How to set up Flaperons on an E-Flite Beast UMX with a DX8
How to set up Flaperons on an E-FLite Beast UMX
(or anything with a AR6400LBL) with a DX8
1. Create a new model profile
- select flaperon wing type
- modify existing? Might work...just make sure your servos are all set to Norm, not Rev.
- make sure your aileron and elevator rates are set to 100%
- re-bind plane
2. Check to see if Ch6 is already set as a reversed ch2 in the AR6400LBL
- turn on radio and then RX
- go to the Servos page
- check movement of ailerons
- reverse left aileron servo
- if the left servo reverses then it's already been switched. change it back and set up your flaperons on the Flaps page(step 5).
3. Change the AR6400LBL Ch6 to a reversed Ch2
- turn on the TX
- throttle to full
- hold right stick to down and left(for Mode 2 radios)
- power on rx, wait for 3 blinks
- turn off rx and tx
4. Check that servos are now independent
- now, the left aileron should be on Ch6, which is labeled Left Aileron in a DX8. Otherwise it might be Aux1.
- power everything up and check the aileron movement...they probably move the same way
- if they both move the same way, reverse the left aileron servo on the Servo page
- Go to the Flaps page
- set up the % to your liking (-20% and -35% for me)
- TEST it
6. Change your rates back. I already had dual rates set up so it was just a flip of the switch. Reverse servos in the TX as needed.
Last edited by 92PathSE; Aug 22, 2011 at 09:19 AM.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Article||E-flite UMX Beast BNF Review||sun.flyer||Micro Ready-to-Fly||38||Jun 04, 2012 11:00 PM|
|Sold||E-flite umx beast for sale||ryanburns22||Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W)||3||Aug 11, 2011 11:15 AM|
|Question||How to set up normal Heli flying on DX8||fearlesshugo||Electric Heli Talk||0||Jul 17, 2011 04:39 AM|
|Sold||E-Flite UMX BEAST||YarSmythe||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Jun 29, 2011 05:39 PM|
|Sold||E-Flite UMX BEAST||YarSmythe||Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Jun 29, 2011 01:09 PM|