Oct 10, 2012, 05:47 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ
Just opened up my other camera to reprogram. Thought you might appreciate this CL-OSD placement
Right in there with the camera and ubec for the GPS
Nice, but sometime, cameras are generating a lot of noise. The GPS still lock quickly?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashed22
Changed line 3 to 130, and so far looks good. Can't get sat lock in my house, but will give it a go in the am. Was getting ghosting on the home not set, and that is now gone, so that may just do it. Thanks!
So gave it a go this morning, much better, still get some ghosting, but at least everything is visible now and the stats show too. I'm sticking with it. Thanks!
Oct 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
Nice, but sometime, cameras are generating a lot of noise. The GPS still lock quickly?
I have been using it like this for a while and the GPS used to lock very quickly. But recently I have changed to a 600mw TX from 250mw and now it takes a lot longer. I have also changed to carbon booms from Ali and it hates being stuck to the boom !!
Oct 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Quote:
So gave it a go this morning, much better, still get some ghosting, but at least everything is visible now and the stats show too. I'm sticking with it. Thanks!
NP, good to hear it works OK now.

Nice work BigJim. Is that one of those 600TVL WDR cameras from SC2000? A bunch of us FPV from the area are using that camera, and some of them say it generates a lot of noise.

Kev
Oct 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite

Nice work BigJim. Is that one of those 600TVL WDR cameras from SC2000? A bunch of us FPV from the area are using that camera, and some of them say it generates a lot of noise.

Kev
Thanks. Yes I've heard that although I only equated the issues with UHF systems not the gps so its a valid point.
To be honest I never gave it much thought when I made the thing it just seems like a good idea lol.
The cam is http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Menu-DNR.html
Need to find a sweet spot for the GPS to live but it's tough on a tricopter to separate stuff
Oct 10, 2012, 02:54 PM

Finally done...I think

Well, I think I have it tweaked to where I want it...all except for cleaning up the sporadic errors in altitude...
I tried lots of things..added that fix must be valid before storing the data for display....checking the RMC message (the one that gives bearing and speed) status bit..tried to put a sanity check on altitude changes....nothing worked...

but I did change a lot of things....thanks to Trug for the starting base...

here is what I changed:
Minor:
1. Changed the home set on # valid fixs/min #sats to require the fixs be done with sats above the minimum (I think that was the intent, but not what the code actually did)..[gps-common.h]
2. GPS coords are shown, if enabled for in flight display, only below 200 feet altitude [layout.h]
3. Changed the dist to home display text from "LOS" to "DIST"..it really isnt LineOfSight distance..its flat map of the earth distance.. [layout.h]
4. Made the storage of data contigent not only on checksum valid, but also fix valid...unfortunately this doesnt seem to improve accuracy much...best results I get are to require 10 fixes with more than 7 sats...[gps-common.h]
5. Moved the satellite display to far upper right corner [layout.h]
6. Positioned GPS coords,when displayed, to middle top [layout.h]
7. Pressing the button will remove the stats until the timeout occurs again [cl-osd.c]
8. Changed line3 position to 130 from 135 for NTSC to stop ghosting (mostly) [layout.h]

Major:
1. Made the RSSI display disappear if RSSI is at 0%...this allows me to use the same code on systems with and without RSSI connected and not have the RSSI display sitting there or alarming..[layout.h]
2. Added a heading compile option to display 0-360 deg heading on bottom line of display [config.h & layout.h]
3. Added a variometer arrow to the right of the alt display to show climbing and descending [layout.h, gps-common.h, & oem6x8.h]
4. Removed TRIP stat...needed to get more code space...I don't ever use that one anyway! [layout.h & gps-common.h]

will fly it today or tomorrow....have driven around the neighborhood with it in the car to test...so far...so good...

here are some screen shots...
Oct 10, 2012, 04:10 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli
4. Removed TRIP stat...needed to get more code space...I don't ever use that one anyway! [layout.h & gps-common.h]
I guess this is saving tons of space? Because it's a nice feature. I'm always amazed at how much milleage we get with our aircrafts when we are up there! Oh well, when something has to go, something has to go!
Oct 11, 2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite

Kev
Thought I'd check that GPS lock from cold. 5 sats home position in 40sec with set at 4
That's with Joerns mix. I'm going to try your mix on the next one when it arrives
Oct 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
9W2DLR
i have e-osd hbk manual is confusing anyone have a working wiring diagram for e-osd? not sure with batt pin go to where
Oct 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Well, I think I have it tweaked to where I want it...all except for cleaning up the sporadic errors in altitude...
Mind sharing your files? Wouldn't mind giving them a try, we use pretty much use the same stuff... Thanks!
Oct 11, 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Mind sharing your files? Wouldn't mind giving them a try, we use pretty much use the same stuff... Thanks!
sure...here it is...
Oct 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
sure...here it is...
Cool! Thanks, I'll give it a whirl!
Oct 11, 2012, 05:09 PM
Loaded up with my personal preferences, and sat offsets. Like it a lot so far, just need the gusty wind to die down, and I'll give it a flight test... Thanks
Speaking of sat offsets, I have to use negative numbers up here in Idaho, any one else have to use negatives? They work fine and are really accurate most of the time when I have plenty of sats. Just remember a comment about it a few pages back about being possibly buggy...?
Last edited by Crashed22; Oct 11, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Oct 12, 2012, 07:16 PM
So, I haven't tried it yet... my son came home on leave and talked me into one last search for my lost quad+ gopro lost a month ago. Glad he did, we found it! A month in the weather, but only rained once. All the electronics still work. Only lost one motor to a bad bearing. Looks like it landed straight on the gopro... glass case bubble was shattered, case was broken open, and camera was laying two feet away. Lcd was shattered and black, but the thing still works! Hope to try out the new settings in the osd tonight or tomorrow am...
Oct 17, 2012, 12:36 AM
Hello guy's i hev the g- osd with cl-osd fw but i not use this OSD for much time, what it's the last firmware for g-osd 2? can you send me a link please?

Quick Reply