Thread Tools
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:53 AM
socommk23 is offline
Find More Posts by socommk23
always looking for clouds
socommk23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
Whatever guys

So for $150 more than a Stryker Q you're getting landing gear, better looks, more powerful ESC, bigger battery, an extra servo, single axis VT, Carbon/Ply reinforced airframe and MOST OF ALL A 32e MOTOR!!!! Do you understand the magnitude of size difference against a 480?

We are talking about a wing that is 5" wider and a whopping 11" longer than the Styker. She comes in at about 4 and a half pounds. And just like that little Ceasar's comercial of old; "dat's alata pizza uncle Ed!".


And I don't even own a wing...sheesh!!

Peace - Out
the motor size doesnt mean itll be a better plane! afterall its bigger and heavyer and needs the extra power. does it add up to being a better plane?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 12:17 PM
JIMBOJONES is offline
Find More Posts by JIMBOJONES
Registered User
JIMBOJONES's Avatar
So then what can it do that a Stryker Q cannot?
Old Sep 06, 2011, 12:39 PM
GryphonRCU is offline
Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
Looks like a separate thread is needed "Future suggestions for Horizon".

I thought this thread was for people who like this plane.

Covering topics such as:
The tricks this plane can do.
Suggested mods
Failure points (if any)
Optional parts
Aftermarket parts
Suggestions for next revision of it 1-2 years.
Tips and tricks
Repair
Other useful topics regarding this plane

For people who don't like this plane: What are you doing here?
Too expensive? Sure, for some people. Go in other threads where the price is more to your liking/budget.

Enough of the negativity.

Servo discussions and such are valid topics....but some of the other stuff is getting weird.
Isn't there better stuff to do? Go watch some TV or something.


Gryphon
Old Sep 06, 2011, 12:54 PM
javabeans is offline
Find More Posts by javabeans
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Go watch some TV or something.


Gryphon


Lol. I agree, I love this plane and can deal with the price.

I'd rather have vertical vectoring because of the way I fly, but I'm not going bash them for it. I think this is an awesome plane!
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:02 PM
JIMBOJONES is offline
Find More Posts by JIMBOJONES
Registered User
JIMBOJONES's Avatar
NO

The thread is a discussion about the plane.

Thus far i have seen alot of questions and comments asking how is this better than what is previously offered ?, and how does the price point match the improvements?
If someone can tell us all that it flies and performs twice as good as what is currently available then so be it, but until that happens we should be allowed to ask the real questions that concern each individual.

If discussion is no longer about difference and communication then maybe we should start giving out "participation trophies" instead of first and second place.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 02:37 PM
socommk23 is offline
Find More Posts by socommk23
always looking for clouds
socommk23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOJONES View Post
NO

The thread is a discussion about the plane.

Thus far i have seen alot of questions and comments asking how is this better than what is previously offered ?, and how does the price point match the improvements?
If someone can tell us all that it flies and performs twice as good as what is currently available then so be it, but until that happens we should be allowed to ask the real questions that concern each individual.

If discussion is no longer about difference and communication then maybe we should start giving out "participation trophies" instead of first and second place.
good posting!

i want to see if the extra expence means more than is already available.
here i bought the stryker Q for 130
the shimitar is 250
is it worth it?
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:43 PM
SmartMartY is offline
Find More Posts by SmartMartY
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23 View Post
good posting!

i want to see if the extra expence means more than is already available.
here i bought the stryker Q for 130
the shimitar is 250
is it worth it?
Unless you have very deep pockets, I doubt it
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:13 PM
flydown is offline
Find More Posts by flydown
Registered User
flydown's Avatar
Making comparisons about performance and value of a plane that has not even come out yet, or flown by any of us is all quite speculative until we get our hands on one. Value is a perceived differently by everyone. Performance always comes at some cost.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:30 PM
team222badbrad is offline
Find More Posts by team222badbrad
Registered RC Addict
Stryker Q

Wingspan: 37.1 in (943mm)
Overall Length: 24.1 in (612mm)
Flying Weight: 30 oz (855g)
Motor Size: 480 size Brushless Outrunner 2200 Kv (installed)
Radio: AR600 6-channel receiver (installed)
Servos: Four (4) DSV130M digital metal geared servos
Prop Size: 6" x 6"
Speed Control : 40A (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 2200mAh 25C LiPo Battery (included)

Scimitar

Wingspan: 42.6 in (1080mm)
Overall Length: 35.0 in (889mm)
Flying Weight: 4.40 lb (2.0 kg)
Motor Size: 32-size 1010Kv Brushless Outrunner (installed)
Radio: AR600 6-channel DSMX receiver (installed)
Servos: 5 digital high-speed, high-power sub-micro servos; 1 digital high-power metal-gear mini servo (installed)
Prop Size: 10 x 8
Speed Control : 60-Amp Pro SB Brushless with Switch-Mode BEC (installed)
Recommended Battery: 4S 14.8V 30C 3200mAh LiPo (included)
Wing Area: 565 sq. in. (36.5 sq. dm.)
Wing Loading: 17.9 oz/sq. ft.


What I'd be interested in finding out is what the wing loading of the Q is vs the Scimitar. Sure it weighs more, but is the wing loading greater or lesser than the Q?
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:56 PM
junglegym is offline
Find More Posts by junglegym
3 Strykers,your out !
junglegym's Avatar
Shape Reminds me of one of these, but on Steroids.

Delta Rocket - if it is speeeed what you want! (1 min 39 sec)


Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:10 PM
tclaridge is offline
Find More Posts by tclaridge
Registered User

Don't Knock It 'til Ya Fly It


The comparison between the 27Q and the Scimitar reminds me of the comparison between the Parkzone Habu, and the Eflite Habu 32: just a few more inches in wing span, 15 size vs. 32 size motor, more cost . . .

But the difference is the Habu 32 will BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF compared to the smooth "casual" flying of the PZ Habu (I have both). They are both great airplanes, but the upgrade to the more advanced, slightly bigger Habu 32 is WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!

So let's not knock it 'till we fly it. Then let the pilot's reports tell us if it is a good value.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:36 PM
onefastxp is offline
Find More Posts by onefastxp
crashing build's character.
i can see this plane on 5s
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:23 AM
GryphonRCU is offline
Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
i can see this plane on 5s
I can see the count gradually going higher and higher and not stopping before 12S.


hmmmm...If Stryker F27C can take 12S-4000, then this bigger plane could take-------.

Gryphon
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:41 AM
XtremeWingRC is online now
Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Scobee Field & HTOWN FPV
XtremeWingRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
I can see the count gradually going higher and higher and not stopping before 12S.


hmmmm...If Stryker F27C can take 12S-4000, then this bigger plane could take-------.

Gryphon
I like your thinking Gryph. I'll let you guys be the first to do something murdoc-ish then i'll be hooked on doing the same

casey
Old Sep 07, 2011, 03:58 AM
socommk23 is offline
Find More Posts by socommk23
always looking for clouds
socommk23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
The comparison between the 27Q and the Scimitar reminds me of the comparison between the Parkzone Habu, and the Eflite Habu 32: just a few more inches in wing span, 15 size vs. 32 size motor, more cost . . .

But the difference is the Habu 32 will BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF compared to the smooth "casual" flying of the PZ Habu (I have both). They are both great airplanes, but the upgrade to the more advanced, slightly bigger Habu 32 is WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!

So let's not knock it 'till we fly it. Then let the pilot's reports tell us if it is a good value.
I guess only if your after flatout speed though. Fast is cool but tbh not everything. Id want to see new stunts.


Thread Tools