Aug 19, 2011, 07:28 AM
Quad Whisperer
Thread OP
Discussion

Firmware for the KK Micro by JussiH or other KK's using the IDG500 gyro

This firmware was adjusted to the KK Micro. Since it came with a 168 I added the possibility to select stick sensitivity with stick commands when arming.

Right stick UP and LEFT: Low for hovering and AP.

UP: Medium for flying around.

UP and Right: Warthox Mode! This really takes advance of the 500 deg/sec maximum of the gyro Expo recommended.

The mode is stored in EEPROM, so it will be effective until changed with another mode.

This firmware will also be useful for the "Nintendo Tear-down Crew" using KK with Wii gyros.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2011, 08:05 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
This firmware will also be useful for the "Nintendo Tear-down Crew" using KK with Wii gyros.
lol!
Aug 19, 2011, 02:06 PM
yiiheaa im ready lets take a ride
thanks rolf for the special fw
will test it on weekend..

will there also be a version for quad x?

Last edited by warthox; Aug 19, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
Aug 19, 2011, 02:06 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
Thanks...will test when the weather improves a bit here!
Aug 22, 2011, 04:35 AM
Pardon my lack of knowledge, reading ???
but where can you buy the kk boards with idg 500 gyros ? Whats the main Diff`???

Is there any news or future plans for Accelerometers (for autolevel).

regards
Jubbee
Aug 22, 2011, 04:39 AM
The board that Warthox has on his quad will very soon be available from KKmulticopter.com and viacopter.eu

No addons for Accel, GPS and similar are planned ATM. For those you can look into Multiwiicopter or OpenPilot.
Aug 22, 2011, 06:07 AM
OK Thanks,
So whats the Advantage with the IDG 500?
Aug 22, 2011, 06:19 AM
Better precision, less temperature drift, no need for extra PCB for yaw gyro, simpler assembly, price....

Gyrostars will probably also become unobtanium soon, as the factory that produces them was wiped out by the quake in Japan....
Aug 23, 2011, 03:08 AM
Sounds good, thanks for the info.

Any talk or ideas on implementing accelerometers for the KK board so
it can Autolevel.
Aug 23, 2011, 03:37 AM
not surprised.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbee
Sounds good, thanks for the info.

Any talk or ideas on implementing accelerometers for the KK board so
it can Autolevel.
+1 pretty please
Aug 23, 2011, 03:47 AM
Well, I am not a coder, so this answer is probably not definitive....

The main issue with the KK controller is the fact that we use the internal oscillator and run it at 8 Mhz. To my knowledge, we are already stretching the ressources of the AVR pretty thin and the angle calculations and filters needed for a proper autolevel is probably gonna be too tall an order for an Atmega running @ 8Mhz on internal clock!

In theory it can be done, as we have 2 free ADC´s available. In practice, I dont think its gonna happen...but you never know

If you want something more advanced with autolevel capability, you should look into Multiwiicopter or OpenPilot CopterControl! Both platforms have autolevel, and a lot of other useful features. I have flown both platforms and they perform very well.

For multiwiicopter there will very soon be a "mini" board available from me. This will come standard with 3 axis gyro and accel, and there is magnetometer and barometer breakouts available for it!

OpenPilot CopterControl is available thru the OP shops....
Aug 23, 2011, 04:29 AM
not surprised.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
For multiwiicopter there will very soon be a "mini" board available from me. This will come standard with 3 axis gyro and accel, and there is magnetometer and barometer breakouts available for it!

Do you have a website or do you supply via P.M. only ?
Aug 23, 2011, 05:00 AM
www.viacopter.eu
Aug 23, 2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
Well, I am not a coder, so this answer is probably not definitive....

The main issue with the KK controller is the fact that we use the internal oscillator and run it at 8 Mhz. To my knowledge, we are already stretching the ressources of the AVR pretty thin and the angle calculations and filters needed for a proper autolevel is probably gonna be too tall an order for an Atmega running @ 8Mhz on internal clock!

In theory it can be done, as we have 2 free ADC´s available. In practice, I dont think its gonna happen...but you never know

If you want something more advanced with autolevel capability, you should look into Multiwiicopter or OpenPilot CopterControl! Both platforms have autolevel, and a lot of other useful features. I have flown both platforms and they perform very well.

the multiwii board you mention, will that have autolevel as standard? is my thinking that the barometer is for height levelling?
Aug 23, 2011, 06:32 AM
Master of Flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul
the multiwii board you mention, will that have autolevel as standard? is my thinking that the barometer is for height levelling?
Quote:
This will come standard with 3 axis gyro and accel,
Yes, that is what Jussi wrote.

Quick Reply