Aug 23, 2011, 12:59 PM
On a holiday?
Some are reporting that the G-OSD shuts down after 8 min. Have you experienced this or do you know why it does this?

Note: I do not have the G-osd myself yet.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2011, 01:05 PM
CL-OSD developer
Thread OP
Freakazoid: If you can program the kk-board you can program the g-osd. But it requires some soldering...

actionplus: An instruction would be nice. Will put it on my todo.

RENATOA: I think it's a 1hz since it's using 4800 baud. It's a bit slow but it might work. I have no experience on this.

boopidoo: G-OSD stock or G-OSD with CL-OSD flashed?
I have had mine running for a looong time (1 hour+) and haven't seen any problems.
Aug 23, 2011, 01:39 PM
Is the E-OSD or the G-OSD the same as the rcmile OSD?
Aug 23, 2011, 01:49 PM
Anyone can provide links to the OSD that you could use with this? I know it's early in the development process but for the prices I've seen, I would like to order one now, since the wait is long, maybe they're even backordered.
Aug 23, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDutchman
Can I add GPS to that one or is there another one that has GPS?
Aug 23, 2011, 02:51 PM
Ok, so after searching a bit, it seems that the one above is the E-OSD, and the link below, seems to be the G-OSD. Can't believe they are both in stock in "BackorderKing".

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=17141
Aug 23, 2011, 04:23 PM
CL-OSD developer
Thread OP
Update:
Added real data to home arrow. Now at 100.0% program space used. :-)
Need to make some optimizations in the code to save space...
Aug 23, 2011, 04:36 PM
Up up and away!
How about moving half the character set into EEPROM? Or skipping lower-case letters?

In the worst case, one could always get a separate E-OSD and program it to complement the G-OSD info. $13 isn't too bad. But maybe that's too easy.
Aug 23, 2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoP
Ok, so after searching a bit, it seems that the one above is the E-OSD, and the link below, seems to be the G-OSD. Can't believe they are both in stock in "BackorderKing".

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=17141
they are both in stock, not in backorder. you can buy them both(if you need them both) right now
Aug 23, 2011, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi
How about moving half the character set into EEPROM? Or skipping lower-case letters?

In the worst case, one could always get a separate E-OSD and program it to complement the G-OSD info. $13 isn't too bad. But maybe that's too easy.
I'm dealing with the E-OSD to add GPS capability.
The hardest part is to solder 1 wire to RX pin (30) of atmega, the MLF package is not very easy to solder with soldering iron.
Aug 24, 2011, 12:53 AM
CL-OSD developer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi

Tried that before but then reverted since I wanted to be able to add other data to eeprom. But now I might have to add at least part of the characters to eeprom. Will have a look at it...

Adding another E-OSD seems messy I think...
Aug 24, 2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj
Tried that before but then reverted since I wanted to be able to add other data to eeprom. But now I might have to add at least part of the characters to eeprom. Will have a look at it...

Adding another E-OSD seems messy I think...
Should I start ordering a 328 chip?
$7 and you will get everything in there with space to spare.
Aug 24, 2011, 05:26 AM
CL-OSD developer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionplus
Should I start ordering a 328 chip?
and you will get everything in there with space to spare.
I will work on getting the stock hardware working.
But you or anyone else is always welcome to make a branch from trunk and work on a target with bigger µC.
Aug 24, 2011, 08:49 AM

uC

Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj
I will work on getting the stock hardware working.
But you or anyone else is always welcome to make a branch from trunk and work on a target with bigger µC.
Think I will order a few for the fun of it.

Quick Reply