Hooper, full throttle!
Sure.... why not ill play too. Just a PZ 109 for me thanks
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2011, 05:03 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Gordon-- Can you do a passable impression of Churchill? Perhaps you can recite for us his "The Few" speech to the House of Commons...

Now there's a contest: Who can do the best Churchill impersonation? I've grown the belly but lack the presence. (Not mocking Winnie in any way here. I truly believe that as far as individual men go that he's second only to JC in his importance to modern western civilization's survival. Third might be Dowding)
I downloaded a short section of "their finest hour" in MP3 format. I will play it over the pa System before we start.

Tom
Sep 24, 2011, 05:50 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Tom-- Thanks for letting us do the Battle of Britain. Ity was a pretty cool sight. Hope the guys want to do it again next year.
Thanks,
Mike

Did anyone get pics or video of it?
Sep 24, 2011, 07:27 PM
Closed Account
If you do have it again next year, SOMEBODY has to bring a Hurricane, since the Hurri's outnumbered the Spits 2 to 1 in the B of B!

CD
Sep 24, 2011, 10:15 PM
I had my Windrider Hurricane in the BCSF Tent but it arrived only a few days before the NEAT Fair so it wasn't done yet. Next year...
Sep 25, 2011, 07:49 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Yup... Next year will be better...... We should do it similar to the Rhinebeck flight pattern so we dont get too much of that full contact combat that sometimes occurs during the mass warbird launch.....
Sep 26, 2011, 06:48 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
I had my Windrider Hurricane in the BCSF Tent but it arrived only a few days before the NEAT Fair so it wasn't done yet. Next year...
I am doing mine as a true BoB model too, have not picked the scheme yet, but it should easily be ready for NEAT 2012! Don't forget to get a lot of flying in next year as the end of the world is Dec 21st 2012! Shame, where am I gonna keep all my stuff?
Sep 27, 2011, 06:21 AM
Neat Fair 2012 should open with a flight from the Mayan Rocket Man so we appease the gods of the appocalypse
Sep 27, 2011, 09:09 AM
Since I busted my Platt Spitfire before NEAT, I got a New Topflite Gold Spitfire KIT, yes a kit. I love the smell of Balsa in the morning!! or was that napalm??? I will be ready for BoB big plane flight next year and hopefully The Cradle of Aviation show in March (display). It's a house load of lumber in the box... got the tail feathers built up already.. fuse next..
And Thanks for another great time... I have pix of movie nite to post later..
Dennis
Sep 27, 2011, 11:44 AM
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. It's the first time I've flown in a mass warbird launch of any kind. It was a blast. I only had two near misses. I was flying the little Spitfire with the black and white undersides and spent most of the flight chasing a PZ Me109. I'll have the big Spitfire for next year.

I'm looking for a "historical" reason to suggest to Tom a flight of WW1 aircraft.

Mike

Looking forward to seeing those movie night pics!
Sep 27, 2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:

I'm looking for a "historical" reason to suggest to Tom a flight of WW1 aircraft.
Who needs a reason for Dawn Patrol other than it's a blast!
Sep 27, 2011, 07:31 PM
True enough Peter but here's a great reason from Pips on www.theaerodrome.com :

"Want a reason for lots of planes? How about the air battle supporting of the battle of St. Mihiel (12-16 September 1918)?

St. Mihiel was arguably the greatest air battle of the Great War. Some 1400 allied (RAF, USAS and Aviation Militaire) air planes participated in the offensive. They were opposed by approx 500 German aircraft in the four days of the battle."

Works for me. Who's in for next year if Tom is amenable?

Mike
Sep 27, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hey ! I in for mass WW1 in the morning fog!! Electrifly and similar WW1 in size. I will sacrifice my D7 and have a foam Camel that needs a reason to be finished ! Here are a few pics of the fog and BoB tent.

Dennis
Oct 03, 2011, 12:57 PM
This is what I'd like to see next year except more!
Oct 04, 2011, 06:55 AM
this is what I'd like to build but need documetation that it did fly at the BoB

Its an FW42

Quick Reply