gain connetor than open the gyro everytime and solder 6 wires.
I've modified the a bootloader for the ATmega8 chip to be possible the communication through 1 single wire that's why you should use an extra circuit (2 nands circuit) connected to the USB-serial converter.

You should use 5V to power the gyro.
Nov 07, 2011, 06:38 PM
Looptastic!
So 3v3 is reserved for the smaller chips like ATtiny?
Darn! i just de-soldered the bridge for 3V3 this evening.

An idea for the new firmware: a servo center adjustment option. My CX-1X1000 has that and makes getting 90degree on the servo horn real easy. No more messing with flipping the servo horn around