Aug 22, 2011, 10:25 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new Hobby King Lancaster will be available in time to fly in the BoB flight. Now that would be very cool. I'm going to remotor my Wellington and give it a quick repaint. I could fly one of the Spitfires. If I do it'll likely be the Hobby Lobby Kyosho Arium that I repainted in early 1940 BoB colors. The black and white bottom is very distinctive in the air.

to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
Since the Flycatcher was out of service before 1936, it looks like I'm going to have to put the Harrow back into service for the BofB flight. Darn, I just finished pulling the gear out, too!

CD
Aug 23, 2011, 08:24 PM
D.G.B.
Is there a size limt to the planes?I 'll have a "40size glow to electric conversion"of a Fw 190-a focke Wulf.
stefanP
Aug 23, 2011, 09:34 PM

The Definitive Aircraft List

The following link lists the aircraft flown in combat in the Battle of Britain. This will be considered the definitive list of acceptable aircraft. I've added to it aircraft on the ground which would have been targets of the raids in order to make it as comprehensive as possible and to include as many pilots as possible.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/airpower.html

British Aircraft

Hawker Hurricane
Supermarine Spitfire
Boulton Paul Defiant
Bristol Blenheim
Gloster Gladiator
Bristol Beaufighter
Supermarine Seagull
Saunders Roe Walrus
de Havilland Tiger Moth
Westland Lysander
Short Sunderland
Short Stirling
Armstrong Whitworth Whitley
Handley Page Harrow
Handley Page Hampden
Avro Lancaster
Vickers Wellington

German Aircraft

Messerschmitt Bf/Me-109
Messerschmitt Me-110 Zerstörer
Junkers Ju-87 Stuka
Junkers Ju-88
Heinkel He-111
Heinkel He-113
Heinkel He-115
Heinkel He-59
Dornier Do-17
Dornier Do-215
Dornier Do-18
Arado Ar196
Focke-Wulf FW200
Last edited by CarreraGTSCS; Aug 23, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Aug 23, 2011, 09:52 PM
Please feel free to make me aware of any that I've missed.

Mike
Aug 24, 2011, 07:20 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
I have a Night operations Spitfire and a ME 109......

Don't know if Capt Wild Bill Kelso will show up at the mass launch but he will be there for movie night.....

Wild Bill and his P40 (1 min 42 sec)
Aug 24, 2011, 07:55 AM
Balsa Flies Better!
Hi Mike

What about aircraft that are later developments of what was flown during the battle? For example- Me-109G compared with an E or F, or perhaps more egregious- and the one I've got- an Easy Built Spitfire which is a bubble top version, probably something like an F-22/24 although it's pretty far from scale. But this was an airplane that flew in '44 or so. How persnickety are people going to be here?

Sam
Aug 24, 2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megowcoupe View Post
Hi Mike

What about aircraft that are later developments of what was flown during the battle? For example- Me-109G compared with an E or F, or perhaps more egregious- and the one I've got- an Easy Built Spitfire which is a bubble top version, probably something like an F-22/24 although it's pretty far from scale. But this was an airplane that flew in '44 or so. How persnickety are people going to be here?

Sam
I think your Spitty is ok as long as the paint colors are close to BoB era. Later versions of the -109 are going to have to be ok. The PZ Me-109 is ok even though it's a post-BoB model. If we get too "persnickety" as you say then we won't have enough Axis aircraft.

Pete's Chinese Zero is still out!
Sep 05, 2011, 05:45 PM
getting ready some surprises
Sep 07, 2011, 12:00 PM
I have 2-ME-109's and a Spit (1/12 scale) for Mass WB and BoB. Hopefully I come home with 3 aircraft and a Dawn Patrol SE5a.. I'm signed up!

Dennis
Sep 07, 2011, 12:17 PM
You are in for both. Should be fun.
Sep 11, 2011, 10:12 AM
long awaited pictures of project X
Sep 11, 2011, 06:56 PM
Balsa Flies Better!
I'm probably not making it on Thurs : ( gotta meeting I've got to go to. However, this thread did inspire me to take down my weary Spit and put it in the air today- flew OK actually. Tried to get some of my clubmates to take it, but it sounds like everybody's going on Friday. I may try to as well.

Sam
Sep 13, 2011, 10:31 AM
I've gotten a couple of notes on the BoB event and the tent activities. I've been preoccupied with flood repairs and work to get back to a lot of people so please accept my apologies for seemingly ignoring you. If you wouldn't mind please post here your intent to participate in the flight. Additionally, if you plan to attend the Bangers, Mash and Pints with movies in the BCSF Big Top Tent afterwards please note that here too. Walk-ins and last minute entrants cheerfully invited. Remember that joining the flight is free if you're a registered NEAT pilot and the tent is $10 for a weekend of fun and suds.

Mike
BCSF NEAT Fair Event Liaison
Tent Captain
Sep 13, 2011, 10:46 AM
got any foam to bash?
Right now I am flying either:
FSK BF-110 with retracts and differential motor for rudder
or
Brian Taylor 69" BF-109E (if the skies are not too crowded)

If you check the weather for later thursday, you might see some "typical" english weather for Sept roll in!

Tom