This thread is privately moderated by Mr. Wiz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 13, 2011, 11:38 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Thread OP
Discussion

A couple of new ones added to the collection

Well, I keep saying this is my last one but like a Lays Potato chip no one can have just one and even just 15 of 20 it seems. I'm beginning to get some focus on where I'd like to concentrate my collecting. In the beginning I just liked them all and anything I could get was what I wanted. These days I'm focusing on lesser seen 4-cycle engines and twins of any kind..... that I can afford.

Anyway, here are the three 4-cycles that I've added to the collection since my last entry here.
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Aug 12, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2011, 08:03 AM
Tim
Nice collection. I've always had an interest in the unusual 4-strokes - belt drives, gear drives, and such. And even though I'm not a bit TT fan, I too have always thought the TT-07 just 'looked right'.

I went electric years ago, but still have a never-flown FourStar60 with a never-run Saito FA-82. It's just cool to look at. And every once in a while I take it down from the rafters, turn the prop, and make those put-put noises my wife thinks are childish : )

Even though I only fly electric now, I've thought it might be nice to have a few engines just to bench run. Glow fuel is high, though, and my hobby time has limits. If I ever get around to flying 'wet' again, I think I'd end up with gas to avoid ordering glow fuel.

I'll just keep daydreaming for now.
Aug 19, 2011, 09:38 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Thread OP
Thanks for the compliment. I've been all electric for the better part of 6 years now. This summer I discovered discus launch gliders and I'm wondering if I'll fly anything that has a propulsion system on it in a few years. Whether on not I go that far with the gliders doesn't matter. I'm going to continue to collect engines for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,
Wiz

Quick Reply