Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 04, 2013, 05:51 PM
Registered User
bladeguy5's Avatar
Gotta watch out tho certain parts like the ruder fins have never been in stock
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2013, 05:53 PM
Registered User
bladeguy5's Avatar
delete
Last edited by bladeguy5; Feb 05, 2013 at 06:47 AM.
Feb 04, 2013, 07:26 PM
Registered User
A 7x6 would barely have enough thrust to get the plane off the ground.
Feb 04, 2013, 07:51 PM
Registered User
You're going from a 10X8 to a 7X6 prop. Unless you can spin that thing 3 to 4 times faster, it's going nowhere. Will it even taxi on lumpy grass?
Feb 04, 2013, 10:05 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Build this bad boy up. Rather simple and straight forward. Seems well designed and good quality which we would expect from HH.

Used a orange 6ch and a satellite I had laying around. Downloaded QQ dx8 file and changed a few settings. Set the d/r and the TV to the F-stop using n,1 & 2, going to treat this like my helis and idle up/stunt mode.

I dumped the ec3 extension harness and direct soldered. I removed the optional retract extensions. I always place heat shrink over my connection points where extensions are used. Going to balance the prop tomorrow, I stuck it on my balancer its she's off. Also going to throw some tape on my leading edges tomorrow.
Feb 04, 2013, 10:46 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Manual CG OK fellas?

Unfortunately all I have is a 4s 3200 20c laying around :thumbdown:

I need to grab some better packs ASAP!
Feb 04, 2013, 10:59 PM
Registered User
Fentonflyers's Avatar
Probably would put that pretty far toward the front. I have Turnigy 30c 3300's and a 3600 that I use. I usually line them up with the seam between the fuse and the nose.

Be carefull with that thing too close to the garbage can. That could be some bad Karma
Feb 04, 2013, 11:13 PM
Corsair Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
It's pretty easy to land on grass. Paved runways are a lot tougher. Add wind and or cross wind and it can be challenging...
Are you (incorrectly) assuming I am landing in grass?
Garry K.
Feb 05, 2013, 04:58 AM
Redneck Injuneer
bill34207's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401
Manual CG OK fellas?

Unfortunately all I have is a 4s 3200 20c laying around :thumbdown:

I need to grab some better packs ASAP!
Hey D. You got one of these too huh?
I wound up putting a 4000 ma pack in mine (shoved all the way forward) to get it to balance at the suggested CG.
Maidened it Sunday (no video though) and it flew well at the 560 mm mark. I forgot to switch to low rate on the rudder and a steering correction on landing wound up testing the built in wingtip skids. They work well with no damage done.
Feb 05, 2013, 04:59 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401
Manual CG OK fellas?

Unfortunately all I have is a 4s 3200 20c laying around :thumbdown:

I need to grab some better packs ASAP!
That's going to go as far forward as you can. I've got the stock battery full forward and a 65c 3300 5s at the nose attachment point and those balance at the front of the recommended cg.
Feb 05, 2013, 05:38 AM
Redneck Injuneer
bill34207's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez
That's going to go as far forward as you can. I've got the stock battery full forward and a 65c 3300 5s at the nose attachment point and those balance at the front of the recommended cg.
I haven't really scanned through this thread (just went looking to see if there was one this morning). You can run 5s with the stock esc/motor'prop setup?
Feb 05, 2013, 07:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207
I haven't really scanned through this thread (just went looking to see if there was one this morning). You can run 5s with the stock esc/motor'prop setup?
Definitely not. I'm running an ICE 100. It pulls 98amps and 1600w continuous on the bench with an APC 9x9e. I'm not sure how long the stock motor will last once the weather warms up.
Feb 05, 2013, 08:15 AM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207
Hey D. You got one of these too huh?
I wound up putting a 4000 ma pack in mine (shoved all the way forward) to get it to balance at the suggested CG.
Maidened it Sunday (no video though) and it flew well at the 560 mm mark. I forgot to switch to low rate on the rudder and a steering correction on landing wound up testing the built in wingtip skids. They work well with no damage done.
He buddy. Yea picked one up in the sale. Haven't maidened it yet. Glad to know the tip skids work good lol... Thanks for the info.
Feb 05, 2013, 09:07 AM
Corsair Captain
Finally uploaded my maiden landing. Took a lot of expo out of it for a more linear elevator and every landing since has been great.

20130201 113747 (1 min 33 sec)


Garry K.
Feb 05, 2013, 09:20 AM
Corsair Captain
I know it's in reverse order, and for some reason the quality sucks, but you can tell from the comments that the up trim should have been put in about 5 clicks to have a smoother take off. As soon as I relaxed the up elevator after rotation, she wanted to go right back down.

20130201 113145 (1 min 15 sec)


Garry K.


Thread Tools