New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hawkeye2 is offline
Find More Posts by Hawkeye2
Registered User
Hawkeye2's Avatar
After.burner, Dr.Tom, could you post the source for the 2Hz Update patch?
I set SCREEN_AND_SENSOR_UPDATES_PER_SEC to 2, but it has no impact on the GPS/Home Arrow speed...
Thanks a lot!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
FPV Pilot is offline
Find More Posts by FPV Pilot
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye2 View Post
After.burner, Dr.Tom, could you post the source for the 2Hz Update patch?
I set SCREEN_AND_SENSOR_UPDATES_PER_SEC to 2, but it has no impact on the GPS/Home Arrow speed...
Thanks a lot!
that's a hardware limitation, the GPS that comes with it absolutely SUCKS and has a 1Hz update rate. and the data is 3-5 seconds behind.

you need a new gps module(10hz) for better home arrow
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:28 AM
marchino65 is offline
Find More Posts by marchino65
Registered User
marchino65's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygogo View Post
why would you want to use it with an eosd if you have a remzibi?
Hi,
because it is a clone broken
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hawkeye2 is offline
Find More Posts by Hawkeye2
Registered User
Hawkeye2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV Pilot View Post
that's a hardware limitation, the GPS that comes with it absolutely SUCKS and has a 1Hz update rate. and the data is 3-5 seconds behind.

you need a new gps module(10hz) for better home arrow
Thanks, man! Do you have any suggestions for a cheap Higher-Hertz GPS Alternative?
Many greetings!
Peter
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:52 AM
frank48 is online now
Find More Posts by frank48
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye2 View Post
Thanks, man! Do you have any suggestions for a cheap Higher-Hertz GPS Alternative?
Many greetings!
Peter
I got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708044201...84.m1423.l2649
Seller accepted 16.00 and has free shippinf

I havent tried it yet but I think the specs are really good

Frank
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:02 AM
FPV Pilot is offline
Find More Posts by FPV Pilot
Suspended Account
i would just get the gps module from hobbyking. the one that is supposed to be for the other OSD.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hawkeye2 is offline
Find More Posts by Hawkeye2
Registered User
Hawkeye2's Avatar
Thanks! Will try one of these!
Bye! Peter
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:59 AM
marchino65 is offline
Find More Posts by marchino65
Registered User
marchino65's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
I got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708044201...84.m1423.l2649
Seller accepted 16.00 and has free shippinf

I havent tried it yet but I think the specs are really good

Frank
Hi,
but it is better than to have the Breakout Board ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-GPS-...ht_3107wt_1270
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:22 PM
frank48 is online now
Find More Posts by frank48
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchino65 View Post
Hi,
but it is better than to have the Breakout Board ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-GPS-...ht_3107wt_1270
Wow - yes thats a good deal, I got mine a few weeks ago before that was listed.
Nice find

Frank
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:49 PM
callelj is offline
Find More Posts by callelj
CL-OSD developer
Wow, I go on a holiday and the forum explodes with questions.

I'm sorry if I don't answer your questions but I have a hard time finding time to work on this project right now.
I'm on parent leave at home with my child. And also working on a new project that little time I have.

If any of you find any bugs in the code please make a bug on the google code page here.
For questions regarding config, hardware etc. ask it here and some of the smart guys might be able to help you.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:21 PM
i3dm is offline
Find More Posts by i3dm
RC pilot by soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchino65 View Post
Hi,
but it is better than to have the Breakout Board ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-GPS-...ht_3107wt_1270
how much HZ is that module ?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
marchino65 is offline
Find More Posts by marchino65
Registered User
marchino65's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
how much HZ is that module ?
Info seller

MediaTek MT3329 Single Chip
NMEA-0183 sentences at 4,800 bps on Tx pin
L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
Supports up 210 PRN channels
Jammer detection and reduction
Multi-path detection and compensation
Dimension: 16mm x 16mm x 6mm
Patch Antenna Size: 15mm x 15mm x 4mm
High Sensitivity: Up to -165 dBm tracking, superior urban performances
Position Accuracy: without aid: 3m 2D-RMS , DGPS (SBAS(WAAS,EGNOS,MSAS)):2.5m 2D-RMS
Low Power Consumption: 48mA @ acquisition, 37mA @ tracking
Low Shut-Down Power Consumption: 15uA, typical
DGPS(WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN) support (Default: Enable)
Max. Update Rate: up to 10Hz (Configurable)
Dual interface: UART TTL or USB
FCC E911 compliance and AGPS support (Offline mode : EPO valid up to 14 days )
3.3V or 5V power supply
RoHS Compliant
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
callelj is offline
Find More Posts by callelj
CL-OSD developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Tom View Post
wow, 22chars max,
that solved my problems thanks man!
@home, not field tested yet.
Good that you found a solution, but it's a bit weird that you only can use 22 chars...
What type of camera are you using?
Thanks for the beer btw, sorry I wasn't any help...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:26 PM
frank48 is online now
Find More Posts by frank48
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
I got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708044201...84.m1423.l2649
Seller accepted 16.00 and has free shippinf

I havent tried it yet but I think the specs are really good

Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchino65 View Post
Hi,
but it is better than to have the Breakout Board ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-GPS-...ht_3107wt_1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchino65 View Post
Info seller

MediaTek MT3329 Single Chip
NMEA-0183 sentences at 4,800 bps on Tx pin
L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
Supports up 210 PRN channels
Jammer detection and reduction
Multi-path detection and compensation
Dimension: 16mm x 16mm x 6mm
Patch Antenna Size: 15mm x 15mm x 4mm
High Sensitivity: Up to -165 dBm tracking, superior urban performances
Position Accuracy: without aid: 3m 2D-RMS , DGPS (SBAS(WAAS,EGNOS,MSAS)):2.5m 2D-RMS
Low Power Consumption: 48mA @ acquisition, 37mA @ tracking
Low Shut-Down Power Consumption: 15uA, typical
DGPS(WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN) support (Default: Enable)
Max. Update Rate: up to 10Hz (Configurable)
Dual interface: UART TTL or USB
FCC E911 compliance and AGPS support (Offline mode : EPO valid up to 14 days )
3.3V or 5V power supply
RoHS Compliant

Ok guys, anyone getting one of these might find this utility useful to set the update rates etc.

Frank
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:25 AM
marchino65 is offline
Find More Posts by marchino65
Registered User
marchino65's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
Ok guys, anyone getting one of these might find this utility useful to set the update rates etc.

Frank
Hi,
thanks for the utility, but I think it takes a signal converter TTL/RS232 to connect to your PC. Correct?

Marco


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Super OSD ($90): Open Source Graphic OSD: Vario, 6xADC, Games, Datalog, Dual Video tom66 FPV Equipment 1928 May 24, 2014 12:07 PM
Discussion Open Source Remote Control System (OSRC) Gizmoman31 Radios 152 Apr 24, 2012 07:01 PM
Discussion Open source OSD for FPV UFO_MAN FPV Talk 75 Sep 07, 2011 03:03 PM
Question Open Source Octo Design Available...Looking for someonw who can cut a copy for me... Schatham421 Multirotor Talk 14 Apr 12, 2011 06:22 PM