Jan 22, 2012, 11:03 AM

Occupy Dartmouth!

See you at Dartmouth!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
I plan to have a winch at Curtis about 9:30 am tomarrow (Thursday)
Feb 01, 2012, 06:30 PM
The weather should be good so I plan to have a winch at Curtis about 9:30 am tomarrow (Thursday)
Last edited by Barnikal; Feb 02, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Feb 02, 2012, 05:32 PM
Thank you for bringing the winch today.

I really need practice launching, flying and landing the Arty.
Feb 03, 2012, 10:46 PM

Sunday 2/5 Dartmouth.

I will be bring the winch.

Ken from Japan
Feb 05, 2012, 05:33 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Looks like I missed a fine day. Yesterday I had a migraine. While the meds worked well enough, they tend to keep me up all night. I didn't fall asleep until four, and didn't wake up today until nearly noon. Next week, I fly!
Feb 05, 2012, 06:23 PM
Thank you Ken for bringing the winch today.

A long list of people deserve thanks for help launching and providing tuning advice. Bruce, Ken, Bob, Ron and Al - Thank You!

A good day, with enough lift to work on cleaning up my thermal turns. I finally broke the 10 minute barrier, plus the 15 and 20 minute barriers too.

It's so nice to be flying at Dartmouth again.
Feb 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Looks like it will be a good day so I'll bring the winch to Curtis Thursday.
Dick
Feb 08, 2012, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
Dick you beat me to posting. See you tomorow at Curtis.
-tim
Feb 08, 2012, 09:19 PM
Tim, I don't have a retreiver!!
Dick
Feb 08, 2012, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
I'll bring both a winch and retriever.
Feb 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
Tim, thank you for bringing the winch and retriever. A retriever really helps. Gliders were in the sky, rather than a line waiting to launch.

Someone seems to have decided to use kids as human fences.

They set cones out covering the field and ran laps around the cones. Their cone placements had them running over the tow-lines, along the apartments, and across the full width of the field between the parking lot and winch. They're shifting their activities further toward the apartments. If their pattern holds, next week they will suddenly run out and start doing push ups and kicking a ball around in an area crossing the tow-line.
Last edited by LizardMan; Feb 10, 2012 at 05:22 AM.
Feb 11, 2012, 12:59 PM

Feb 12 Sunday

I will bring the winch to Dartmouth if the weather is good.
I will post here around 8am.

Ken from Japan
Feb 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
Tim, thank you for bringing the winch and retriever. A retriever really helps. Gliders were in the sky, rather than a line waiting to launch.

Someone seems to have decided to use kids as human fences.

They set cones out covering the field and ran laps around the cones. Their cone placements had them running over the tow-lines, along the apartments, and across the full width of the field between the parking lot and winch. They're shifting their activities further toward the apartments. If their pattern holds, next week they will suddenly run out and start doing push ups and kicking a ball around in an area crossing the tow-line.
Keep in mind we're supposed to have use of the field the last Sunday of the month and we do furnish liability insurance to the SC Park & Rec.

Yes, Thursday was a challenge. I purposely stopped flying to try and entertain the 4 yr olds running around at the end of the field, but didn't have the FPG-9's to pass out to try and keep them at the edge of the field. And as far as the classes and cones, we've been most successful in cooperating with the Monticello gym teacher who I've met on several occasions. He's expressed interest in flying, but has yet to do so.

If you're so inclined, chat with the instructors and invite them to fly. I recollect the principal at Monticello interceded on our behalf to stave off a challenge from the juvenile school wanting to kick us off. Bottom line, we need to be cordial and respectful. I'd sure hate to see the schools making a complaint to the field administrators.

Noel

Quick Reply