This thread is privately moderated by jeffsch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 13, 2011, 09:13 AM
Jer. 29:11
Thread OP
Build Log

Build-a-thon

My RC club (Marymoor R/C) is having an event today (Electric Fly-In), and I'm planning to do a build-a-thon at the event. And what better plane to build than one of dz1sfb's SEMFF WWII combat planes.

Ideally, the build starts within the hour. Watch this space for updates.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2011, 09:18 AM
Thread OP
I bought a box of kits from dz1sfb in case anyone at the event gets the bug, and I'm bringing along a finished airplane (P-39) and one in the pink (P-51D) to incite that.
Aug 13, 2011, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Getting started
Aug 13, 2011, 12:54 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
Cool idea Jeffsch. I am anxious to see process pics and the finished product.

jimmy
Aug 13, 2011, 08:33 PM
Thread OP
Fortunately, the weather was terrific -- sunny and calm. Unfortunately, the technology-smart-phone-picture-post thing didn't work out so well. Fortunately, I did spend a remarkable time talking to people, typically "builders" who were interested in various aspects of building these models. Unfortunately, I didn't have nearly as much time to work on the airplane as I'd hoped. Fortunately, I passed on two of Ken's kits to a father-son pair. Unfortunately, I _almost_ got it flying right then-and-there but the motor wouldn't quite fit into its motor mount.

All in all, a v. nice day, and I'd happily do it again.
Aug 13, 2011, 11:25 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Its amazing how time flys when your doing something like this. Sounds like you had a good time.

Ken
Aug 25, 2011, 11:47 PM
Thread OP

All done!

It took just a few minutes, honestly, after the build-a-thon to get it flying. And, I took the advice to fly it before I painted it. After that, well, I indulged in painting and drawing panel lines etc.
Aug 26, 2011, 12:21 AM
Sure looks good Jeffsch. Make sure you post those pics over in the SEMFF WWII thread. Ken would love to see them.
May 29, 2016, 12:37 PM
Ruptured Duck

Tigercat KIT???

Is this available in Kit at this time? If so, from whom, and how much?

I am all glow at this time the exception of an old ACE Whisper 400 that i changed from Geared to brushless. Electric has won the day with fields disappearing and fuel more expensive.
May 29, 2016, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstall321
Is this available in Kit at this time? If so, from whom, and how much?

I am all glow at this time the exception of an old ACE Whisper 400 that i changed from Geared to brushless. Electric has won the day with fields disappearing and fuel more expensive.
Go here for the thread with 32 different plane plans on it. Not sure if Tigercat is there but no you know where to look for them all.

Hope that helps.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1012551
May 29, 2016, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
The Tigercat kit is available, and I'd be delighted to cut a kit (or two) for you. Here is the build thread with pricing for kits.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2528537
May 30, 2016, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsch
The Tigercat kit is available, and I'd be delighted to cut a kit (or two) for you. Here is the build thread with pricing for kits.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2528537
Bingo!!!

Quick Reply