Jan 30, 2012, 12:31 AM
Ok so I got the thing progg'd with AVR Studio 4 real easy.
But now I want to change a couple of things.
So I did what it says and installed AVR 5

I opened config.h and changed a couple of things via notepad then closed and saved the edited config.h file back in its original place.
The file now has a red ! Next to it.
Followed the instruction to compile and it returned no errors but I notice that now the output hex file has a red ! Next to it.
Is this normal or at least ok ?

I changed the coordinates to suit google and that seems to change on the osd screen.
I selected only two of the home pos set options ie

#define HOME_SET_AT_FIX
#define HOME_SET_MIN_SATS 4

I had 9 satellites but still got no home position ??

What have I missed here

Thanks in advance

Ian
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2012, 09:04 AM
the ! just means you made changes to the file, no big deal. Not 100% sure on the home pos.
Jan 30, 2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy
the ! just means you made changes to the file, no big deal. Not 100% sure on the home pos.
Oh ok thanks. I will keep trying with the code
Jan 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
@callelj Any news on the telemetry downlink through the VBI?
Jan 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
CL-OSD developer
Baggus: I did some test with inserting some data in the visible part but and then I tried to create a circuit for extracting the signal on the other end but it I'm not so good at analog electronics and then I haven't done anything more since then. I'm currently working on another project so I doubt if I will resume it. Sorry...

I don't know if you guys know this but I haven't even flown anything with my osd. Still have that last thing I need to fix on my plane...
Jan 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
Well please tell us what you need to fix, maybe we can help you for a change
Jan 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
CL-OSD developer
I need some way to extract the signal from the video. Imagine that each line is like a barcode. White, Black, White, Black, White, White etc.
This would be in the VBI section so the background should be black. Only thing needed is to add white.
Jan 30, 2012, 02:00 PM
I wasn't just talking about the OSD, what's wrong with the plane? :P

About that circuit, shouldn't an Arduino be able to take a CVBS signal directly on one of the analog ports?

You may need something like a usb oscilloscope (very cheap nowadays) to figure out what kind of signal to look for on the analog port of the Arduino.
Last edited by Baggus; Jan 30, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Jan 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
CL-OSD developer
Aaa, ok. I just need to do some tweaks to it. No problem.

And learn to fly planes better.
I'm much better at multicopters. But after trying fpv without osd on my tricopter I think it needs an multiwii or simular for me to use it or my quad as an fpv platform. It ended upside down in a field.
Jan 30, 2012, 11:06 PM
Ha ha Leave a couple of things in and a couple out and now I have the home pos woop woop
Plenty of things to play with in the config.h.
Hours of fun
Feb 01, 2012, 04:51 PM
so no one knows why I may be getting
avrdude.exe: ERROR: address 0x2010 out of range at line 513 of cl-osd.hex

even from code pulled down and un modified?
Feb 02, 2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy
so no one knows why I may be getting
avrdude.exe: ERROR: address 0x2010 out of range at line 513 of cl-osd.hex

even from code pulled down and un modified?
try googeling:

"avrdude.exe: ERROR: address" "out of range at line"

i quickly skimmed the results, it seems that while it typically indicates too large a hex file, there are some people reporting it happening with a file known to be of acceptable size; maybe you can find some leads there
Feb 02, 2012, 03:11 PM
I did look around there (and just did again). So far I have not found any answers, other than the file is too large.

I will try to check out an old version and see if I can burn that, and maybe start removing some stuff to make it smaller and see what happens....
Feb 02, 2012, 11:37 PM
ok, well I'm an idiot....
the batch file I was using to burn, was hard coded to one path, so even though I was copying it around to different directories with different versions, it kept trying to burn the same one, which is probably to large..... Now that I know I can burn the stock one, I can figure it out.
Feb 07, 2012, 03:14 PM
Suspended Account
hey callelj can you make it so that once I have a home position it doesn't forget it? Sometimes in deep dives I lose satellites and when I come back to level the home position is gone!

This is really hard when I'm 3km out and I now have no home arrow.