Any Issues Using DSM2 Radio w DSMX Receiver? - RC Groups
Aug 18, 2011, 06:12 PM
Discussion

Any Issues Using DSM2 Radio w DSMX Receiver?

I am still using a DX6i DSM2 radio. Wanted to know if there are any know issues using DSM2 with a DSMX receiver (that's all that my LHS) has in stock. Planning on getting the AR6210 6-Channel DSMX Receiver for my new 51' Slick.

Or, am I better off just upgrading to the DX8 and getting the package with the two free recivers? I was planning on getting DX8 at some point but I'd like all of the bugs to be worked out first......

Appreciate your input....
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2011, 06:16 PM
The DSMX receivers are also DSM2 receivers. No problem with compatibility. Plus you get Flight Log support with the DSMX receivers and don't give up any DSM2 features when they're bound to a transmitter in DSM2 mode. Best of both worlds!

Andy
Aug 18, 2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
The DSMX receivers are also DSM2 receivers. No problem with compatibility. Plus you get Flight Log support with the DSMX receivers and don't give up any DSM2 features when they're bound to a transmitter in DSM2 mode. Best of both worlds!

Andy
Thanks Andy! Do I need to do anything different or just bind and range check the receiver as if it were a DSM2 receiver?
Aug 18, 2011, 06:24 PM
Use it exactly the same way.

Andy
Aug 18, 2011, 06:51 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_
... I was planning on getting DX8 at some point but I'd like all of the bugs to be worked out first......Appreciate your input....
You may end up waiting a long time if that’s the only thing stopping you. With every update (AirWare) comes along minor programming bugs or issues but not every reported issue affects everyone.

The latest update has a reported issue that requires specific programming to reproduce it & has been this way from the beginning where not everybody experienced the same issues because not everybody uses it the same way.

It was a good deal back then and now with the added RX it's even better. Would hate for it to end before you decided to get it.

PS: Keep the DX6i as backup or buddy box.
Aug 18, 2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
You may end up waiting a long time if that’s the only thing stopping you. With every update (AirWare) comes along minor programming bugs or issues but not every reported issue affects everyone.

The latest update has a reported issue that requires specific programming to reproduce it & has been this way from the beginning where not everybody experienced the same issues because not everybody uses it the same way.

It was a good deal back then and now with the added RX it's even better. Would hate for it to end before you decided to get it.

PS: Keep the DX6i as backup or buddy box.
I am really on the fence. I will need another receiver fairly soon for a 71' slick too. I am not very interested in the 11x JR due the price, and that was really the only other radio I have been considering.

Do you know if the version with the free receiver is the latest and greatest? Has the gimbal issue been addressed with this version?
Aug 18, 2011, 07:52 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Yes. It may have version 2.02 in it but you can upgrade to 2.03 once you purchase it.
Aug 18, 2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_
Do you know if the version with the free receiver is the latest and greatest? Has the gimbal issue been addressed with this version?
Yes, providing it's a combo package when we shipped it.

Yes, it will also probably be version 2.02 if it comes from us.

We stopped shipping non-updated radios when the Service Bulletin was published, and updated all our inventory. Since then we've gotten updated-from-the-factory units (noted as version 2.02 code) which other users here have also confirmed as updated (not on the SB list). This was several months ago.

Unless you're buying from a seller who doesn't sell much, you have virtually no chance of getting one that isn't updated.

Andy