Nov 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
hello guys! this osd can work with 4s Lipo batt? or only 2-3s?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.viglione
hello guys! this osd can work with 4s Lipo batt? or only 2-3s?
7.4 - 12v. 2-3s
Nov 21, 2012, 06:18 AM
that is indeed the spec....but I have used both on 4S without incident...no guarantee, but it has worked for me...
Nov 21, 2012, 11:05 PM
mutski

trugclosd4 help please!

Truglodite and other program wizards!
I have ordered the G-OSD and I'm planning to flash it with trugclosd4. I'm no programming wizard, so please tell me if I'm on track!

My understanding is that I can make the settings I want in the config.h file, leave the rest alone, compile new hex and eep files and flash them into the G-OSD. Correct?

I have an Immersion 250mw 5.8ghz Vtx with NTSC camera (from the Fatshark Predator package). I am using the Spektrum Ar6115 with no RSSI output. What I want from cl-osd is voltages from two batteries, GPS position, home arrow, altitude above ground, speed and distance from home. I’d like to be able to correct my GPS position but plan to comment-out the fudge factors until I see the what the error is. I added my amateur radio call sign in the indicated spot. I haven't messed with the Battery Percentage Sensor settings; do they apply with my simple setup? I'm attaching the modified config.h file. Does it look ok?

To flash the unit, I’m thinking I can solder a connector like this onto the G-OSD : https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...9645423462.jpg though maybe a female connector would be better.

I can put a matching connector on the cable that comes with the USB AVR programmer: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21321 using connections like this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1890 to match those here https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...9645423462.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks to Truglodite for developing this mod - it appears to contain all the tweaks I want! And thanks to all for checking my plan!
Nov 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski
I am using the Spektrum Ar6115 with no RSSI output.
Any suggestions?
If you really want RSSI, you could use a DORA board that you plug into the data port of the Spektrum receiver. It's a bid crude, but it does work. Not 100% it would work for the AR6115, but being a DSMX receiver, I believe it would. Type "dora spektrum rssi" in google and you should get some information about that product.

Keep in mind that the AR6115 is a parkflyer receiver. Range is quite limited, so be careful while doing FPV!
Nov 22, 2012, 11:14 AM
mutski
RealGambler - thanks for Dora info. I'll look to see if the Ar6115 has a data port.
I know they say parkflier, but I've tested mine on the ground to 1.1 miles and others have done far more. Check this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783753

I have a 2.4 ghz patch antenna coming for the dx6i. So far i'm staying within a half mile, so I'm not in a huge hurry to install it. My 5.8 ghz video is the limiting factor anyway. I'm thinking about a helical antenna for that, but I don't expext to get much more than a mile. Maybe next summer i'll look at dragonlink plus 1.3ghz video.
Nov 22, 2012, 03:04 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Well, don't forget that you'll have a 5.8Ghz video transmitter onboard, which may reduce the range of your 2.4Ghz receiver.... Plus other electronic devices (GPS, Camera, etc). All this sitting just inches away from your parkflier receiver.
Nov 26, 2012, 01:45 AM
working good on 4s lipo

exist a version of this firmware for multirotor?
Nov 26, 2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.viglione
working good on 4s lipo

exist a version of this firmware for multirotor?
That's cool eh
Nov 26, 2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ
That's cool eh
oh yes
Nov 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
avt
avt
Hell Flyer
Hey guys, I really need your help. I've been trying to flash the E-OSD with ATMEGA88PA for the past 2 days with no luck.
I confirmed it's not bricked, because it works fine with its default FW.

My PC is running on Win 7 64bit.
I have this programmer:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...occessors.html
It works fine and I use it for programming my ESCs.
It has a jumper on it.
When I connect the programmer to the USB port, the red LED on the E-OSD start flashing rapidly.

When running the command line, I get this:

Quote:
C:\>avrdude.exe -p m88 -c usbasp -U flash:w:cl-osd.hex -U eeprom:w:cl-osd.eep

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware up
date.
avrdude.exe: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
It seems it doesn't even recognize the device, right?

If I use the "-F" option, I get this:

Quote:
C:\>avrdude.exe -p m88 -c usbasp -U flash:w:cl-osd.hex -U eeprom:w:cl-osd.eep -F

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x620000
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATmega88 is 1E 93 0A
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
To disable this feature, specify the -D option.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
Now it look that it recognized the programmer as ATMEGA88, and not ATMEGA88PA, which is what I have.
What is Device signature = 0x620000?

What am I missing here?
Nov 29, 2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt
C:\>avrdude.exe -p m88 -c usbasp -U flash:w:cl-osd.hex -U eeprom:w:cl-osd.eep
as long as there's atmega88pa, you're using wrong id in command line, it shouild be m88p (check your avrdude config file)
Nov 29, 2012, 02:50 PM
avt
avt
Hell Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius
as long as there's atmega88pa, you're using wrong id in command line, it shouild be m88p (check your avrdude config file)
Tried that and got the exact same results.
Tried again with the -F option, and this time got:

Code:
F:\>avrdude.exe -p m88p -c usbasp -U flash:w:cl-osd.hex -U eeprom:w:cl-osd.eep -F

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x000000
avrdude.exe: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATMEGA88P is 1E 93 0F
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
             To disable this feature, specify the -D option.

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.

The avrdude.conf looks like this:
Code:
#------------------------------------------------------------
# ATmega88P
#------------------------------------------------------------

part
    id               = "m88p";
    desc             = "ATMEGA88P";
     has_debugwire = yes;
     flash_instr   = 0xB6, 0x01, 0x11;
     eeprom_instr  = 0xBD, 0xF2, 0xBD, 0xE1, 0xBB, 0xCF, 0xB4, 0x00,
	             0xBE, 0x01, 0xB6, 0x01, 0xBC, 0x00, 0xBB, 0xBF,
	             0x99, 0xF9, 0xBB, 0xAF;
    stk500_devcode   = 0x73;
#    avr910_devcode   = 0x;
    signature        = 0x1e 0x93 0x0f;
    pagel            = 0xd7;
    bs2              = 0xc2;

(The rest is the same as ATMEGA88)
What's wrong now?

BTW, I'm now on a different PC, just to verify it's not an environment problem.
Nov 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt

My PC is running on Win 7 64bit.
...I have this programmer:..... USBasp

It works fine and I use it for programming my ESCs.
check your wires miso,mosi, sck,rst, or something like that.
carrefully check order....
or your solder .

I get same issue after a crash. connector break miso solder point.
So don't solder connector directly on pcb but use wires between pcb and connector then glue wires take care to do not solder pcb point.
Nov 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
avt
avt
Hell Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3d-nexus
check your wires miso,mosi, sck,rst, or something like that.
carrefully check order....
or your solder .

I get same issue after a crash. connector break miso solder point.
So don't solder connector directly on pcb but use wires between pcb and connector then glue wires take care to do not solder pcb point.
Found it...
When I first cut the shrink, I went too deep with the blade and cut the thin wires on the PCB. I damaged the miso, mosi and sck. There was no continuity between the flashing pads and the chip.
So I carefully soldered thin wire between the pads and the legs on the chip.
Now everything is working just fine.

The problem is I'm afraid to leave this very fragile soldering job on the board as is.

Quick Reply